Time for a change.....in public. Yeah or Nah?

Husky

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Incontinent
I mostly wear at night, however I will wear in the day sometimes, often when going out and especially when traveling. Ya got a pretty wet diaper that you should prob get out of. It might leak, it's really uncomfortable, or whatever. Especially when first really needing to change in public I'd be scared and super-paranoid. People come in and out and the crinkle sound and those loud as heck tapes make it beyond obvious what you're doing. I have gone in many times and kinda waited it out for a empty room or there's one stall and someone is just waiting for you, then I've chicken'd out and just left. Of course, there's the private restroom, but those aren't around a lot. At this point it's not a big deal, well, maybe a little still depending on the circumstance.

Do you wait until you get home or just change when you're out casually? Has anyone helped you change away from home? I've had that happen a couple times with friends. Just curious to learn what this community has done. Any awkward experiences or words of wisdom to share?

Reactions: perlFerret
I just change while I’m out. Being incontinent, there’s a high chance I’ll wet more and my diaper will leak. Making a lot of sound and then walking out with faint diaper lines on my short shorts is much better than walking around in short shorts with very clear diaper lines and big wet spots between the legs and on the bum.

Reactions: barkd74, DiaperDiva, perlFerret and 2 others
Husky said:
I mostly wear at night, however I will wear in the day sometimes, often when going out and especially when traveling. Ya got a pretty wet diaper that you should prob get out of. It might leak, it's really uncomfortable, or whatever. Especially when first really needing to change in public I'd be scared and super-paranoid. People come in and out and the crinkle sound and those loud as heck tapes make it beyond obvious what you're doing. I have gone in many times and kinda waited it out for a empty room or there's one stall and someone is just waiting for you, then I've chicken'd out and just left. Of course, there's the private restroom, but those aren't around a lot. At this point it's not a big deal, well, maybe a little still depending on the circumstance.

Do you wait until you get home or just change when you're out casually? Has anyone helped you change away from home? I've had that happen a couple times with friends. Just curious to learn what this community has done. Any awkward experiences or words of wisdom to share?
Do your best to find a private bathroom and change whilst you're out.

Reactions: thedlguy, ReluctantAdult and Husky
I’m ABDL and change when I’m am out. If it’s a busy restroom I use the hand dryer noise to mask my tapes being undone, if it’s not I just do it anyway.

I take my nappy bag (which is my laptop bag) with me and put my used nappy in there and put it in a bin when I get chance.

Nervous the first few times, not so much anymore.

Reactions: uknappygirl and perlFerret
BiCouple1980 said:
I’m ABDL and change when I’m am out. If it’s a busy restroom I use the hand dryer noise to mask my tapes being undone, if it’s not I just do it anyway.

I take my nappy bag (which is my laptop bag) with me and put my used nappy in there and put it in a bin when I get chance.

Nervous the first few times, not so much anymore.
I've keyed in to waiting for a hand dryer, lol

Reactions: NappyCouple1980
It depends if I can go home soon or not. If not I might as well find the best bathroom around. Wearing pads that I replace often makes it easier. The only condition is having easy access to the toilets.

When wearing Tena Pants it's more complicated. When prepared to have difficult access to the bathroom, or at friends where I don't want to change. In that case I'm more prepared to stay wet à little bit. Only change when mandatory ☹

Reactions: Deleted member 49644
Changing in public gets easier the more you do it, no one has noticed or indicated they noticed my diaper changes. IVE walked into a public bathroom carrying a fresh diaper in full view and no one patted an eye. Even of some one does notice its a non issue now as after 7.5 years and a tone of public changes I no longer think or stress about the what if some one notices.

Reactions: Teddy02, uknappygirl and perlFerret
I've changed in public a few times. It's incredibly nerve wracking for me. Part of me knows that this shouldn't matter to anyone else, but I still get all nervous.
Even though the idea of getting "found out" is sometimes fun (in my head), actually being in a position of getting found out is scary for me. I also don't want to cross that line of forcing my ABDL side onto others who didn't ask.

Reactions: ReluctantAdult, Kellycares, perlFerret and 3 others
I had a non ideal public change about a week ago on a road trip.

I walked into a pretty busy public rest room. There were two stalls, one was already occupied no hand dryer noises and there were multiple people standing around waiting to use a urinal.

I got into the stall and the seams of the stall left a lot to be desired you could see out pretty well.

I got my fresh diaper out and waited for something to be noisy and nothing was happening….. So I decided that I was gonna have to embrace a loud diaper change. Everyone in this bathroom would hear me changing my diaper. And I had no choice my diaper was about to leak, and I wear 24/7.

I pulled down my shorts and started pulling off the tapes And it was so loud RRRRRRRRRIIIIIIPPPP, with every pull. And I knew people around me heard every. Single. tape.

