Third day of quitting energy drinks

Maromi

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaperfur
Its my third day of stopping energy drinks and switching to cold brew coffee. I thought yesterday was bad but I definitely have cravings for them still or whatever is in them.

I'm drinking dunkin donuts coffee and there's about 180mg of caffeine in each, I am drinking like 2-3 a day right now.

I quit energy drinks 2 weeks before when I was drinking venom and felt better and slept better, but I was drinking monster low carb and sugar free redbull most recently, and thats made this time worse... But right now I'm about to eat a spicy italian flatbread from subway and sipping a bit of vitamin water.

Yesterday I spent 5 hours trying to unclog my freezer drain.

Glad I have today off from work though. I've been drinking energy drinks since 2015 daily, but at work in our Teams chat there's someone that post coffee gifs every morining at 6:30 which is teasing me.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Deleted member 57387, ShippoFox and GypsyNappy
Honestly, you are doing your body a favour by quitting energy drinks, energy drinks have something in it that will destroyed your kidneys in the long run, i try avoid drinking energy drinks but sometimes, i just need its strength to give me abit of kick starts or help me to get down the road, when i do drink them, i mainly drink them occasionally so it doesn't upset my kidney or turn my gut green, i read a article of a shella that drinks three energy drinks a day for 4 years, after 4 years, her bottom gut was turning green and gee, it did not look pretty but, she did quite drinking them after that, there's even a mechanic use a energy to clean his workbench, it was that clean, you would think it was brand new

Reactions: Deleted member 57387
Out of curiosity how many did you drink and how often... I have been drinking a can of monster a day for a few years now and I've noticed in the past if I go without for a few days I do get a headache and feel drained easier.

I have been thinking about trying to cut that right out, as I'm on a bit of a healthy eating trip at the moment. Keep it up and keep us informed how it's going for you.

I've only had a few energy drinks ever. They're sorta expensive. I usually drink two coffees a day.

Yup its been like however long now, two or three weeks. Mostly drinking coffee, but its crazy that these things are absolutely everywhere. Like holy crap you can just pick one up not get carded or anything at like anywhere you go. Atleast im not an alcoholic.

That stuff is no good. When I used to drink that stuff, my heart would occasionally do its own sort of beat boxing remix.

I stopped taking sleeping pills as well recently... I need to be careful with all this stuff like I'm so stupid its asinine but I have concluded if my job cant handle me taking off a day from not sleeping they can screw me or the customers can wait.

Murple said:
I stopped taking sleeping pills as well recently... I need to be careful with all this stuff like I'm so stupid its asinine but I have concluded if my job cant handle me taking off a day from not sleeping they can screw me or the customers can wait.
I feel like a lot of employers would be glad you're doing something that would probably lead to you being a more reliable worker if it means having a day or two off for your own health.

Bearcatz said:
I feel like a lot of employers would be glad you're doing something that would probably lead to you being a more reliable worker if it means having a day or two off for your own health.
Yeah... I get a lot of days off which is nice and all. But like shit I smoke too but how this coffee stuff started is I was like I only need to concentrate on one of these things for a real long while instead of trying to vape all the time, and for some reason the liquid oxidizes in all of them and ends up tasting like blood.

Last edited:
You can think of the future easy quitting energy drinks or just drinking coffee, but quitting cigarettes are like man if I'm not comfortable with the slightest thing I'm gonna be buying a pack. Especially at the 1 or 2 day mark.

Last edited:
Murple said:
Yeah... I get a lot of days off which is nice and all. But like shit I smoke too but how this coffee stuff started is I was like I only need to concentrate on one of these things for a real long while instead of trying to vape all the time, and for some reason the liquid oxidizes in all of them and ends up tasting like blood.
I vape. I'd call it.. Not a great thing to do overall, but smoking is just stupid. You're literally killing yourself.

Sorry if that sounds harsh, but I watched my grandfather in his last few hours of life with small cell lung cancer, and it's an image that I'll never forget. His eyes were wide open but completely crusted over, and he was gasping for air like a fish out of water about to die even though he was on oxygen.

One thing at a time, but it's fair to say I'm a bit biased towards one of them

Bearcatz said:
I vape. I'd call it.. Not a great thing to do overall, but smoking is just stupid. You're literally killing yourself.

Sorry if that sounds harsh, but I watched my grandfather in his last few hours of life with small cell lung cancer, and it's an image that I'll never forget. His eyes were wide open but completely crusted over, and he was gasping for air like a fish out of water about to die even though he was on oxygen.

One thing at a time, but it's fair to say I'm a bit biased towards one of them
I am definitely gonna try again at some point. With a higher nicotine level probably. Shit the quit smoking program is just like use as many patches and whatever you can to stop. My psych is a dumbass though, thinking you can overdose off a patch and like a vape. I've looked it up, I used to use nicotine pouches and you'd need more than you could take to kill you. And I quit with the pouches 2 weeks once, just chilling and pouching in the bath tub... But I tapered down too fast.

One thing interesting with those is if you have a pouch in sleeping you get these really vivid/stimulated dreams that seem sort of like some sort of indian teepee vision.

Last edited:
Murple said:
I am definitely gonna try again at some point. With a higher nicotine level probably. Shit the quit smoking program is just like use as many patches and whatever you can to stop.
And thats what you really hafto do, because if you go cold turkey as well you'll probably relapse if you've been doing that years and years and have a lot of problems. You really gotta take these things slow, and especially cigs you gotta have like this balancey-sort of shit to overcome that addiction but I have personally never been able to tackle my emotions while stopping cigs and nicotine but I can replace things more easily.
Vaping has a lot of gratification to it though for sure.. Its a bit fun. You can vape all day and not feel guilty im sure.

Last edited:
I myself have never had an energy drink. I like more Soda like Coke and mostly Coke Zero. But I still by flavored water to up my water consumption.

I had to switch to diet after becoming diabetic and diabetes severely increases your risk of heart attack

Back