Thrifting for diapers

BigCyka99

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Does anyone else enjoy going to thrift stores for diapers? For me it’s really fun to gamble going to multiple thrift stores seeing if any have any good diapers.

Reactions: pamperme2, Angelapinks, Ickledan89 and 10 others
Never had any luck. Seem to always bee the cheap pharmacy brands lol

Reactions: theancientmariner, TigerDL, Seasonedcitizen and 3 others
Yes, I enjoy the thrill of the hunt. However rarely find decent quality diapers. I have found other clothing that could be used by "little" me, however. Lots of footed sleepers, overalls and so forth.

Reactions: TigerDL, lillen, Seasonedcitizen and 3 others
I used to, But with FB market place and other sell sites people donate a lot less.
Back in the day you could find some decent stuff. Like full seals packs
now it's usually half a torn pack of depends pullups which smell

• Haha
Reactions: Angelapinks, lillen, Seasonedcitizen and 3 others
I do a lot of thrift shopping mostly for books but have found occasionally things I can use mostly cheap pull-ups to use under a diaper to help hold them up and any mild leaks, and to add bulk.

Reactions: lillen, Seasonedcitizen, PadPhilosopher and 1 other person
I would find that thrilling too. Browsing around thrift stores or shops in hopes of finding something rare. It too have found mostly crappy Depends, generic pull ups and cloth like Attends. I suppose you have to really get out there and look around frequently and early. Theres many Ebay flippers out there scouring thrift stores and yard sales. Those are the ones who sell like one or two diapers samples for like 40 dollars each diaper! Hundreds for each vintage box! Ive heard many of them knowing many ABDLs out there seek out vintage diaper and many will pay any price. I wont! Ill make sure I look around and find somerthing good. Im not paying 500 dollars for a bag of vintage diapers.

Reactions: TigerDL, southeastlittle, PadPhilosopher and 1 other person
With my financial situation, and the past family situation, the only time I could acquire diapers was if i found them in a thrift store, or the extremely rare case of packs being clearanced in a walmart/walgreens/cvs store...

• Sad
Reactions: PadPhilosopher and TeeMousy
Only have had one score in the past 15 years. Dude was selling the legendary 3 tape attends on craigslist. I paid $20 for 2 unopened packs.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: SofiaInPampers, lillen, Subtlerustle and 1 other person
I thrift for diapers all the time. I have had great luck in the past. Recently not so lucky

Reactions: artemisenterri and PadPhilosopher
It’s a crapshoot sometimes. I go thrifting and to flea markets every so often. There are times I find decent stuff, like vintage baby diapers or half-decent adult diapers, and other times I strike out. Just depends on your luck that day.

Last edited:
Reactions: artemisenterri
Hit or miss for me, mostly miss. Every time I find any they’re generic cheap or either xxxl size. But still fun to hunt and look. Never know when something may be there

Reactions: TigerDL and artemisenterri
PaddedRebel said:
It’s a crapshoot sometimes. I go thrifting and to flea markets every so often. There are times I find decent stuff, like vintage baby diapers or half-decent adult diapers, and other times I strike out. Just depends on your luck that day.
I haven't lived near a flea market i could easily visit in several years... I had seen some good possibilities in the past, but was never alone on those trips so couldn't purchase anything...

Best I ever found was a pack of the old purple motivates about 5 or 6 years back. Otherwise, it has been the cheap stuff. However, I do have a fear of going into a thrift store with my family and seeing that they have ABU, Tykables, Northshore or something along those lines and not being able to buy them because my wife and/or kids are with me. That would be so hard to have to pass up.

• Haha
Reactions: artemisenterri, SofiaInPampers, Subtlerustle and 1 other person
Ive gotten a few bags of tena super and m4 premiums in a size large even though im a size medium. i also got a pack of better dry in xl. i mostly just find prevails unfortunately

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen and SofiaInPampers
PaddedinHaslet said:
Best I ever found was a pack of the old purple motivates about 5 or 6 years back. Otherwise, it has been the cheap stuff. However, I do have a fear of going into a thrift store with my family and seeing that they have ABU, Tykables, Northshore or something along those lines and not being able to buy them because my wife and/or kids are with me. That would be so hard to have to pass up.
Wonder what the odds are that you'd see ABDL brands in a thrift store though. Maybe when someone nearby is purging? I can admit that I've donated ABDL diapers to a diaper bank once during a purge...lol. It felt really funny and I think I accidentally left a shipping label on one of the packages so they had my name and address too :eek:

• Thinking
Reactions: Seasonedcitizen, artemisenterri and TigerDL
Craigslist in my area has tons of the cheap brands like prevail, fit right and others. Some tranquility but all about $.50 One guy is advertising vintage attends from 1992 LOL. He knows what he has cuz he says make an offer

• Thinking
Reactions: southeastlittle
I have told this story before, but I will tell it again since it is relevant. One time a few years ago I went to my local Salvation Army thrift store, and I came across a bag of Abena M4 size small diapers for $4.99! My eyes lit up with excitement, but since I regularly stopped in, I got too nervous that someone would say something, and I stupidly left them behind. If I ever come across anything good, I will not make the same mistake again!

• Sad
Reactions: Seasonedcitizen and SofiaInPampers
Goodnitesdude0127 said:
I have told this story before, but I will tell it again since it is relevant. One time a few years ago I went to my local Salvation Army thrift store, and I came across a bag of Abena M4 size small diapers for $4.99! My eyes lit up with excitement, but since I regularly stopped in, I got too nervous that someone would say something, and I stupidly left them behind. If I ever come across anything good, I will not make the same mistake again!
Having bought medical diapers before for an ailing in-law that never embarrasses me too much. It would be different if you were buying a huge pack of LFB blushing baby diapers or something but my opinion buying medical really
is nothing to worry about. I do have the advantage of living in a large anonymous population though.

Reactions: Goodnitesdude0127
I've never seen diapers at a thrift store. Then again, I don't visit them very often.

I stop by two thrift stores regularly. I’m always on the look. To date, I’ve never been successful in finding diapers.😩

Back