you prefer thumb or pacifier

• sucking thumb

Votes: 12 10.8%
  • sucking pacifier

Votes: 72 64.9%
  • both

Votes: 27 24.3%

• Total voters
Can't remember I've ever sucked my thumb in my life, but I find it very cute if others do :)

I prefer pacifier for myself!

Last edited:
I have had second thoughts about my initial vote and have changed it to "both". The reason is that I have had longer to think about it.

Every night, whilst tucked up in bed with my teddy-bear, I suck my thumb. But when up and about in my normal clothing or sissy outfits, I will often suck a dummy/pacifier.

As for my thumb sucking, I remember that whilst in the infant's class at Primary school, the female teacher told me off for sucking my thumb. Also, when I was in my late teens/early twenties, my father humiliated me, by telling a mutual friend who was visiting us, that I still sucked my thumb.

Sucking a dummy - when I use to visit 'Auntie', after changing into my sissy clothes, I would immediately start sucking my thumb. However, after being made to sit on the sofa with my dollies, 'Auntie' would return from the kitchen and thrust a dummy in my mouth.

As mentioned in another thread, I was vibed whilst dressed as Dorothy from the "Wizard of Oz ". What I didn't mention was that I sucked a dummy when it happened.

There will be more dummy and thumb sucking to come. I look forward to bedtime later, when I will be in bed dressed in my pink striped pyjamas and nappy-pants,cuddling my teddy-bears and sucking my thumb.

Pacifier for me, I can't even sleep without my dummies nowadays, I even wake up if it falls out of my mouth, luckily I sleep in a cot so it doesn't go far

Reactions: Pacifyingmyautism
I subconsciously suck my thumb if I don't have a pacifier in. I'm orally fixated enough that I NEED something in my mouth, whether it's my thumb, pacifier, the hood string from my hoodie or jacket, a chewing necklace, the long sleeve shirt I'm wearing. I occasionally find my phone in my mouth after I've texted and I don't remember putting it there. My charging port is flaky I'm sure from the fact that my phone spends a nonzero amount of time in my mouth every week. I've tried to wean myself off needing oral stimulation to sleep, concentrate or relax but I'm just so much more anxious or emotional and it's so hard to give up feeling safe.

Pacifer for me when I am in the mood to use one.

BenNevis said:
It's a dummy for me. I had mine til I was around 3 and was really attached to it. When I tried one again all these years later, even though I couldn't remember a memory of having a dummy, muscle memory took over and I felt completely soothed and reminded me exactly of what it felt like to be a little one.
I‘m always envious and jealous of those who never gave up their pacifiers and just been using them around family or the closest of friends around the house all though out childhood to adult.

autonerd1337 said:
I subconsciously suck my thumb if I don't have a pacifier in. I'm orally fixated enough that I NEED something in my mouth, whether it's my thumb, pacifier, the hood string from my hoodie or jacket, a chewing necklace, the long sleeve shirt I'm wearing. I occasionally find my phone in my mouth after I've texted and I don't remember putting it there. My charging port is flaky I'm sure from the fact that my phone spends a nonzero amount of time in my mouth every week. I've tried to wean myself off needing oral stimulation to sleep, concentrate or relax but I'm just so much more anxious or emotional and it's so hard to give up feeling safe.
Need to buy some chewy necklaces again to try brought few years ago at that time I was still masking my autistic traits and not comfortable using soemthing like that in public. But need to do get comfortable using something like that after years of teeth grinding

Dlkt said:
Pacifier for me, I can't even sleep without my dummies nowadays, I even wake up if it falls out of my mouth, luckily I sleep in a cot so it doesn't go far
Need to get into doing that more often I rarely have in sleep but as someone who struggles to get off to sleep it may help.

It puts me to sleep in no time, I really struggle if I'm staying somewhere and don't have it with me, but when at home it goes in after my nighttime bottle, I curl up in my cot with my comforter and start sucking gently on my dummy and I'm off in minutes

Pacifyingmyautism said:
Need to buy some chewy necklaces again to try brought few years ago at that time I was still masking my autistic traits and not comfortable using soemthing like that in public. But need to do get comfortable using something like that after years of teeth grinding
These are my favorite for when I need to get through a grocery shopping list without losing my impulse control and buying so many things that I want but are bad for me.

Back