That time of the month

Bbwk

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
What do you girls do when it's that time of the month? I tend to not wear a diaper when I'm on mine, but honestly wondering if it's easier since a diaper is like a pad??

Reactions: littledreamers333
There’s several existing threads on this if you use the search function! I tend to not wear a full blown ABDL diaper as it’s wasteful and can be unsanitary (in terms of if I wore to capacity but realistically I’d need to change before then) and uncomfortable. I’ll wear pull-ups tho as I have heavy flow and they work far better than pads (especially when asleep) and I can’t wear tampons due to medical issues anyways. Plus I can change and clean up more often without worrying about the waste.

I'm not a girl but I would imagine just a diaper may be a bit more of a mess to deal with? Although I've seen multiple posts of women that really appreciate the added security they get with diapers in combination with their usual protection, especially for overnight and their heavy days.

My fiancée wears during the night when that time comes. Pads get uncomfortable to them and gladly switch, they usually wear their favorite (ABU DinoRawrZ) so they can feel extra cute and comfy when nature makes them feel less so. Sometimes there's very little mess and other days it seems like instead of absorbing as it came out it decided to flow all around the front and between the legs first. Either way, they seem to prefer it come bed time.

Reactions: Bbwk and lilbabyjooce
For me personally, I usually use pads inside my depend pull ups. This is because, contrary to popular belief, diapers intended for urine don’t absorb blood as efficiently as a pad would. Also, I like to double up on pads when I use them; meaning, I take one pad, tear it vertically down the middle, then place it on an untorn pad, then place the whole thing inside my pull up.

Reactions: Bbwk, lilbabyjooce and craigd1341
I’m not 24/7 but when she comes, I wear my cheapy pull ups 24/7 for the duration of her visit. They do a good job of actually absorbing whereas full on ABDs don’t quite do it.

LittlePrincessLG said:
I’m not 24/7 but when she comes, I wear my cheapy pull ups 24/7 for the duration of her visit. They do a good job of actually absorbing whereas full on ABDs don’t quite do it.
Absorbing the blood that is

Reactions: Bbwk and craigd1341
I hate getting my period and find it a pain to deal with so if it’s a weekend or I’m off work and can stay in diapers all day during that time of the month I will as I find then I can just forget about it as I know the diapers will take care of it. I especially like wearing diapers overnight on my heaviest days as I find pads often leak. I have tried using a cheap pull-up/ Drynites as an alternative to wear to pads as I thought they would leak less (with the intention of only using them for my period and not wetting) but as @PrettyLilPrincess said they don’t really absorb blood on its own very well and it felt like a waste for the environment to be using a diaper for my period but not to use it to capacity so I only wear a diaper during my period if I’m going to be wetting as well.

If it’s a weekday and I’m following my normal work routine then I wear sanitary pads and don’t use diapers even when I’m home as I only really like to wear diapers when I’ve time off from work, it feels wasteful somehow to use a diaper overnight if I’ve got to get up early in the morning and rush off to work and I think I find it hard to get into the diaper wearing mindset when I’m caught up in my day to day work life.

I use less absorbent diapers and change more often. Everything goes into my nappy.

Thank you everyone!

I tend to treat my time of the month like any other girl. I wear a pad most nights and a tampon during the day, and I typically won’t wear a diaper. If I do wear a diaper, I oddly enough typically put in a tampon because I HATE the combo of blood and a wet diaper - that stems from my time as a bed wetter in my teens when I wouldn’t wear anything - just my diaper at night

Back