diaperfooties

🍼
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Little
Interesting fact about me I sucked my thumb until I was around 12 years old. For me it was a comfort thing when I would get nervous or go to sleep I would suck my thumb.

I finally stopped because I was at an overnight campout and didn't want the other kids catch me sucking my thumb plus my hards were dirty.

Ever since that day I really have not had the desire although I have tried a few times but I just can't get into it maybe that is for the better.

Anyone else suck their thumb or binky up to a late age?

I have sucked my thumb my whole life.

In my early teens, my parents tried to get me to quit by using a bitter tasting nail polish on my thumbs. It didn't work. By sucking on my thumb in a weird manner, I was able to prevent my tongue from touching the bitter nail polish. It was very awkward but at least I was able to suck my thumb. Eventually, my parents gave up.

I tried not to suck my thumb in front of my parents but I suck my thumb a lot while watching TV in the family room so it was hard to prevent my family from noticing.

I gave up thumb sucking for three years while I was in the Army but started thumb sucking again while on leave and after my enlistment was over.

I found that I can pretty easily stop sucking my thumb if I need to (at camp, at friends’ houses and so forth). That is, I don't need to suck my thumb for a good night's rest.

My thumbs have been pretty dirty at times. I am a pretty healthy person (as to illnesses) so I seem to be somewhat immune from dirty thumbs. After changing oil or spreading mulch and washing my hands, my thumbs are still a bit dirty but I go right ahead and suck my thumb.

Bottom line: I am a thumb sucker and a thumb sucker I will stay!

Reactions: diaperfooties
BabyDenise said:
I have sucked my thumb my whole life.

In my early teens, my parents tried to get me to quit by using a bitter tasting nail polish on my thumbs. It didn't work. By sucking on my thumb in a weird manner, I was able to prevent my tongue from touching the bitter nail polish. It was very awkward but at least I was able to suck my thumb. Eventually, my parents gave up.

I tried not to suck my thumb in front of my parents but I suck my thumb a lot while watching TV in the family room so it was hard to prevent my family from noticing.

I gave up thumb sucking for three years while I was in the Army but started thumb sucking again while on leave and after my enlistment was over.

I found that I can pretty easily stop sucking my thumb if I need to (at camp, at friends’ houses and so forth). That is, I don't need to suck my thumb for a good night's rest.

My thumbs have been pretty dirty at times. I am a pretty healthy person (as to illnesses) so I seem to be somewhat immune from dirty thumbs. After changing oil or spreading mulch and washing my hands, my thumbs are still a bit dirty but I go right ahead and suck my thumb.

Bottom line: I am a thumb sucker and a thumb sucker I will stay!
Now that is inspiring I really want to get back to either thumb sucking or sucking on a binky. Any tricks for starting out again? Like after 3 years was there anything you did that helped get you back into the habit?

I have always sucked my thumb for comfort. I don't see myself stopping anytime soon.

I knew someone who used to suck his thumb and he was around 21/22 at the time. He'd do it at home, we could hear when he spoke on Skype calls.

Reactions: diaperfooties
diaperfooties said:
Any tricks for starting out again? Like after 3 years was there anything you did that helped get you back into the habit?

Nope. My first night back in my bed with my thumb in my mouth was like I had never stopped.

I've sucked my thumb all my life but I had to get a CPAP machine (nasal pillow type) so I switched to a pacifier since my hand was in the way. It took a little time but, now, I can't sleep unless it's in my mouth, along with the CPAP. It's in there all night and I've learned to really appreciate it, even though my uppers have moved forward almost 2 mm in a year. I'm used to having bucky teeth, so I don't care much about that aspect.
Point is: once you're used to it, it feels quite natural.

I sucked my thumb till 12 or so too. Had a security blanket as well(sort of, by the time I was 12 it was a square of cloth about 10 inch by 10 inch). I stopped in a similar manner, went to camp, did not want others to see me doing it. After that, I realized I didn’t need it.

I still do it sometimes when I want to feel little, but I can never do it for very long. Pacifiers seem better suited to the purpose, which surprises me, because of my long thumb sucking history. I still have my security blanket thingy too (my mom saved it and gave it to me a few years ago). Unfortunately, it does nothing for me, the smell and feel jusf isn’t the same. Just an old frail piece of fabric now that smells like it has been in a storage box.

Oh and my teeth are in great shape and I never needed braces, despite the thumb sucking.

My parents tell me frequently how much I hated it for a while when they took away my pacifier, thinking I was too old for it. They did the same with daytime diapers, at age 2. I am a firm believer that them taking those items away before I was ready is a big driver in my love for them. I'm that type of personality...tell me not to do something and I will do/have exactly that.

I don't ever remember sucking my thumb as a little kid but I tried as a teenager.
It felt okay but I could never sleep without both arms wrapped around a blanket or stuffed animal. I might have preferred a pacifier

I did until about age ten or so. Actually, it was my left forefinger. It is still kind of pulled away from the others from doing this.

I stopped around age 25 when I started living with my then girlfriend. Now if I try, the magic is gone.

at 64 if I am very tired and with people I know I wlil still suck my thumb, i also do it whilst asleep, the only time I use a pacifier/dummy/binky is when I am in little mode and mummy puts one in my mouth.

I have started with it again this year (age 37) It's so comfortable. So relaxed. This is what I was missing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Janvier and diaperfooties
It's strange. When I'm on my pacifier a lot, I never suck my thumb, but when I don't have my paci, I do.

Reactions: diaperfooties and Janvier
I sucked my thumb on and off til I was 14. Never sucked Pacis as a real baby, Mom claims I hated them. Which is ironic as now I love them and was the 1st thing I started doing as AB. I even have a collection growing, and buy them anytime I see a unique one I don't have.

Back