you prefer thumb or pacifier

• sucking thumb

Votes: 12 10.8%
  • sucking pacifier

Votes: 72 64.9%
  • both

Votes: 27 24.3%

• Total voters
I sucked my thumb in bed until I was around 11. My mom said it would give me buck teeth. I like my pacifier for overnight but find myself sucking my thumb lately if I don't have my pacifier.

Reactions: littledreamers333
I enjoy sucking on a paci. I have never been a thumb sucker. I tried it once, and it does not interest me. I will suck on my paci sometimes at night to fall asleep if I have had a stressful or hard personal day.

I sucked my thumb for a long time during childhood until my dad started putting a weird chemical on my thumb that tasted very bitter. Today I am good with either. I may actually lean towards the pacifier as it makes me feel little and snuggly.

Thumb sucking all the way

Reactions: ryan8710
My mom didn't believe in pacifiers, so I ended up sucking my thumb. I can remember her trying various things to get me to stop, none of which worked. I think peer pressure is what finally did it. I stopped shortly before kindergarten.

But anyway, today I use a pacifier. It feels like righting a wrong. :) Plus I love to use it while working, and I can't work one-handed.

I also remember going to parties as a kid and being given those ring-pops that were basically a plastic ring with a giant candy jewel. They looked like pacifiers, and I'd often use them that way when nobody was looking.

• Love
Reactions: BenNevis and ryan8710
Neither really. I wish I did like them, but I just don't.

I like the idea of sucking my thumb, but I don't actually like doing it very much.

I can tolerate a pacifier for a little while, and I have some of the Rearz size 10s that I use occasionally. I like the way they fill my whole mouth, but I quickly get tired of sucking on nothing. I'd rather suck on my adult baby bottle nipple because I'm actually drinking something and it's not just empty sucking.

ryan8710 said:
I'm a thumb sucker🤭 and I have noticed it helps me get to sleep faster for naps and bedtime but if mommy notices me then she ripes my thumb out and tell me to use my paci or gives me a bottle 😢
Same thing here, if I forget to get my paci I use my thumb until someone notices...but I just got a new paci that I never want to leave behind and goes with me every where.

RaawrrrPincess said:
Same thing here, if I forget to get my paci I use my thumb until someone notices...but I just got a new paci that I never want to leave behind and goes with me every where.
I also got a new paci and saterday there. It's quite enjoyable

Attachments

• 20240114_151348.jpg
    20240114_151348.jpg
    526.1 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: jozik and RaawrrrPincess
ryan8710 said:
I also got a new paci and saterday there. It's quite enjoyable
Oooo the green enigma right? I have a pink one! Here's mine

Attachments

• 20240108_124651.jpg
    20240108_124651.jpg
    470.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Love
Reactions: jozik, CrazySmoker and ryan8710
RaawrrrPincess said:
Oooo the green enigma right? I have a pink one! Here's mine
That's funny 😁 baby ur doll teddy soother I have one as well

Attachments

• IMG_20240112_081951_806.jpg
    IMG_20240112_081951_806.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 7
  • Love
Reactions: CrazySmoker
Funny 🤭
Just a few. I make them...my special ones are on display

Attachments

• 20231129_194510.jpg
    20231129_194510.jpg
    681 KB · Views: 6
  • Love
Reactions: CrazySmoker and ryan8710
I love how small I feel sucking my thumb, but I always end up taking it out, but a paci is still in in the morning, in the last 4 years I have only woke up without it 6 times, and just love sucking in it except laying on my tummy, drool so bad babies pillow gets wet!!

I prefer my thumb, but I stick to pacifiers these days. I actually ended up sucking my thumb until high school when I had to get braces. Since I got them off I've tried switching to pacifiers and teethers since they're more teeth friendly, but I find they're kinda hard to remember since it means having to remember something extra. Though either way it's soothing.

Paci, when I have one.

Never my thumb, it isn't good for you.

I think thumb sucking is super cute. However, I have a tendency to bite down which doesn’t feel great on the ’ole thumb. Thus, it’s pacifiers for me. I especially like my FIXX pacifier with size 10 nipple. It fills my mouth very comfortably.

pantspoopy said:
I sucked my thumb for a long time during childhood until my dad started putting a weird chemical on my thumb that tasted very bitter. Today I am good with either. I may actually lean towards the pacifier as it makes me feel little and snuggly.
That was probably alum. My mom would paint it on my thumbs to get me to stop sucking my thumb. It tastes very bitter.

toddlerPampers said:
I voted for pacifier, but, for some reason, prefer my thumb at the moment I’m filling my diaper, if I do that. These days, however, I find poopy diapers too much work. Instead, I’ve substituted a butt plug, and prostate massage. I’m completely straight, too, for years and years not going there because of how people, myself included, tend to think. Anyway, rocking back and forth on my plug feels similar to smooshing in a poopy diaper, both leading to very intense orgasms. As, somehow, sucking a pacifier really adds pleasure.View attachment 127879View attachment 127880
Question if that is one of the Fixx pacifiers that is stuffed and firm what is it stuffed with as too anxious to try if i dont know what it is stuffed with and how does it feel

It's a dummy for me. I had mine til I was around 3 and was really attached to it. When I tried one again all these years later, even though I couldn't remember a memory of having a dummy, muscle memory took over and I felt completely soothed and reminded me exactly of what it felt like to be a little one.

Pacifier. I can't suck on my thumb because my nails are sharp. When playing games, I prefer both hands on the controller, & I'm just constantly sucking on my paci while playing. I can't sleep without a pacifier either, and I'm always snuggling a stuffie in bed, too.

Reactions: Stefie and Rezzu
My paci always, my whole life it’s been my paci 🥰
but my grandma is a thumb sucker, her thumb knuckle is even slightly twisted cause of it

Reactions: Pacifyingmyautism
Back