Turn regular diapers into adult size

Vaan

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I think this falls in the category of "makeshift diapers".

Recently browsing reddit I saw a user uploading a picture of a Pampers in adult size, and gave some quick notes on how he did it. This week I tried finding those posts but I couldn't, and I decided to make my own by using his idea.

My result:

image18.gif

The general idea is to glue together 6 toddler diapers so it makes a bigger one and in a way that it prevents leaks as much as posible.

I've created a detailed guide here, but here's a general diagram of how to arrange the diapers:
1588339926250.png

And overall I must say I liked the result. Here are some pro's/con's:
  • Pros:
    • It looks pretty much like an enlarged version of one of the existing baby diapers.
    • On the inside it feels like it has the “3 absorbing channels” P&G use to market their product.
    • It’s available for people without access to online shopping.
    • Awesome absorbency. Some toddler diapers are extremely absorbent for their price and thickness, mine hold up ~700ml each, so in theory you get 6*700=~4200ml.
  • Cons:
    • It takes some time and practice to do it (between one and two hours).
    • You need a somewhat special tool (hot glue gun).
    • It’s not cheap. Assuming 0.25€ each baby diaper, it’s 1.5€ in diapers plus ~0.50€ on glue, totalling for about 2€ per adult diaper.
    • Elastic bands are weak, so not all the theoretical absorbance is used. While seated, I usually get the first small leak after ~1200ml.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Vistavision99, Liddlefoot, Dhuum and 11 others
Sounds like an interesting idea. Good time use in quarantine. How long would it take you to make a case of 36 diapers?

Arts & crafts! Love it! Aren't the seams held together with the hot glue stiff?

Reactions: Chosen
Wow, glue is expensive in Europe. I pay about a dime each for glue sticks and I can't imagine using more than one.

Credit where credit's due, I say. 👍
I did it years ago, before the clothlike outers and had to use double-sided tape on the outer, using cut-offs to replicate the outer finish, and fabric tape, as used by weavers, for the inners.
With clothlikes, humble bostick or uhu type solvent glues can be used. Use of heat and pressure (for me, my bedroom radiator and fingers, respectively) helps the glues absorb into the structure if the material, making a stronger fix (and the heat speeds things up, too).
Although I determined that the process of trying to recreate a baby dispy wasn't worth the effort and expense, the knowledge gained was useful for adapting some adult dispies for a better fit.

If anybody's thinking of trying, be prepared for lots of fluff and sap dust in the air and getting everywhere. Same with liquid glue, but I can't think of a rhyme, neither here nor there 😁

Last edited:
dlboylife said:
How long would it take you to make a case of 36 diapers?

Way too long 😅 probably 30 hours non-stop?

DippyDawg said:
Aren't the seams held together with the hot glue stiff?

Just a bit - depending on the position you might feel them, but it's a thin layer of glue that's still flexible.

ade said:
If anybody's thinking of trying, be prepared for lots of fluff and sap dust in the air and getting everywhere.

With the method I used you really don't have to open any of the sap part, so you shouldn't have this happening :)

all this work for one Diaper ^^'

the next problem is, it wont be much
more absorbent then the Baby Diaper

Last edited:
DeanHow said:
I see somebody has gotten bored during lockdown 😂
But you have to admit, it really looks like a big Adult size Baby Diaper ^^
good crafted work there :)

Would be nice if the Companies that make Baby Diapers like
Huggies and Pampers would make real adult sized Baby Diapers^^

i love my AB diapers, like Peek ABU and Crinklz,
but always when i see a Pampers, i think:
"that is the real deal.
That is a real diaper, i wish i could fit into it"

i know our AB diapers are Real Diapers as well, but...
how should i put it...
Wearing a real Pampers that fit me would make me such a Happy dry Baby :D

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 70sPampers, Diaperboy4, BigKid25 and 1 other person
Wow. I mean, wow.

The result looks like impressive. And that's my honest opinion as a DL with a strong prefernce for non-AB plastic-backed diapers. But a superreal Hyper-Pampers would still be something even for me because of its authenticity. Don't expect me to be logical in that matter.
Unfortunately, 2€ and 1 hour definitely isn't worth it, so I won't even try.

