Toys!

Halibut

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Little
I was browsing amazon looking for gifts for others, but I was inevitably distracted by the kids section.

I really want to buy the mudkip because its cute and makes noises! I already have plenty of stuffed animals so it would fit right in.

I'd like the Dinotruck too but I think It might be too kiddy to leave out in the open even though it looks super cool. Seeing it makes me want to find other littles to play with.
81FOqDy82AL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
https://www.amazon.com/TEMI-Dinosau...2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9waG9uZV9zZWFyY2hfYXRm&psc=1

What toys do you have, do you like playing with them?

Last edited:
Reactions: BBBen, BAP21, RaawrrrPincess and 1 other person
Hotwheels are pretty neat, I also just like general video games, do you like Pokémon if you do what's your favorite?

Halibut said:
I was browsing amazon looking for gifts for others, but I was inevitably distracted by the kids section.

I really want to buy the mudkip because its cute and makes noises! I already have plenty of stuffed animals so it would fit right in.

I'd like the Dinotruck too but I think It might be too kiddy to leave out in the open even though it looks super cool. Seeing it makes me want to find other littles to play with.

I will admit the dino truck looks cool.

Reactions: BBBen and sonadam9
Delvian said:
Hotwheels are pretty neat, I also just like general video games, do you like Pokémon if you do what's your favorite?

I loved playing with hotwheeles when I was younger. my favorite one was this black car with blue windows because it reminded me of men in black. truthfuly I stole it from my preschool [I justified it because I didn't think anyone would miss it] I told one of my friends and it turns out it was his favorite car too and someone stole it from him when he was in preschool😂 It wasn't me though since he was in a different part of the state. hopefuly I didn't steal yours too.

My favorite pokemon would probably be Blaziken, he was my very first pokemon and I'm obsessed with fire. when I play pokemon I need a fire type on my team ASAP and most other games I really want fire powers.
96231331232061_31971_31972_32227x20026018.jpg

Getting a mudkip is a bit ironic considering I always pick torchic.... but come on look at that raincoat, he has 5 in 1 sound! Who's your favorite pokemon?

• Haha
Reactions: Sealander and BBBen
Delvian said:
I also loved playing with hot wheels. I would like to get one of those rugs. That have a town on they that you drive your cars around on.

Reactions: BBBen and Halibut
I always like when this topic comes up.

I have a lot of toys I've collected. I have far too many to list, but they generally belong to a few lines of toys:
  • Thomas train and track toys ... They are all from the Trackmaster / Motorized line, so big, plastic, and interchangeable. I have some older sets and some newer sets. These are definitely some fun toys to put together and play with! Thomas is great because you can just follow the instructions to build the set or do your own thing, it's up to you.
  • Paw Patrol ... I have a bunch of smaller and bigger vehicles / play sets from Paw Patrol, with the pups of course. Including the big lookout tower!
  • Army / Animal Planet / Dinosaur / Pirates toys ... I clump these in the same category because they are actually all made by the same company that manufactures for Toys R Us (and a few from Walmart) called Chap Mei. The army guys sometimes go under the brand "True Heroes", or "Soldier Force". I have big boats, aircraft, soldiers, dinosaurs, etc. Easily enough to take over my whole apartment for a full-on invasion haha
  • Various Marvel, Ben 10, Star Wars, etc. ... I don't have as many of these, they are smaller collections either from my childhood or just individual toys I thought were cool.
I'm not including my stuffies in this list, of which I also have many but I kinda think of as a separate thing from my toys.

I'd love one day to find more littles to share my toys with for some play dates - perhaps one day!

Reactions: Ian16545, BBBen, Halibut and 1 other person
Even as a little little kid like 4 and 5 I was more intro electronics, video games, and computers. I barely remember having any kind of toy toys or action figures or anything let alone playing with them.

I have a 9 going on 10 nephew who very much loves dinosaurs. Of course I encourage and support it and make sure he knows its ok to be a kid. 🤣 🧸 🦕🦖 🥰

Last edited:
Halibut said:

View attachment 125917
https://www.amazon.com/TEMI-Dinosau...2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9waG9uZV9zZWFyY2hfYXRm&psc=1

Oooo neat! I want one of those!!! Do you think it's too late to add to my Christmas list?

I also am acquiring quite a collection of toys. I have a ton of Hot Wheels and lots of monster trucks. Paw Patrol is my favorite so I have a bunch of those but more recently I started my collection of Bluey toys. I now have a bunch of the characters and a few sets including the house, school & pool. I love playing with them.

