Thoughts on Northshore Megamx?

Rotommowtom

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I dunno, just though I’d start a discussion about megamax.

I love Northshore Megamax, they feel comfy, they build is higher up on the waist (which I do prefer at times) they hold alot (like all day) and they also swell quite a bit.

But I’d like to hear your thoughts on it

Attachments

• 533B3981-ECEE-44C9-8ACA-6627DE6ADC5F.jpeg
    533B3981-ECEE-44C9-8ACA-6627DE6ADC5F.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 67
Reactions: MetalDan86, Tigondegra and Jorelaxed
They are great, but i'm not really a fan of plain white diapers. i have used Northshore Megamax b4, but only the pink and rainbow versions. 😊:giggle: (y)

Reactions: iluvdps2, Jorelaxed and Rotommowtom
ILuvDiapers said:
They are great, but i'm not really a fan of plain white diapers. i have used Northshore Megamax b4, but only the pink and rainbow versions. 😊:giggle: (y)
I agree, wish there was one with more cuter prints

• Love
Reactions: Jorelaxed and ILuvDiapers
They are a good diaper with thick plastic, Love it!😃

Reactions: ILuvDiapers
I wish some made and sold the sdk or pampers vintage baby dry pattern as a sticker / landing strip, I would apply them to megamaxes and have a great looking diaper.

• Love
Reactions: Abdlchriscrinkle, Rotommowtom, Jorelaxed and 1 other person
Been using Magamax for a some time now and had very very few issues with them .
I'm very fortunate that I can get next day delivery !!
Plus I do really like the different color choices you can get !!!

Reactions: Freddie07601, robdl15, diaperdude and 2 others
Absolutely love megamaxes.
One of my favorite diapers for sure!

Reactions: Kellycares, Freddie07601, QTnPLASTIC and 1 other person
Ive been using them 24/7 for about a week and a half now and I haven't had any leaks like I did with the cheapo tranquility ones. I still use a booster on the inside and one on the outside between the diaper and a plastic leak guard since I only use one NS Megamax a day. I change before bed and I haven't had any leaks over night and if I changed twice a day I probably wouldnt need the boosters at all and Ive only had a leak into the leak guard twice after very full days but never anything external which is very nice! As others have mentioned, they definitely expand quite a bit. I like that they get pretty thick after only the first wet. If you use a leak guard or wear much clothing over them I definitely recommend wearing larger sizes and stretchier materials to give them room to expand.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rotommowtom and ILuvDiapers
I was looking for a nice and heavy B-N_D (beer night diaper) so recently ordered a pack of the MM based on all the positive posts about them. Well the other night I was out with some friends drinking a few beers. Put one on when I got home and woke up at some point during the night and the bed was soaked from all the leaking. I was sadly disappointed. Guess I'm going to have to add a booster to try next time. Any suggestions on which ones to try??

MegaMax diapers are my favorite for several reasons: for me, best overall quality, tapes don't fail, no clumping when wet, sizing is consistent, great customer service. As for using them, I'm in diapers 24 7, have been for many years. They had up great, and usually I only need 3 diaper changes per day. This includes overnight. I do always use a northshore booster pad as well, so that definitely helps. I'm not into diapers that are 7000ml, that's not a best usage scenario for my active life, and being in office and active. Are they more expensive? In pure dollars, yes. In changes and comfort, no. Everything has a value. Time is money also applies to quality is money. Comfort is money. Peace of mind is money. For me, my money is on MegaMax. Plus, I guess from being raised in plain white diapers as a baby, I'm hooked on the look!

Reactions: Freddie07601 and IcyBlue
Megamax are my gotos. I can generally soaked them two or three times before needing a change. I've never had one leak before. As much as I love my printed diapers, I love plains too.

Reactions: Rotommowtom
sotexasDL said:
I was looking for a nice and heavy B-N_D (beer night diaper) so recently ordered a pack of the MM based on all the positive posts about them. Well the other night I was out with some friends drinking a few beers. Put one on when I got home and woke up at some point during the night and the bed was soaked from all the leaking. I was sadly disappointed. Guess I'm going to have to add a booster to try next time. Any suggestions on which ones to try??
When you put it on you need to make sure the leg gathers and leak guards are pulled out.

If the leak guards end up folded down everything just leaks right over them especially at the crotch. Same with back around the bum. The standing leak guard fabric that runs up and down the sides of the diaper should be hugging your backside and should be leaning towards the outside at the crotch.

and then the leg gathers help further prevent minor leaks from flooding the diaper and a little getting out, but if they're all bunched up deep in your inner thigh gap they dont do any good. You have to run a finger down and around to make sure they're all pulled out and sitting comfortably.

The leg holes should be secure but not squeezing super right. If the legs are very tight and theres no room to loosen them a bit you may need to get the next size up.

When properly diapered, these things can hold massive amounts - the booster helps both for flooding (which alcohol definitely causes a lot of) and with having enough capacity for longer wear but should not be necessary if you're properly diapered.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rotommowtom, MaxxH, Kellycares and 3 others
They are a great diaper, but I’m not a fan of the landing zone. It makes it stiffer and more crinkly and not good for discretion. I get the purpose of the landing zone and it makes total sense, but I prefer diapers without the landing zone.

They are one of my go to diapers. I love the fit, the capacity, and the tape system. They are a tad expensive but not really for what u get in my opinion.

Reactions: Freddie07601
The megamax diapers have been the most discreet heavy absorbency diaper’s I’ve ever worn. They fit perfectly, the plastic is soft but not especially crinkly, the leak guards are tall and the main thing is their durability is unrivalled compared to any others I’ve used.
The way I’m padded up usually is with PUL plastic pants, a cotton cover over that and then a snap crotch onesie which isn’t too tight but stops the sagging mostly.
One of my favourites 😻

They are my favorite also, but since the prices have been going up, I mainly use the ABU diapers

I like to try a large variety of diapers, and MegaMax is the the one I always come back to for overnight use.

Reactions: chamberpot
I simply love the Mega-Max diaper and have been wearing them going on 5 years now, yes they are pricey but they are a high end product. I only use one a day for bedtime and will stay in it until it is fully used if I am not going anywhere early.. I typically put one on around 9 pm for bed and often will not change until after lunch sometimes as long as 16 hours. when active during the day I wear a pull up.

PaddedInHaslet said:
They are a great diaper, but I’m not a fan of the landing zone. It makes it stiffer and more crinkly and not good for discretion. I get the purpose of the landing zone and it makes total sense, but I prefer diapers without the landing zone.
I agree with the landing zone. I prefer second chance tapes. I do understand that it helps stop the nappy from stretching though, keeps it tight

As for the actual Megamax i have them as my favourite for under clothes use. I kno they are expensive but the main hurdle i have is getting hold of them in UK, inco shop or NRU obly seem to restock occasionally and are always out of stock along with loads of other lines....Grrrr!

Reactions: Rotommowtom
Back