The suddenly grey area of Twice

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeakEndPartyPerson

UKbased incon' products enthusiast / Gen'Fl'
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
I was just reading elsewhere on this site a bunch of us advising a not-so-established contributor thusly - 'do not re-use a nappy'
...I'm sorry but WHAT?!!!!!! Really?!!!!!! Okay don't mess twice in the same nappy but these days adult nappies can handle it!! Are there really participants of all things ABDLI+ out there who - no matter what their nappy can absorb - change after one wetting?!!
The healthiness of 'it' was mentioned, I've never got a rash from a twice-wetted (if that's understandable) AND you wouldn't change after one wetting in say a Rearz Barnyard?!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
I agree, I usually use my nappies more than once 75% of the time and have been mostly fine. As long as you don't stay in them too long you should have no problems. I could be completely wrong but they might have be referring to taking a nappy off and then putting it on later?

Last edited:
I use my nappies 80% to 90% of the time except at work or with faimly might soon put them on during work the m4s there thin enough.

GO3SBOTHWAY5 said:
- 'do not re-use a nappy'
I would think that it was implying taking a nappy from the garbage that was previously used and putting it back on.
For me, I wear premium diapers for a reason, and that for multiple wettings so I don't have to get changed all the time.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheWolfEmperor and chamberpot
Nope. This is dirty and you should stop doing it.

Not only is It an easy way to get a UTI, but the smell when the urea has been allowed to break down in to ammonia will be horrid. It also causes nappy rashes.

I know we try to be as supportive as possible here, but sometimes that means a swift boot up the arse when you’re doing something you really shouldn’t be.

Ok, so it is a proven fact that premium diapers are indeed designed for not 2 but multiple wettings. I would assume what Mrpurple is trying to explain is that once the diaper gets truly saturated and wet everywhere. It would be a good idea to change. However, diapers (especially premium) are designed to lock wetness away. So in answer it is indeed asinine to only wet a diaper once and then throw it away. Especially if your paying for premium. Just my opinion :)

Reactions: Lyokodl
Yeah, “re-using” a nappy means taking it off then putting it on again at a later time (even if supposedly “dry”), as opposed to wetting it multiple times without changing.

How many times you “use” it before changing depends on time of wearing, bladder capacity, wetting pattern etc. so impossible to generalise on that!

Hellhieme said:
Ok, so it is a proven fact that premium diapers are indeed designed for not 2 but multiple wettings. I would assume what Mrpurple is trying to explain is that once the diaper gets truly saturated and wet everywhere. It would be a good idea to change. However, diapers (especially premium) are designed to lock wetness away. So in answer it is indeed asinine to only wet a diaper once and then throw it away. Especially if your paying for premium. Just my opinion :)

I’m going to be harsh here. But your opinion is wrong and harmful.
Once you've wet a nappy the urine starts to break down in to harmful compounds, even if it is ‘locked away’.

this isn’t a matter of opinion, it’s a matter of health and safety, as well as good hygiene practices.
I can understand reusing one that hasn’t been wet, but please, do not promote the use of previously soiled pads.

ChocChip said:
Yeah, “re-using” a nappy means taking it off then putting it on again at a later time (even if supposedly “dry”), as opposed to wetting it multiple times without changing.

How many times you “use” it before changing depends on time of wearing, bladder capacity, wetting pattern etc. so impossible to generalise on that!
- That's how new I am round here, didn't know 're-using' is taking old products from trash and etc. etc.!!!!!!!

W
MrPurple said:
Once you've wet a nappy the urine starts to break down in to harmful compounds, even if it is ‘locked away’.

this isn’t a matter of opinion, it’s a matter of health and safety, as well as good hygiene practices.
I can understand reusing one that hasn’t been wet, but please, do not promote the use of previously soiled pads.
- Whilst I do not rubbish (trash) dive for used products you are asking me not to be me/myself!!
Take it up with the mods' if you want to silence me on this matter but re-wetting WITHOUT taking off the same nappy isn't going to ruddy kill moi, you or anyone!!!!!!!

MrPurple said:

Ok, so just to clarify are we talking about wetting the same diaper multiple times that is still on your person? or taking on out of a trash can or diaper pale? because if it's the former again, It is designed for it. If it is the latter, that is extremely unhygienic and I also would not recommended it at all. sorry if I misunderstood you Mr.purple :)

• Love
Reactions: babybobby
GO3SBOTHWAY5 said:
The suddenly grey area of Twice
I'd suggest if the wet area turns grey, it's time for a change. 😜

Reactions: chamberpot, TheWolfEmperor, Deleted member 9978 and 1 other person
Since the OP did not link the specific post he was referring to, I can't be sure of this but I believe that the reference was about reusing a diaper after removing the diaper for a period of time (like hours or more). This shouldn't be done.

It is also possible the OP was referring to a post about trash diving. In this case it's just wrong. You have no idea how long that diaper has been unused nor what illness or problems the user has or what has come in contact with the diaper.

Otherwise, you can safely wear a diaper that you have peed in for quite some time depending on the diaper (how absorbent, etc) and your own tolerances.

For me personally, I have strong skin. I do not wear 24/7 but I almost never change immediately after one wetting and I am often in a good quality wet diaper for 8 hours or so without any problems.

However, there are some people that must change a wet diaper immediately. This is fine - each person can decide for themselves what to do.

So i have pretty good experiences in both wearing for extended periods while wetting countless times and using a diaper I had wet taken off and wet again.

As for the first. This is normal... But usually as used as a sales gimmic for depends and other small brands which dont hold usually more than 1 wetting if that. To back up my statement. There are a lot of ic people who dribble which means they are usually wet for extended periods. Of time anyways... So the idea of wearing a wet diaper for extendes periods or once used is silly.

As for taking a diaper you wore previously and taken off and put back on again. Usually i do this with diapers I wanna get full use out of and dont let sit longer than 8 or so hours before putting on.

I would highly suggest against this. Specifically if you have sensitive skin. Also if you have a sensitive sense of smell... As they usually will have an oder.
Now when it comes to wearing. As long as it is not for extended periods you will be fine. How ever it will give you a rash if you go much longer than an hour depending how old the diaper is...
This is true even if you didnt even wet it and just wore for a while. As your sweat also gets absorbed into the diaper.

So yes either is fine... But use caution!

BabyDenise said:
Since the OP did not link the specific post he was referring to, I can't be sure of this but I believe that the reference was about reusing a diaper after removing the diaper for a period of time (like hours or more). This shouldn't be done.

It is also possible the OP was referring to a post about trash diving. In this case it's just wrong. You have no idea how long that diaper has been unused nor what illness or problems the user has or what has come in contact with the diaper.

Otherwise, you can safely wear a diaper that you have peed in for quite some time depending on the diaper (how absorbent, etc) and your own tolerances.

For me personally, I have strong skin. I do not wear 24/7 but I almost never change immediately after one wetting and I am often in a good quality wet diaper for 8 hours or so without any problems.

However, there are some people that must change a wet diaper immediately. This is fine - each person can decide for themselves what to do.
- I did not mean to cause confusion, I understand now that 're-using' means rubbish/trash diving. (Again) I do not re-use but I do re-wet (without taking off), I know that what I do puts me at no risk where health is concerned, sometimes some wires can get crossed
...at the end of the day I don't want to be called out ...in fact I'd go as far to say (at the end of the day) I don't want to be borderline attacked for re-wetting!!!!!!!

I change 2 times in 24 hours, sometimes 3.
I can not control my bladder leaking or voiding ... most days I'll be leaking into an already wet diaper for 8 - 16 hours

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back