Traveling via Plane and Airport Security

PeekABU2

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
For all the people worried about going through airport security, I have a funny anecdote and a lesson learned on what NOT to do.

I'm in consulting a fly a lot for work. Usually I just take a carry-on with clothes and toiletries, containing enough Goodnites to last the trip. I recently purchased a new carry on bag. Around the same time, I also purchased a couple bluetooth prostate massagers/butt plugs, which I have been also tossing in my carry-on.

For some reason, my new carry-on kept getting flagged by security. Obviously, this is fairly annoying as having your bagged searched with a stack of 'diapers' is less than ideal. However, every time the TSA agent would simply look at his/her monitor and let me go, without opening the bag. I thought this was weird, and simply chalked it up to something with my new bag showing up funny. Finally, after the dozenth or so time, I asked the TSA agent what was flagging my bag. He asked if I had any electronics in the bag. I replied with 'nothing unusual'. He then quietly said, "no, any PERSONAL electronic items"? Then it clicked.

It seems most TSA agents can tell what a personal play toy looks like on the monitor, and choose to let me go rather than opening the bag. So, thanks to them for that. Sorta embarrassing, but nothing but professionalism from the TSA. Also I should note, my 'personal electronic devices' only seem to get flagged by the newer automated scanners. The brand of these scanners? Analogic.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: LittleTyke and TigerDL
Woops thankfully the agent saved you added embarrassment 😬
The scanners are getting better
some are basically using the same tech as an MRI scanner now

PeekABU2 said:
For all the people worried about going through airport security, I have a funny anecdote and a lesson learned on what NOT to do.

I'm in consulting a fly a lot for work. Usually I just take a carry-on with clothes and toiletries, containing enough Goodnites to last the trip. I recently purchased a new carry on bag. Around the same time, I also purchased a couple bluetooth prostate massagers/butt plugs, which I have been also tossing in my carry-on.

For some reason, my new carry-on kept getting flagged by security. Obviously, this is fairly annoying as having your bagged searched with a stack of 'diapers' is less than ideal. However, every time the TSA agent would simply look at his/her monitor and let me go, without opening the bag. I thought this was weird, and simply chalked it up to something with my new bag showing up funny. Finally, after the dozenth or so time, I asked the TSA agent what was flagging my bag. He asked if I had any electronics in the bag. I replied with 'nothing unusual'. He then quietly said, "no, any PERSONAL electronic items"? Then it clicked.

It seems most TSA agents can tell what a personal play toy looks like on the monitor, and choose to let me go rather than opening the bag. So, thanks to them for that. Sorta embarrassing, but nothing but professionalism from the TSA. Also I should note, my 'personal electronic devices' only seem to get flagged by the newer automated scanners. The brand of these scanners? Analogic.
"Analogic" 🤣

PeekABU2 said:
Also I should note, my 'personal electronic devices' only seem to get flagged by the newer automated scanners. The brand of these scanners? Analogic.
Whoever came up with that name, knew the capabilities of the machine😂

I got stopped by TSA cause my diaper was wet. We were in line for ever so I just went. The used a back hand pat down. Lol I said I'm sorry I have a diaper on.

Back