The scent of a diaper BM accident.

greatlake5

Profoundly incontinent since the beginning.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Those of us who experience BM accidents, is your smell that bad? Mine? Not exactly a bed of roses but they're not killer. I use internal deodorants daily (chlorophyll copper) so it's not noticed. At least for an hour or so. If I'm at home I try to change fairly quick but if I'm out in public I'm stuck. I've changed in a different bathroom but I like to use my own. So sometimes I can wait for an hour or so and get to my own bathroom. Odor? If you're not using deodorants others will know. It's a give away. I just have a little pungency. I do wear plastic pants so there's that. I also use cologne (Polo) and I love Coppertone lotion. They help. I'm sure your diet causes your odor. Sometimes it's stinky or smelly. So I watch what I eat.

Do you do anything to moderate the scent of a BM accident?

I've tried the chlorophyll but it does nothing with me. My messes smell terrible at any consistency. I am not sure if there is anything I can do about it other then changing my diet.

Mickey said:
I've tried the chlorophyll but it does nothing with me. My messes smell terrible at any consistency. I am not sure if there is anything I can do about it other then changing my diet.
It does requires the correct "dose" and the correct product.

When I used 2 capsules/day of ChloroFresh the smell is substantially reduced and turns the stool greenish. I have cut back to one capsule per day, since it is fairly costly here. The smell increases somewhat somewhat with only 1 capsule but the smell is considerably better than it would be without using it at all.

I use deodorants also I can get substantial more time before anyone would know because I am restrained in wheel chair no sitting standing or any kind of movement that would enable air flow between inside and outside of diaper . I wear either rubber bloomers or protec briefs over top of diaper .

Back