Tricks of the Mind.

Happy2BeInNappies2

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Incontinent
Our brains all perceive the world around us in unique ways, filtered by our language, culture, how we grew up, other life experiences and our interests, etc… all of which affect us.
Therefore sometimes my mind plays tricks on me, in the way it sees things, (especially if I am not paying full attention to what is going on).

EXAMPLE:
The other day I was out driving (and focused mainly on the traffic), when out of the corner of my eye I read the first line of a new road side billboard, for a retirement estate. I had to quickly look twice. Why?

Because that top line was: ‘Beats Weeding’
My first reading saw: ‘Breast Feeding’

(OK, confessions of an ABDL here).

QUESTION:
Has anyone ever found that their mind has played similar ticks on them? Please share.

(Love our community here – thanks if you have read this far).

• Haha
Reactions: Davvyboy, Woncrinklz and sissygirlpink
This has totally happened to me!! I’ve definitely misread things and thought they said something about diapees or something related to ABDL.
Off the top of my head I can’t think of an exact example but it happens all the time!

• Wow
Reactions: Woncrinklz and Happy2BeInNappies2
Going past this sign, I misread Napperby as nappy.

sign.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: wowser81, Woncrinklz, sissygirlpink and 2 others
Could almost (intentionally) be miss read to say: 'Napped by He is baby'
Thanks for that KCA.

Last edited:
Reactions: Woncrinklz and sissygirlpink
Yah that happens to me often, also I have mild dyslexia which does not help matters 🤣

Reactions: Woncrinklz
fleckothefennec said:
Yah that happens to me often, also I have mild dyslexia which does not help matters 🤣
Yes I also suffer a bit of dyslexia now and then. I sign of intelligence, yes? (At least that is how I see it).

Last edited:
Reactions: fleckothefennec and Woncrinklz
I'm constantly seeing things and reading things that I have to look again at. There was a thread about shaving pubic hair here somewhere days ago. I thought it asked what I felt about PUBLIC HAIR (!) 😂🤣 As some have noticed. I'm honest enough to mention it because I find the human condition hilarious! Nonetheless, PUBLIC hair is rather gross when dining out when someone's hair is in one's menu item ordered. But as I noticed the more I read, the more I see stuff that isn't there...OR IS IT??? (dramatic music playing):ROFLMAO::oops:Life is funny!!!

Reactions: Happy2BeInNappies2
Happy2BeInNappies2 said:
Yes I also suffer a bit of dyslexia now and then. I sign of intelligence, yes? (At least that is how I see it).
I think so too, I consider myself relatively intelligent, I read classical literature for fun and have a pretty amazing memory 😄

Reactions: Woncrinklz and Happy2BeInNappies2
It happened to me when the new Goodnight sizes came out. I was at Walmart looking at them out of curiosity. A young couple was also looking at diapers and they asked me which brand I preferred. Without thinking, I said oh, they don’t fit me. They laughed thinking I was being funny and that’s when I realized they were very new parents and wanted my opinion on best diaper brand. Lol.

I know it’s not reading but yeah, my mind heard something totally different.

Reactions: Puppers89 and Happy2BeInNappies2
fleckothefennec said:
I think so too, I consider myself relatively intelligent, I read classical literature for fun and have a pretty amazing memory 😄
Yes, I sometimes recall that I have a good memory, except for those rare forgotten moments, (as far as I remember, that is).

By the way. Presently I am reading about English History from an old paper back covering the periods from just after the end of the last Ice Age, to the beginning of World War Two, (but not further as it was published in 1942). It has lots of old words where I need to look up their meanings to get a better understand - good learning fun.

Last edited:
Reactions: fleckothefennec
BabyHailey1977 said:
It happened to me when the new Goodnight sizes came out. I was at Walmart looking at them out of curiosity. A young couple was also looking at diapers and they asked me which brand I preferred. Without thinking, I said oh, they don’t fit me. They laughed thinking I was being funny and that’s when I realized they were very new parents and wanted my opinion on best diaper brand. Lol.

I know it’s not reading but yeah, my mind heard something totally different.
No BabyHailey1977 you really are not off topic at all, mistaken hearing is also a Tick of the Mind.

I should have broadened the subject scope to include ALL "ticks of the mind" as in: sight: sound and 'slips of the tongue' (but I was not sure about smells?).
So, I really did not mean to keep it to miss readings only - "Sorry about that chief !!' - I should have expressed things better. (New to starting Threads).

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Reactions: BabyHailey1977
I slip up all the time and say diaper which the conversation had nothing to do with diapers.

At work no one knows I wear diapers and a couple times I’ve accidentally said I need to go change my diaper then walk off. So embarrassing

BabyHailey1977 said:
At work no one knows I wear diapers and a couple times I’ve accidentally said I need to go change my diaper then walk off. So embarrassing
I have on rare occasions heard similar expressions from some of the older men at work.
Something along the lines of: 'I better off (to the toilet) and change my nappy !"

This statement is not taken literally, as it is evident (as far as one can tell), that they are NOT wearing (or at the very least - not using) a nappy.
(No smell, too quick in and out, use of non disabled toilet, no nappy bag, etc..). By the way, they did not know that I WAS wearing one.

What they really meant by such comments (in trying to be funny) is that: - If I do not go immediately, I will need a nappy !!!
As in 'Sorry everyone - but I must stop work for a minute RIGHT NOW or else !

I hope this possibility gives you some comfort BabyHailey1977.

Last edited:
Reactions: BabyHailey1977
ItsyBitsyBabySara said:
I slip up all the time and say diaper which the conversation had nothing to do with diapers.
Yes that can happen quite easily at times, like when people mention about that story when a whole village lost its youngest generation.
You know the one?
That infamous fairy tale of when the magical musical underwear drew away all the kids.
What was it called again?
O Yes that it !!
The Piped Diaper who took away all the children.

Reactions: ItsyBitsyBabySara
Happy2BeInNappies2 said:
I have on rare occasions heard similar expressions from some of the older men at work.
Something along the lines of: 'I better off (to the toilet) and change my nappy !"

This statement is not taken literally, as it is evident (as far as one can tell), that they are NOT wearing (or at the very least - not using) a nappy.
(No smell, too quick in and out, use of non disabled toilet, no nappy bag, etc..). By the way, they did not know that I WAS wearing one.

What they really meant by such comments (in trying to be funny) is that: - If I do not go immediately, I will need a nappy !!!
As in 'Sorry everyone - but I must stop work for a minute RIGHT NOW or else !

I hope this possibility gives you some comfort BabyHailey1977.
That’s probably exactly what they are thinking. But honestly, I’m not too sure if I care.

• Thinking
Wondercrinkee said:
I'm constantly seeing things and reading things that I have to look again at. There was a thread about shaving pubic hair here somewhere days ago. I thought it asked what I felt about PUBLIC HAIR (!) 😂🤣 As some have noticed. I'm honest enough to mention it because I find the human condition hilarious! Nonetheless, PUBLIC hair is rather gross when dining out when someone's hair is in one's menu item ordered. But as I noticed the more I read, the more I see stuff that isn't there...OR IS IT??? (dramatic music playing):ROFLMAO::oops:Life is funny!!!
I must add this to my comment so it may mesh now with this thread. (I'm in a laughing mood!)

Back