Tena slip active fit

heartsforthestairs

Tena slip active fit lover
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
heya guys!

I’ve just bought Tena slip active fits, ( the maxi ones, if that’s important) and wanted to know if anybody has had experience with these and how often I will need to change and how much they swell. I’ve seen these recommended as good day time diapers and it’s what is most readily available here. I also heard that the tapes can be funny… is this something I need to pay close attention to? Would it be a good idea to carry around tape in case of tape failure?

Tena active fit are awesome If you are I Europe anyway - I hear the USA ones arw different.

It does of course make a difference how much you drink/pee but I reckon a maxi would be good for 3-4 hours, perhaps? Depends on lots of things. I use the Ultima and they last a bit longer.

Reactions: espectro and NappiedTruckDriver
Being a sometimes user of Tena Proskin Ultima (absolutely the most comfortable ever) in medium size and maxi absorbancy I suspect the active fit are very similar to the Ultima and if so I think they are the best affordable Nappies I have ever used, one will normally last me a whole day with about 6 of my bladder emptyings equalling around a litre I think, they do swell and in doing so get even more comfortable !

Reactions: Constantlydamp and NappiedTruckDriver
My daytime nappy.
The tabs I've never had an issue with they can handle a decent wetting.
Carry tape if you want what harm will it do?
Wear them at home wet them see how they last for you

Reactions: NappiedTruckDriver
My standard nappy if wearing during the day and pretty discreet and good for three to four wettings. Probably managed six hours wearing at home. Ultima at night which is favourite time to wear.
My only issues with my bladder is that it is over active.

Reactions: Deleted member 39193 and NappiedTruckDriver
Can someone explain to me the difference between the active fit and standard Tena slips?

star said:
Tena active fit are awesome If you are I Europe anyway - I hear the USA ones arw different.

It does of course make a difference how much you drink/pee but I reckon a maxi would be good for 3-4 hours, perhaps? Depends on lots of things. I use the Ultima and they last a bit longer.
I’m in UK and they’re my day time nappy at work , and yes 3/4 hours have pushy longer but the padding starts to break down
1 good thing is the tabs do stick well
Ps I wear large 22 pack count

Last edited:
leicesterfan said:
Can someone explain to me the difference between the active fit and standard Tena slips?
Active fit are PE backed , Proskin are the cloth like

Reactions: leicesterfan, espectro and queerpeanut
Tenawearer said:
My standard nappy if wearing during the day and pretty discreet and good for three to four wettings. Probably managed six hours wearing at home. Ultima at night which is favourite time to wear.
My only issues with my bladder is that it is over active.
My normal daytime nappy too, plus overnight sometimes although I also usually wear an Ultima at night.
I say ‘usually’, but I’ve not been in nappies for weeks!

• Sad
NappiedTruckDriver said:
I’m in UK and they’re my day time nappy at work , and yes 3/4 hours have pushy longer but the padding starts to break down
1 good thing is the tabs do stick well
Ps I wear large 22 pack count
I'm a uk trucker too 👍

You’ll like them! And I can’t say I’ve had any issues with the tapes. They are perfect for daytime wearing.

Reactions: espectro, Deleted member 39193 and NappiedTruckDriver
leicesterfan said:
The active fit are designed to not deteriorate (EG padding coming loose, bunching, plastic and padding separating, tape failure) and are slightly thinner and have a plasticky backing

Reactions: leicesterfan and Deleted member 39193
Currently they are my go to, the maxi in both the active fit and the Pro skin. Im currently wearing 3 a day.
8am - 4pm
4pm - 10pm
10pm - 8am

I can't say I have had any issues. Once I accidently put a hole in the plastic when wearing at work. I kneeled down to take a customers order to see my shorts wear soaked. Small bit of tape over the hole and I finished the shift off with no issues.

Reactions: Napincolove
star said:

To my knowledge, Tena Slip Active Fit aren't available in North America, except as European imports. Even then, it seems like only Canadian vendors import them, and many of those (not that there were many to begin with) have stopped shipping to the US. As far as I know, InControl, whenever they restock (which has probably happened by now; they briefly stopped stocking them, then re-ordered due to consumer demand), is the only Canadian source that will currently ship to the US. There's also a vendor in Europe, I think SaveExpress (a German company, as I recall), that will ship to the US, but that's pretty darn expensive.

Anyway, what I'm getting at, is that if you can actually find something in North America that's labeled Tena Slip Active Fit, it's going to be the same thing that's sold in Europe.

The US has its own line of Tena products, that are all cloth-backed, and generally quite underwhelming, from what I've heard, though I ran across a cloth-backed Tena about ten years ago that was insanely thick (for a medical diaper; it was almost as thick as an Abena Abri-Form M4). Wasn't in my size, but I'd love to get my hands on that, if it's still made.

Last edited:
I like them. I usually wear Abu diapers. They’re thinner, less absorbent than an ab diaper but suit my needs occasionally. Never had an issue with tapes. I find them extremely comfortable. I just purchased a case from Incontrol in Canada. They ship to the U.S.

I meant to mention these are the European manufactured Tenas, plastic backed.

How is the sizing on the Tena Slip Active Fit line? I'm unsure if I'd be a medium or a large. An Abena Abri-Form Comfort M4 (the plastic-backed ones) just barely fits me, as a medium... I need to get my measurements again. If I recall correctly, I have something like a 36-inch hip, but somewhere in the range of 39 to 41-inch waist (belly).

Last edited:
I want to try the Tena slip active fits (maxi). They seem more discreet than the other high capacity diapers which is important for me when I go out in public.

DelC said:
To my knowledge, Tena Slip Active Fit aren't available in North America, except as European imports. Even then, it seems like only Canadian vendors import them, and many of those (not that there were many to begin with) have stopped shipping to the US. As far as I know, InControl, whenever they restock (which has probably happened by now; they briefly stopped stocking them, then re-ordered due to consumer demand), is the only Canadian source that will currently ship to the US. There's also a vendor in Europe, I think SaveExpress (a German company, as I recall), that will ship to the US, but that's pretty darn expensive.

Anyway, what I'm getting at, is that if you can actually find something in North America that's labeled Tena Slip Active Fit, it's going to be the same thing that's sold in Europe.

The US has its own line of Tena products, that are all cloth-backed, and generally quite underwhelming, from what I've heard, though I ran across a cloth-backed Tena about ten years ago that was insanely thick (for a medical diaper; it was almost as thick as an Abena Abri-Form M4). Wasn't in my size, but I'd love to get my hands on that, if it's still made.
It is still made, very glad to be in the Uk as they are the best diapers I can get here for a reasonable price. 50p per diaper, which I would say is about 60/70 cents

Reactions: star and wearforsafety
They are excellent!
Maxi is better then Ultima which theoretically should be better.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 39193 and NappiedTruckDriver
Back