WildBlueCrinkle

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Incontinent
Storing / organizing reusable products

I'm trying to be more eco- and wallet-friendly. I have lighter accidents during the day and heavier overnight (and a persistent problem with leaks overnight), mostly urine, a few times a month, urge fecal. I've accumulated a bunch of products to help manage:

• Threaded Armor protective briefs (with multi-part inserts that have to be assembled, and taken out for washing);
  • Threaded Armor lounge briefs (all in one but can also take inserts) (these are fairly bulky);
  • An assortment of Ecoables fitted diapers (with snap-in inserts), pocket diapers, pull on diapers, and diaper covers (build up layers for overnight or extended trips away from home, mix and match) (e.g. several sets of their "day and night" combo) (moderately bulky);
  • Double and single layer terry lined plastic pants from Kins to try to catch leaks (these are bulky af);
  • Large reusable underpads to protect my mattress overnight;
  • Smaller reusable chair pads;
  • Etc.
I'm at a loss for how to organize and store all of this stuff. It won't all fit in my dresser, so I guess maybe I'm looking for hanging (?) storage in my closet, or ...? How do y'all do it? Stackable drawers? Cubes? Do you store products pre-assembled or "build" them as needed? Thanks!!

Reactions: GeorgeG, babyscotty37 and PadPhilosopher
Since the majority of my products are disposable, storing takes more room. I have a large walk-in closet and a very big bathroom. Both keep my IC items with plenty of room for them (including my diaper pail - Janibell Akord) . I do have several cloth (Ecoable fitted diapers) but I only use disposable inserts (NS Eternadry contour boosters). I keep them in my bedroom closet. Obviously disposable diapers take more room. I would think anyone who uses cloth exclusively doesn't have the same problem. I don't leave my diapers around my bathroom (or anywhere). I live solo until my partner is here during the weekends. Of course she knows of my medical issues. I rarely let guests walking around my private bathroom or bedroom. I give then my guestrooms and their own bathrooms or the open powder room off the family room. I would think IC people simply use their cloth diapers in a closet.
End of the problem. Laundry? My cleaning lady takes care of them.

Reactions: Edgewater and PadPhilosopher
greatlake5 said:
Since the majority of my products are disposable, storing takes more room. I have a large walk-in closet and a very big bathroom. Both keep my IC items with plenty of room for them (including my diaper pail - Janibell Akord) . I do have several cloth (Ecoable fitted diapers) but I only use disposable inserts (NS Eternadry contour boosters). I keep them in my bedroom closet. Obviously disposable diapers take more room. I would think anyone who uses cloth exclusively doesn't have the same problem. I don't leave my diapers around my bathroom (or anywhere). I live solo until my partner is here during the weekends. Of course she knows of my medical issues. I rarely let guests walking around my private bathroom or bedroom. I give then my guestrooms and their own bathrooms or the open powder room off the family room. I would think IC people simply use their cloth diapers in a closet.
End of the problem. Laundry? My cleaning lady takes care of them.

None of that in any way answers the questions I asked...?

Last edited:
  • Thinking
Reactions: Edgewater and PadPhilosopher
I have a large walk-in closet off my bath. Visitors can't get to my closet without going through my bedroom and bathroom, so lot's of privacy.

I keep bags of unopened disposable diapers of various absorbencies, plus boosters, on an overhead shelf, currently about 6 cases (25 bags).
I have a closet system with hanging areas, vertical shelving areas, and drawer areas.
I use two shelves for stacking opened diapers vertically (5 different absorbencies plus boosters). I keep them stacked in their bags so I can easily check a bag to know which diaper I'm grabbing without needing my glasses.
I use baskets that fit on the shelves to organize and store my reusable products.
A large basket for prefold diapers. All folded the same and stored vertically makes it easy to distinguish between mediums & larges.
A large basket for diaper systems: AIOs, pocket diapers, pocket diaper inserts, shaped pads, etc.
A medium basket for PUL covers, both pull-on and snap-on, plus anything else that needs to be stored.
A medium basket for pull-on plastic pants. High waisted on top.
A medium basket for snap-on plastic pants. High waisted on top.
I keep the large baskets on higher shelves, as they hang over.

As my requirements can shift quickly, I organize in a way that makes it easier for me to grab what I need. I try to fold and store vertically when possible so I don't have to dig through layers to find what I need to wear. Hope this helps.

Reactions: GeorgeG, Edgewater, WildBlueCrinkle and 1 other person
CheshireCat said:
I have a large walk-in closet off my bath. Visitors can't get to my closet without going through my bedroom and bathroom, so lot's of privacy.

I keep bags of unopened disposable diapers of various absorbencies, plus boosters, on an overhead shelf, currently about 6 cases (25 bags).
I have a closet system with hanging areas, vertical shelving areas, and drawer areas.
I use two shelves for stacking opened diapers vertically (5 different absorbencies plus boosters). I keep them stacked in their bags so I can easily check a bag to know which diaper I'm grabbing without needing my glasses.
I use baskets that fit on the shelves to organize and store my reusable products.
A large basket for prefold diapers. All folded the same and stored vertically makes it easy to distinguish between mediums & larges.
A large basket for diaper systems: AIOs, pocket diapers, pocket diaper inserts, shaped pads, etc.
A medium basket for PUL covers, both pull-on and snap-on, plus anything else that needs to be stored.
A medium basket for pull-on plastic pants. High waisted on top.
A medium basket for snap-on plastic pants. High waisted on top.
I keep the large baskets on higher shelves, as they hang over.

As my requirements can shift quickly, I organize in a way that makes it easier for me to grab what I need. I try to fold and store vertically when possible so I don't have to dig through layers to find what I need to wear. Hope this helps.
It does. I'm having a hard time visualizing it (especially "stored vertically" for the pre-fold diapers in a basket), but that's a me thing. When you say medium / large, what size are the baskets?

