trying to change a BM accident...

CrossfireHurricane

longtime complete incontinent
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I rarely have BM accidents. But sometimes it does happen and at the most worst time. For me it's easier to leave and get home. I'm sure I'm not alone. So much easier (clean-up and a completely shower) than trying to do this in a public bathroom. It's almost impossible. How do you deal with a Messy accident during the day?

Reactions: Edgewater, jdinvirginia and Diprs2
I have had quite a few messing accidents while away from home. I have figured out where the handicap / disabled bathrooms are in town and have had to change into a clean diaper. It is much easier to change while at home because I always take a shower after a messy diaper. I always have a change kit in a backpack in my car while away from home.

Last edited:
Reactions: Edgewater, chuck, jdinvirginia and 2 others
The accidents I have had were usually when out on a walk on my own so it is a case of just getting home without going upwind of anyone and showering.
Not all my accidents were so easily dealt with as once on a boys day out I could Not stop myself soiling my Nappy and spent ages and half a roll of toilet paper cleaning myself as best I could in the filthiest public toilet I have ever had the displeasure to have to use and whilst I did not add to the state of that toilet it was still a very difficult clean up.
One other memorable time was out walking with my daughter and right out of the blue I filled my Nappy out in the middle of nowhere and for no apparent reason, all I could do was stay downwind and smooth the back of my Nappy out, I am fairly sure she never realised but then she is too polite to pass any comment on that sort of thing, just so embarrasing !

Reactions: Freddie07601, Edgewater and Diprs2
I do it exactly the same way as Tundra. Disabled toilets usually have a sink. So this is not as perfect as a shower but helps enough to get you somehow clean again. Wet wipes and paper towels are also pretty usefull. So it is a good idea to have them in the bag with the spare diapers and clothes.

Honestly, I always look for the nearest toilet when this happens to me to change only the diaper in case of doubt and then look for a disabled toilet where I can clean myself properly.
I lose if it goes wrong only thin stools - and that is then always a huge mess. With this I do not want to sit in the car or any other means of transport - because exactly the "sat down" makes everything only much worse…

Reactions: Edgewater and Diprs2
O have been accident free since last autumn, by adhering to a strict diet and some luck. But I've had some close calls since. In the past, my accidents all occurred as I got home, while clenching and holding on as best as I could. Having diarrhea (IBS-d) accidents in the driveway or at the backdoor of the house made the cleanup easier than having to sit in it to drive home in it. IBS-d is difficult to "contain", hence my extreme focus on getting home. The only alternative is to always leave the house in "full gear".

Reactions: Edgewater, Diprs2 and mickdl
I have less than a handful per year
but it's always a change at home
remove as much as possible then get in the shower
garbage right to outside bin

Reactions: Edgewater, Diprs2, AJFan2020 and 2 others
so this does not happen to me very often when I am out and about but I have cleaned up in a similar way even when I’m at home and I just don’t feel like taking a shower. I have the super ginormous XL, assurance, incontinence, wipes, and I always have three or four in a Ziploc bag plus good toilet paper, never use the crappy stuff in the stall. and I have Desitin. So I clean up really good and then use the Desitin and then put another diaper back on. I roll the dirty one up and put it in a BOS bag, twisty, twisty, twisty, and then tie and throw it out.

Reactions: Edgewater
I've only had a handful of accidents, maybe 3 since I have been U-IC. The worst was in Mexico, the day after I had proposed. We were going to get dinner (thankfully at a restaurant in our hotel) and I bent down to pick up my room key and bam. Must have drank some bad water. I was not prepared with the right supplies for that kind of accident. Didn't get sick, but it did cause a bit of diarrhea for a day.

CrossfireDiaperHurricane said:
I rarely have BM accidents. But sometimes it does happen and at the most worst time. For me it's easier to leave and get home. I'm sure I'm not alone. So much easier (clean-up and a completely shower) than trying to do this in a public bathroom. It's almost impossible. How do you deal with a Messy accident during the day?
I usually don't have DAYTIME accidents. Most of mine are when I'm sleeping or the early morning. So clean-ups are mostly in my own bathroom. But of course they do happen once in a while. When I get up in the morning I've already loaded my diaper. I might wait for a while to make sure I'm completely emptied.Then it's a bathroom clean-up and a nice shower before I air-out for my skin. But every once in a while I'll have an unexpected BM accident during the day. I try not to panic and simply drive home. I've only had a few where I was stuck and had to use a public bathroom. Sometimes I'll use a disabled bathroom if it's open. And other times you have to use a regular public bathroom. I always keep an emergency pack in my car so if I have to I'll use it. But it's a real pain in the ass for cleaning -up a messy diaper. I never feel clean enough before I have a good shower. Sometimes I simply wait until I can get back to my house. I use chlorophyll so I know an accident isn't that noticed. I usually have at least an hour before someone might smell something. So if it's more than an hour or so I think anyone might notice. Most of the time I get home before a disaster.

