Testing Sample Diapers (briefs)

When testing a sample diaper do you:

• Do you initially test your sample the your workplace environment?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

slimjiminy

Diabetes, type-2
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I'm curious about how people test out their free diaper samples. Do you test in private, or at home without regard to privacy? Do you test in the situation you expect to wear them? Or do you do the bathtub pee test first?

II usually save up free samples until I have a day at home to myself. Then if my diaper leaks on me, I can note that and change before wife and son get home. I work at home these days, so it also serves as a workday test.

I test a couple of the same diaper in the privacy of my home, wetting them in different ways (large flood, smaller wettings) while wearing plastic pants to gain a little trust. If I have a minor leak I don't necessarily give up on it because the tape placement isn't usually perfect yet. If the testing goes somewhat well I will buy a whole pack and get braver and braver the more I use it successfully and get the tape placement dialed in. A major leak will end the testing unless I know there was an error on my part.

Last edited:
Always test at home, sometimes with a diaper cover, and always with a pad to sit or lay on. I typically test 4+ like that before I know for sure what it can handle. Every diaper fits differently, channels fluid differently, absorbs differently. Until I know the best tape position, if the tapes are going to hold, if it has a cloth-like cover whether it's going to seep, etc., etc., etc., I won't trust it whatsoever. I've had too many fail on me in the past. I don't need that any longer.

Every new diaper should be approached with a “trust but verify” attitude. I use the tub method. I’m not IC, but if you can hold enough volume to really test them out, it’s the best way to see what the tolerances are. Granted, it works better for those who aren’t incontinent.

I’d still stay at home and sit on a disposable mat or a towel or something to test it under my normal conditions.

Past samples are used carefully and only when in the home environment until I know what they will hold, if I am going out I will not give one a test drive but on home days I will wear until I get a leak to establish capacity and always wear p.p over the top as I know for sure that at some point I will have a leak.
If I am in a test Nappy and Have to go out then I will change into my normal 'tried and tested' Nappy combo for safety and security as well as peace of mind.
Have not test driven a new Nappy for quite a while now.

I test my new diapers at home first to find out the amount of pee they will hold and potential for leaks in different wetting situations. I had a bad experience once when I was trying a new brand and had a heavy wetting accident at the store. My diaper leaked and I ended up with a large wet spot in my pants that was very obvious. After that I always test them out before I wear them out in public.

Reactions: slimjiminy
Back