• Love
Reactions: Chosen, BigKid25 and GermanDL
Ver impressive, but a hell of a lot of work for that!

The lockdown is good for something :)

nice work

You should make a YouTube video on making one from start to finish.

Reactions: TigerDL
txmade said:
You should make a YouTube video on making one from start to finish.

That's a nice idea - I can try :3
(probably next weekend)

Reactions: ElPulpo
I can convert most adult sized diaper's into baby diaper's each diaper takes around 5 minutes to convert start to finish.

The diaper's I make have a capacity rating of 7,000+ ml and start out plastic backed with 4 sticky tapes. When Im done they are 3 layers thick, cloth backed wtih 4 hook and loop tapes without degrading the capacity of the adult diaper in anyway. If anything the conversion adds around 1,800 ml capacity and the wetness indicator on the baby diaper works as well. The diaper's are a little thicker then some of the top end ABDL diapers. These diapers are designed to be a 24 hr diaper that look and feel like a baby diaper; In hindsight they technically are.

When the wetness indicator on the baby diaper begins to turn it is time to change.

There is one thing I can't stand is having to change every few hrs. When I was younger and had control I could hold my bladder for up to 8 hrs and to say I have to change now every few hrs is silly to say the least. A good diaper needs to last at minimum 8-12 hrs and that is what I have done. Sure it costs me on average $350 USD per month but it is well worth the effort. I only use 40-45 or so diapers per month.

Attachments

• 20210222_103147.jpg
    20210222_103147.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 111
  • 20210222_103133.jpg
    20210222_103133.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 107
  • Love
Reactions: Chosen
dlboylife said:
Sounds like an interesting idea. Good time use in quarantine. How long would it take you to make a case of 36 diapers?
I can make a case of 36 in around 3 hrs

Vaan said:
I think this falls in the category of "makeshift diapers".

Recently browsing reddit I saw a user uploading a picture of a Pampers in adult size, and gave some quick notes on how he did it. This week I tried finding those posts but I couldn't, and I decided to make my own by using his idea.

My result:

image18.gif

The general idea is to glue together 6 toddler diapers so it makes a bigger one and in a way that it prevents leaks as much as posible.

I've created a detailed guide here, but here's a general diagram of how to arrange the diapers:
View attachment 40588

And overall I must say I liked the result. Here are some pro's/con's:
  • Pros:
    • It looks pretty much like an enlarged version of one of the existing baby diapers.
    • On the inside it feels like it has the “3 absorbing channels” P&G use to market their product.
    • It’s available for people without access to online shopping.
    • Awesome absorbency. Some toddler diapers are extremely absorbent for their price and thickness, mine hold up ~700ml each, so in theory you get 6*700=~4200ml.
  • Cons:
    • It takes some time and practice to do it (between one and two hours).
    • You need a somewhat special tool (hot glue gun).
    • It’s not cheap. Assuming 0.25€ each baby diaper, it’s 1.5€ in diapers plus ~0.50€ on glue, totalling for about 2€ per adult diaper.
    • Elastic bands are weak, so not all the theoretical absorbance is used. While seated, I usually get the first small leak after ~1200ml.
Wow! I love this idea thank you 😊

GermanDL said:
But you have to admit, it really looks like a big Adult size Baby Diaper ^^
good crafted work there :)

Would be nice if the Companies that make Baby Diapers like
Huggies and Pampers would make real adult sized Baby Diapers^^

i love my AB diapers, like Peek ABU and Crinklz,
but always when i see a Pampers, i think:
"that is the real deal.
That is a real diaper, i wish i could fit into it"

i know our AB diapers are Real Diapers as well, but...
how should i put it...
Wearing a real Pampers that fit me would make me such a Happy dry Baby :D
Agreed

Theres a woman YouTuber who makes adult diapers look like baby ones. She will trim the baby diapers a bit and spray glue it on to a large adult plain white diaper. She wore it and it looked pretty authentic.

Back