Reactions: Halibut
RaawrrrPincess said:
Oooo neat! I want one of those!!! Do you think it's too late to add to my Christmas list?

you might be able to find one in stores...
if not, well theres no reason you can't buy something after christmas

Reactions: BBBen and RaawrrrPincess
Consul said:
I'd love one day to find more littles to share my toys with for some play dates - perhaps one day!

me too, I don't think I could play with toys by myself, atleast not with the same level of intesity as I'd like. but being with an other little might help me break that barrier! toy trains sound kidna appealing though, especialy the part where you have to set up the tracks. what are they like?

There are some toys which are ok to own or play with as a adult for example:
1. Soft toys or teddy bears
Loads of people have a soft toy from their childhood that they just can’t throw away for me it was a soft pig I had. There is a discussion about this is the British show my family between a child and his mother:
Mother: That is too old be sucking your thumb.
Child: How old are you?
Mother: Nearly 30.
Child: That’s too old be sleeping with a teddy bear
Mother: You leave Mr Digby out of this. Besides that’s different I’ve had him so long he’s like a part of me.
So as you can see soft toys aren’t a child only thing. However that said having a number of toys is more socially acceptable if you are a female.
2. Top Trumps
For those of you unfamiliar with top trumps it is a game involving cards where you and your opponent(s) each have a number of cards in your hand and try to win the set by listing a attribute of the card in your hand and hoping or knowing you have the highest number. Now some like Cutest Animal aren’t suitable for adults but others like: US Presidents, Supercars. Predators and Fighter Jets are.
3. Action Figures
If you are a boy you can pass these off as a collection thing particularly if they are from a superhero franchise.
4. Dolls
Same as number three for girls
5. Games Workshop
This a table top game a bit like dungeons and dragons with its own history and mythology that would take too long to get into here. Some people actually make this hobby their job by working at their stores or head offices.
6. Computer Games
Loads of adults play computer games and some actually make money out of it!

So as you can see playing or owning toys is not just a childs prerogative.

Halibut said:
me too, I don't think I could play with toys by myself, atleast not with the same level of intesity as I'd like. but being with an other little might help me break that barrier! toy trains sound kidna appealing though, especialy the part where you have to set up the tracks. what are they like?
It is true it is more fun to play with others, but you can have fun alone too. If you're wanting to try playing alone and are worried you'll have trouble getting into a more "imaginative" headspace, Thomas is good for that. Every set has instructions for you to follow, so if you like you can just follow the instructions and put the pieces together and then watch Thomas (or Percy, James, Gordon, etc.) go!

There are several different lines of Thomas, but all of mine are "Trackmaster" (also called "Motorized" in later years). These are plastic playsets that you just snap together and snap apart when you want to disassemble them. They can take a fair amount of wear and tear, and can be combined together and in different ways. There are all sorts of different sets out there from many releases over the years, as well as many different trains. Thomas can get up to all sorts of adventures with these sets - the newer ones in particular have Thomas doing many things more characteristic of Hot Wheels, like loops, jumps, etc.
The bulk of my Thomas sets are actually used. I find most of my sets in very good condition from local sellers online for cheap prices, buy them, and then give them a gentle clean and they're as good as new. This not only saves a lot of money (and new plastic) but you can also find sets that are no longer made from people wanting to clear out their garage.

My personal favourite sets to play with so far would probably be Sky High Bridge Jump, Action Canyon, and Avalanche Escape:
skyhigh1.jpg
action1.jpg
aval.jpg

If you're interested in knowing more, just send me a PM and I'd be happy to tell you anything you want to know.

• Love
I bought a wooden trains set and table for my 4 year old grandson. I'd like one for myself too....haha.

Reactions: BBBen, Halibut and KBoy
I like educational tactile toys such as these. I want someone to put lots of things in the bag for me to feel and identify, while I'm blindfolded so there is no cheating. 1703401999790.png14299_1.jpg

dogboy said:
I bought a wooden trains set and table for my 4 year old grandson. I'd like one for myself too....haha.
Get one for your house in case he comes to visit!

Reactions: dogboy
howiebabe said:
Get one for your house in case he comes to visit!
Haha...that's a really great idea. I still have my HO train table with tracks though it's stored. It's 8 x 4 ft. so I'd have to make some room.

dogboy said:
Haha...that's a really great idea. I still have my HO train table with tracks though it's stored. It's 8 x 4 ft. so I'd have to make some room.
My coworker just brought a bunch of old Lionel trains to his house that were his grandpa's. His grandpa had this ultimate setup in their garage with a town and mountains and all that. I'm gonna help him set stuff up in a few weeks

Reactions: sonadam9
Back