storm

Baloo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
I live in a seaside town and when there is a storm with very high winds and a high tide I love the go to the beech to watch the sea and waves, Some times there maybe a ship or a boat attempting to get onto the port to shelter, I am amazed how the person stearing dosen't go off course, How many of you do the same?

Reactions: Cottontail, tiron101 and Edgewater
I don't do the same personally but it does sound quite fun, though i think i'd prefer watching something like that while being cosied up inside rather than in high winds!

Reactions: tiron101 and Edgewater
I am that guy that is on that sailboat coming into a shelter harbor for the night or as the destination of the trip!

Weather and how it changes and what affects it, is a wonder knowledge base to have as the current believes have so bastardized the reality of this Worldwide connected system, which is driven by the Sun.

Reactions: tiron101 and Baloo
I live just a few hundred feet from seawater. It's a very dynamic view for sure, especially during storms. There's a lot of commercial traffic out in front of our house. Often we'll be taking in our morning coffee while watching a supertanker push its way slowly through an ebb tide en route to one of the nearby refineries. This area (north Puget Sound) had a good windstorm a little over a week ago, and the waves were incredible. It was definitely not a time to be out on the water! I expect the margin of safety is somewhat greater than it appears, but I was watching a fishing boat get tossed around and couldn't believe it wasn't capsizing.

Reactions: tiron101, Edgewater and Baloo
That was me at one time. Bad days were the days I enjoyed the most. I've always been a thrill seeker and I loved the challenge of days where most people would stay off the water and only the die hard people went out. Those are the days where your technical skills come into play and you need to have it together.

• Love
Reactions: Edgewater and Baloo
Back