I got my new diaper out and unfolded it. And it sounded like I was deliberately ruffling a chip bag. Got the new diaper against the wall and leaned against it. I taped it up quick and pulled my shorts up.

Now it’s time to walk in front of everyone that heard my diaper coming off with the used diaper in my hand.

I opened the stall with my rolled up used diaper in my hand in plain view. There were a few people inside the bathroom still. I walked by them and trashed my diaper and walked out.

At the end it was exciting and also I felt that no one really cared.

Reactions: PrincessLS, ReluctantAdult, Rob110 and 1 other person
mikescreename said:
I've changed in public a few times. It's incredibly nerve wracking for me. Part of me knows that this shouldn't matter to anyone else, but I still get all nervous.
Even though the idea of getting "found out" is sometimes fun (in my head), actually being in a position of getting found out is scary for me. I also don't want to cross that line of forcing my ABDL side onto others who didn't ask.
As with most circumstances in life, I have discovered that most people are really only in their on world, and are paying zero attention to me lol.

Reactions: warmfeeling, perlFerret, mikescreename and 1 other person
I've been wearing diapers 24/7 forany years now, so that means plenty of public diaper changes. My go-to is a Starbucks, as they are private. But that doesn't always work out. At first I was beyond nervous about changing my diatom a public restroom with other guys around. The sound of ripping tapes off! The rustle and awkward fumblings of a very wet diaper and trying to unfold a fresh diaper and tape it on. And in a very confined space. But time goes on. I've realized thankfully no one cares. Although I've got a few interesting glances walking out if the stall, no one has said anything. Which to me now is sad. I mean, I'm open to talk about it. Why I wear diapers. But anyway, no one notices. Not really.

Reactions: melbdpr1
I rarely change in public.....but I'll say this

Since I carry a firearm, I wear a specific type of gun belt that can support the weight. Mine is made out of thick nylon and it uses a velcro closure.
When I don't carry I never change out my belt, thus when I need to go use the public bathroom, the first thing you hear when I drop my pants is that loud sound of velcro being undone---and boy is it loud.

I've never had anyone look at me strange. I guess most guys wanna use it and get out of there without eye contact. LOL.

Reactions: ParaRomeo, iPeedLV, PullupAndy and 1 other person
i have not done in public much as i get nervous wearing outside my place so if this were to happen i would do my best to either get home or get somewhere private or private-ish first then change. i always try to do my best to allow this side of me to exist but also to not force others to be involved.

Reactions: mikescreename and Husky
it depends if there's a restroom in the area. I have to my own dismay been in situations where that restroom is not even there when needing a change and had to change behind bushes. that being said idealy a restroom is preferable

Reactions: perlFerret and Husky
I work with the mindset that wearing diapers is a part of my life. Hacking to change whoever i am is also a part of my daily life too… it has to be done whenever and wherever needed.

Walk in like you own the place, do what you need to do, walk out and slam that diaper in the can, wash the hands and rock out.

Reactions: Eclectic and PupSpaz
diapernh said:
I work with the mindset that wearing diapers is a part of my life. Hacking to change whoever i am is also a part of my daily life too… it has to be done whenever and wherever needed.

Walk in like you own the place, do what you need to do, walk out and slam that diaper in the can, wash the hands and rock out.
Oooh nice! I love that. That makes me feel more confident already. It's definitely something that becomes less sensitive each day. Thanks for sharing 🤟🏻

I change "in public" regularly when I'm wearing. Not a big issue. Nobody cares at all. There was one time when someone said to me, "a little young to be needing to wear those, aren't you?" I just ignored them.

Reactions: Kellycares
I change in public quite frequently. It's not a big deal. Only maybe been two times where I've had to make the walk to the trash can with a wet diaper. And that is usually upon landing in airports when I can't find the family restroom. It's not like I will see any of those people again.

Reactions: perlFerret and Spidermanbatman
Changing outside the house has become pretty normal for me at this point. I really don't care what the other women think.

Reactions: perlFerret and Kellycares
I still get a little nervous, but at this point I don't care anymore. If I can't find a private companion/family bathroom I'll change in the regular men's room. I think people are too absorbed in their own world to care, and even if people hear noise like tapes ripping, I'm not sure they would realize what it was. I'm not going to rush through changing, I'll do what needs to be done. I also have no qualms about walking with my used diaper in hand and tossing it in the trash (and I tend to wear printed diapers making it more obvious what they are). If you're nervous, many handicap stalls have a trash can already in them -just be mindful of a person in a wheelchair who may need that one stall. There are also diaper disposal sacks you can put your used diaper in before you toss it which can help hide what it is you're tossing.

Reactions: NannaAnnabelle, hanzertas, perlFerret and 1 other person
Back