Guest viewing is limited
  • Guests can only view a limited number of pages. Please log in or register to remove this limit.
  • 3 guest views remaining

Storm Chasing

MiddleJacob

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
Holy crap there is a pattern of sustained storms over the Midwest. I hope everyone is okay. At the same time, just to actually feel inflow from a wall cloud would light me up.

Anyway, I know some of you guys are amatuer or "baby" stormchasers. Like, all I want to do is go to Oklahoma. I have family around KC, so this will happen.

Check out the spc.noaa.gov website under the Mesoscale Discussion tab! It will shift as more MD's come up. But the MD targets kinda look like a... well...Let's Go!

Attachments

• SPC Mesoscale Discussion Penis Shape.jpg
    SPC Mesoscale Discussion Penis Shape.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 4
Reactions: LePew and longallsboy
Chased for many of years Even had a convoy chase group before it got stupid and everyone one was following each other. Loved it and all the small towns out int eh central plains.

I may not be in the USA but I do watch how these things play out. it is one of my goals to get over there and chase for a few weeks. hopefully see a twister or two.

MiddleJacob said:
Holy crap there is a pattern of sustained storms over the Midwest. I hope everyone is okay. At the same time, just to actually feel inflow from a wall cloud would light me up.

Anyway, I know some of you guys are amatuer or "baby" stormchasers. Like, all I want to do is go to Oklahoma. I have family around KC, so this will happen.

Check out the spc.noaa.gov website under the Mesoscale Discussion tab! It will shift as more MD's come up. But the MD targets kinda look like a... well...Let's Go!

I have Classic Autism and ADHD. I wouldn't necessarily call myself an adult baby as I don't wear diapers, but I have a lot of things which might nearly qualify me as one. I have a lot of childlike or childish interests connected to my Autism, though not diapers.

What I do find interesting is that many Autistics are into Geography and mapping. I have a friend in her 30s with Autism from the Chicago area that at one point wanted to be a storm chaser as well. She really loved tornadoes. I, at one point, actually wanted to be a weatherman / meteorologist when I was in university 26-30 years ago, but I didn't go that way because I would have to take many calculus and physics classes and math / science is certainly NOT an area that I excel in. I'm more of a Social Sciences type person .... Geography, U.S. History, Child Development, American oldies music history, in that area. I actually have a bachelor degree in Geography, but with my Autism, it didn't really lead me to any job in my lifetime. I also couldn't help but notice the percentage of people that are Autistic that are into taking photos of road signs or freeway overhead signs. I do that frequently when I go on vacations with my parents to another state. I belong to several FB groups on road sign photos. I notice that in a lot of those groups, there are quite a lot of Autistic people who are members. I would say probably 35-40% are somewhere on the Autism Spectrum. Not a majority exactly, but 35% would be complete and total overrepresentation in a group of people that make up only 1%, at most 2%, of the general population.

I am virtually like a walking atlas. I actually was among one of 100 finalists in my state's National Geography Bee when I was in 8th grade in 1990. I am also an oldies and soft rock music encyclopedia. I collect 45 rpm records and have quite a bit. I also have a big interest in long-alls and vintage children's T strap shoes / Mary Janes. I collected street maps for the longest time too as well.

- longallsboy

Last edited:
Back