This stuff is NEVER Ok!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Calico said:
I don't think he is defending him, he is just using principles about right and wrong.

Think when the time when we were children, the adults would tell us two wrongs don't make a right. You get in trouble along with that other kid who was annoying you so you laid your hand on them.
Calico gets it. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Reactions: blaincorrous
buridan said:
Have you read anything I've written in this thread?

I am not defending the TikTok guy. I am not trolling. I am trying to explain a very basic piece of ethics, which you all should have learned in elementary school: violent vigilantism in response to nonviolent behavior is completely unacceptable. It doesn't matter whether the nonviolent behavior was wrong. As soon as someone throws a punch, or worse, that person becomes the villain. As soon as people in a discussion start advocating lawless violence (or saying they don't "condone" violence but they "understand"), the original topic of discussion no longer matters. The priority becomes drawing a hard line against violent crime.

You say you don't condone violence, and I want to take you at your word. But I don't understand what the point of starting this thread was, if it wasn't to encourage violence. "Raising awareness" is counterproductive to your stated goal. Maybe you were trolling yourself.

Just it works in some ideal world. Reality is so far from that and I think is this point, which you still can't understand.

Reactions: Saltedcaramel64
buridan said:
Calico gets it. Two wrongs don't make a right.
It helps to get curious about nonviolent behavior, and save the use of force for defense of self, including third party self defense, and, in my opinion, the defense of justly acquired property. The initiation of force is immoral.

No, us being curious about the wrongdoers' behavior, doesn't make the behavior okay. Understanding it is necessary to stop it, and the person in the right loosing their cool, does nothing good.

Last edited:
Reactions: buridan
buridan said:
@Calico Some forms of physical force are justified as responses to battery, that is, touching someone in an offensive manner. We agree about this.

Violence is not justified as a response to someone's outfit, even if that outfit is offensive or creepy.
You claim that I’m contradicting myself yet you just contradicted yourself there when what I said is similar to your stance on self defense.
Last time I will say that I do not condone violence of any sort and was not making any call to violence otherwise you’re just a troll at this point and not worth wasting keystrokes on

Reactions: CrazySmoker
I'm happy to end the conversation at this point.

I would urge everyone still reading to think twice about starting threads about bad actors. What are you trying to accomplish? If you do start or contribute to such threads, do not advocate violence. This may not have been the OP's intent, but some other people in the thread have advocated violent crime. That's not okay.

blaincorrous said:
It still doesn’t excuse violence in confronting him.
Force and violence do not necessarily mean the same thing, a bouncer may eject someone from the premises without beating him up but they still use force or at least the THREAT of force to achieve compliance. the bigger you are compared to them the less you have to do but the closer you are to being physically equal the more of a 'show of strength' is required to demonstrate how serious you are, I have never actually come to blows with anyone as an adult, but I sure as hell have had to assert myself using the threat of force, I'm just glad I'm 6'2", because I'm sure if I was shorter one or two might not have backed down

buridan said:
I'm happy to end the conversation at this point.

I would urge everyone still reading to think twice about starting threads about bad actors. What are you trying to accomplish? If you do start or contribute to such threads, do not advocate violence. This may not have been the OP's intent, but some other people in the thread have advocated violent crime. That's not okay.
Well this guy was doxxed and I was shown his identity but I'm not going to share it because I don't know what users from here could do to him. Users online can be very vile and I have seen what people are capable of online. Even JK Rowling has gotten real life harassment she had to build a wall around her property. People can't behave themselves. Even family members of the person have gotten harassed who got doxxed. I just dopn't want to be part of it and be held responsible for other peoples actions.

Last edited:
Calico said:
Well this guy was doxxed and I was shown his identity but I'm not going to share it because I don't know what users from here could do to him. Users online can be very vile and I have seen what people are capable of online. Even JK Rowling has gotten real life harassment she had to build a wall around her property. People can't behave themselves. Even family members of the person have gotten harassed who got doxxed. I just dopn't want to be part of it and be held responsible for other peoples actions.
Can we have a mod come to this thread please?

MetalHeadTiffany said:
Can we have a mod come to this thread please?
you can report your own thread to the mod or go to the mod section and tell them to come here and look at this thread. Go to the Site related section and go to Requests or administrative section.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back