Toxoplasma - ABDL link?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smoothfulldpr

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover

From the above article:

"Another theory suggests that infection by Toxoplasma gondii transforms the mouse’s fear response to cat odors (facilitated by the amygdala) into a sexual attraction towards the odor of cat urine. According to this theory, the parasite resides in cysts near areas of the rodent’s limbic system. The limbic system is a brain region primarily responsible for controlling pathways involved in both arousal and defense. When healthy mice are exposed to cat urine, the activity in their limbic system is concentrated in the defensive pathway. However, when mice infected with Toxoplasma gondii are exposed to cat urine, limbic system activity is thought to transfer from the defensive pathway to the arousal pathway. These results were supported by experiments that compared the responses of infected male mice to cat urine, healthy male mice to cat urine, and healthy male mice to female mice. The neural activity of infected male mice in response to cat urine was comparable to the response of healthy male mice to females, suggesting that the arousal pathway was activated in both of these groups."

I expect after reading this article, many on this board will wonder if their predilections have been influenced by this parasite, which is present in a very large % of humans also. I colored the most interesting part with red text. I have yet to see this linkage suggested anywhere, but this board seems a good spot to at least put the idea out there.

Of all the time I’ve spent wondering what’s wrong with me to make me into this lifestyle, a brain parasite definitely never came up to me as one of the reasons 😂😂

• Love
Reactions: Lightstreak2553 and Woncrinklz
smoothfulldpr said:

From the above article:

"Another theory suggests that infection by Toxoplasma gondii transforms the mouse’s fear response to cat odors (facilitated by the amygdala) into a sexual attraction towards the odor of cat urine. According to this theory, the parasite resides in cysts near areas of the rodent’s limbic system. The limbic system is a brain region primarily responsible for controlling pathways involved in both arousal and defense. When healthy mice are exposed to cat urine, the activity in their limbic system is concentrated in the defensive pathway. However, when mice infected with Toxoplasma gondii are exposed to cat urine, limbic system activity is thought to transfer from the defensive pathway to the arousal pathway. These results were supported by experiments that compared the responses of infected male mice to cat urine, healthy male mice to cat urine, and healthy male mice to female mice. The neural activity of infected male mice in response to cat urine was comparable to the response of healthy male mice to females, suggesting that the arousal pathway was activated in both of these groups."

I expect after reading this article, many on this board will wonder if their predilections have been influenced by this parasite, which is present in a very large % of humans also. I colored the most interesting part with red text. I have yet to see this linkage suggested anywhere, but this board seems a good spot to at least put the idea out there.
I saw the show on TV. I was FINALLY verified AS A WANDERER, TOO! Jesus! I was chasing my tail for years!
No, but yeah. It's interesting. It makes mice want to be in a "Tom and Jerry" (or is it Gerry(?) ) relationship. Mousey walks around, even gives head, then kitty whacks it around for a while before consuming him....OH! SH&*($#! sorry.
I watched a flick that reflected that mice are brain-screwed by Toxoplas....whatever and are amorously far from instinctually fearful of cats as the cats play their pervert games with them until they finally give it to them wherever they want it. Sorry. I'm "Tiyuuueerred." (?) Maybe...not. (?) But it's interesting what biological entities do when affected by things. Try snail Zombie. MMMM-Good. Escargot, anyone?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back