Reactions: Edgewater and daylight
this doesn’t happen to me very often but it has happened. Because I’m forced to use public transportation and I’m very visually impaired, if I have an accident it’s not like I can just drive my car home. So I usually carry the extra supplies with me that I need in case it happens. usually it’s only like once a year for me that it happens out in public, most of the time it’s when I am at home, so that’s nice, easier to clean up. Recently, however, I started taking Ozempic and now I think I’m more likely to possibly have that kind of accident while I’m out and about, just can’t really account for the timing on when that shits going to happen. Lol yes good pun there. I’m gonna start checking NULLO tablets to see how that works with my body and to see if it really does the job. in August I’ve got a bunch of concerts coming up that I’m going to where there’s the potential for me to possibly have that kind of accident while I am out and I am a bit worried about that, I mean, hopefully it doesn’t happen, but you always have to be prepared for the worst situation . So I’m going to experiment with the tablets next next week and see how it goes.

nikthewerelion said:
. So I’m going to experiment with the tablets next next week and see how it goes.
Accidents in public are terrible. Mine advice is to use Nullo (a chlorophyll copper). Others might know but only a few hours later. It also never helps to wear some good plastic pants. And of course clean-up as soon as possible.

Reactions: jdinvirginia and Edgewater
CrossfireDiaperHurricane said:
oh yes i would agree it is much easier to handle in the comfort of your own home. and yes a BM accident mostly likely will happen at the worse possible moment. over the years especially now a days with the private family restrooms it can be an easy change you just can't be in a rush. always keep the necessary supplies in the diaper backpack in our vehicle to handle a BM change. have found the easiest place to change a diaper is the tailgate of our SUV for it becomes the prefect changing table. and the messy diaper along with wipes can be wrapped and disposed of in a trash bin outside than inside a restroom where it can create a bad smell for others.

Never say never!

One of the fastest ways of catching the IC wannabes is whether they have a carry bag and/or a support diaper bag of size in the SUV. I always target backing into parking places (as stated above) as this provides the rear of the SUV to change when the worst occurs. And, yes, plastic pants are a life saver and another common items for IC folk - plan for the worst!

Likely because, I have long had acid reflux, my food intake is fairly bland, but even with being U-IC, BM events happen and tend to be limited to a couple of times a year for me. But hell, when they occur, commonly from food poisoning, which is jokingly call the 24 hour flu! When I traveled internationally, I eat at excellent eateries with wonderful wines and avoid tap water completely.

As stated in past Posts, I carry a briefcase (diaper bag), which was well fitted to support the worst case. Public bathroom clean-ups just plan suck, but having the need suppliers vasty eases things. Since I became U-IC shortly after the arrival of my son, first upgrading his diaper bag and later converting it to support only me, was a great help as he pre-confirmed what was needed and mine simply became an upsized version of his.

Plan for the worst and rejoice when it does not happen!!

Reactions: 247, newt and CrossfireHurricane
Edgewater said:
Never say never!

One of the fastest ways of catching the IC wannabes is whether they have a carry bag and/or a support diaper bag of size in the SUV. I always target backing into parking places (as stated above) as this provides the rear of the SUV to change when the worst occurs. And, yes, plastic pants are a life saver and another common items for IC folk - plan for the worst!

Likely because, I have long had acid reflux, my food intake is fairly bland, but even with being U-IC, BM events happen and tend to be limited to a couple of times a year for me. But hell, when they occur, commonly from food poisoning, which is jokingly call the 24 hour flu! When I traveled internationally, I eat at excellent eateries with wonderful wines and avoid tap water completely.

As stated in past Posts, I carry a briefcase (diaper bag), which was well fitted to support the worst case. Public bathroom clean-ups just plan suck, but having the need suppliers vasty eases things. Since I became U-IC shortly after the arrival of my son, first upgrading his diaper bag and later converting it to support only me, was a great help as he pre-confirmed what was needed and mine simply became an upsized version of his.

I have a small backpack in my car boot with 2 nappies wipes and change of clothes and that’s it
I do take a large hold-all bag in my work truck but that does have a weeks worth in it

Reactions: 247 and Edgewater
Edgewater said:
Never say never!

I learned the hard way to agree with this. Up until then I hadn’t ever had an accident. And I had only pooped in public (on a toilet) twice in my life because I’ve had a massive phobia of using public toilets for that. I would endure unrelenting pain and discomfort for days to avoid it, which my pelvic floor therapist was not happy about.

I managed to live in china for 1.5 years only breaking that rule once (and I snuck into a private employee only restroom in the Hong Kong Disneyland resort hotel to do it) and never got food poisoning. And I definitely pushed my luck in China with what I ate and where I ate. I even ate pig brains that was served raw at a hot pot place. Had no idea how long to boil it. But I tried it anyway after an arbitrary boiling time.

I assumed I could hold it in any situation. I assumed my stomach could resist any food poisoning. I assumed I only needed two travel packs of northshore wipes because I just needed one wipe for each change. But you know what they say about assumptions…

• Love
Having a supply of wipes and bags to put your garment in for disposal are a big help

Oh boy, this happens at the worst possible times! I do keep plenty of wipes, about a 6ft long pull of paper towels, as well as extra plastic pants and diapers in my backpack that goes with me everywhere! Luckily it doesn't happen too often away from home, but it did just about 2 weeks ago when we had a lengthy layover in Minneapolis! We were eating lunch in the Delta Lounge and I was trying to avoid eating, but the layover kept extending due to weather. Anyway, I did end up having a sudden BM. Luckily they had big roomy all-gender bathrooms for single use. But otherwise it's looking for a Starbucks bathroom, or home if I have to! No matter how prepared you are, you realize how unprepared mentally for the need to find somewhere to clean up and change into a fresh diaper!

Today when we took my daughter to her pediatrician appointment we walked back a very long walk and I had a bm and I did not know untill we came home o took a shower and then minutes I was wet

Reactions: Diprs2 and Edgewater
I am having more accents then when I was trying to potty train

Reactions: Diprs2 and jdinvirginia
Back