Would something like this work? KALLAX cubes (or this, laid flat) with DRÖNA boxes? (I need to get a handle on how much capacity (cubic feet) I actually need, and how I should organize things, and if (and if so, how many) I should pre-configure...

Last edited:
Reactions: DLWee and PadPhilosopher
WildBlueCrinkle said:
It does. I'm having a hard time visualizing it (especially "stored vertically" for the pre-fold diapers in a basket), but that's a me thing. When you say medium / large, what size are the baskets?

Would something like this work? KALLAX cubes (or this, laid flat) with DRÖNA boxes? (I need to get a handle on how much capacity (cubic feet) I actually need, and how I should organize things, and if (and if so, how many) I should pre-configure...

I've attached a picture of my basket of working prefolds, folded and stored vertically. Large ones are to the left (and behind). The three mediums for double diapering are to the right. It's a cheap plastic basket that measures approximately 18"L x 12"W x 12"D. I set it on a 12" deep shelf so that the basket hangs off by 6" (length of basket does from back of shelf to off the front of the shelf.

The Ikea units and bins should work fine. I reused baskets that I already had to avoid spending money, and my closet has the shelving needed.

Attachments

• Basket of Diapers.jpg
    Basket of Diapers.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: Edgewater, PadPhilosopher and WildBlueCrinkle
CheshireCat said:
I've attached a picture of my basket of working prefolds, folded and stored vertically. Large ones are to the left (and behind). The three mediums for double diapering are to the right. It's a cheap plastic basket that measures approximately 18"L x 12"W x 12"D. I set it on a 12" deep shelf so that the basket hangs off by 6" (length of basket does from back of shelf to off the front of the shelf.

The Ikea units and bins should work fine. I reused baskets that I already had to avoid spending money, and my closet has the shelving needed.

Ah now I get it. TYSM!

Reactions: PadPhilosopher
WildBlueCrinkle said:

I'm trying to be more eco- and wallet-friendly. I have lighter accidents during the day and heavier overnight (and a persistent problem with leaks overnight), mostly urine, a few times a month, urge fecal. I've accumulated a bunch of products to help manage:

• Threaded Armor protective briefs (with multi-part inserts that have to be assembled, and taken out for washing);
  • Threaded Armor lounge briefs (all in one but can also take inserts) (these are fairly bulky);
  • An assortment of Ecoables fitted diapers (with snap-in inserts), pocket diapers, pull on diapers, and diaper covers (build up layers for overnight or extended trips away from home, mix and match) (e.g. several sets of their "day and night" combo) (moderately bulky);
  • Double and single layer terry lined plastic pants from Kins to try to catch leaks (these are bulky af);
  • Etc.
I'm at a loss for how to organize and store all of this stuff. It won't all fit in my dresser, so I guess maybe I'm looking for hanging (?) storage in my closet, or ...? How do y'all do it? Stackable drawers? Cubes? Do you store products pre-assembled or "build" them as needed? Thanks!!
I just received my Threaded Armor protective briefs the other day. I have to go to PT, and am also going to a gym now several days a week, and thought these might not be as conspicuous as other forms of protection for my urinary incontinence. I thought I was getting the heaviest protection, but by your post evidently, the lounge briefs offer more protection. Is that right?
I wore them for the first time to the gym this morning. Things worked out pretty well, but even with a booster doubled over I still managed to leak some before I got home. I may need to get some lounge briefs.

• Thinking
Reactions: PadPhilosopher
babyscotty37 said:
I just received my Threaded Armor protective briefs the other day. I have to go to PT, and am also going to a gym now several days a week, and thought these might not be as conspicuous as other forms of protection for my urinary incontinence. I thought I was getting the heaviest protection, but by your post evidently, the lounge briefs offer more protection. Is that right?
I wore them for the first time to the gym this morning. Things worked out pretty well, but even with a booster doubled over I still managed to leak some before I got home. I may need to get some lounge briefs.
No, sorry if I gave that impression. The lounge briefs have a sewn in 2 layer soaker pad and underneath that another 2 layers, and behind that a "pocket" that can accommodate step up inserts etc. Details:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Absorbancy for the lounge brief by itself ranges from 410 ml (small) to 680 ml (XL), per Threaded Armor. They're basically Depends Pull-Ups level garments by themselves. They're comfortable and easy and I grab them when I'm just hanging out at home and don't want to deal with snapping in inserts, etc., but I don't trust them all that much.

The Protective Brief claims (stock) a bit more capacity, 520ml–850ml S–XL. (Comparison: https://threadedarmor.com/pages/3-styles-adult-cloth-diapers) They have 5 total layers; a pocket insert (3 layers) + a step up insert (2 layers microfiber).

(In something approaching a “real world test,” the Protective Brief absorbed 468 ml before leaking (it's not clear what size they tested), FWIW; within spitting range of Depends with Tabs...)

I'm not a huge fan of the standing guards, I think they connect to the fleece leg openings and wick. But for a light, at home, day, they're good enough for me. I haven't tried massively boosting their capacity since I have the Ecoables (which work a lot better for me).

Reactions: Edgewater and babyscotty37
WildBlueCrinkle said:
No, sorry if I gave that impression. The lounge briefs have a sewn in 2 layer soaker pad and underneath that another 2 layers, and behind that a "pocket" that can accommodate step up inserts etc. Details:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Absorbancy for the lounge brief by itself ranges from 410 ml (small) to 680 ml (XL), per Threaded Armor. They're basically Depends Pull-Ups level garments by themselves. They're comfortable and easy and I grab them when I'm just hanging out at home and don't want to deal with snapping in inserts, etc., but I don't trust them all that much.

The Protective Brief claims (stock) a bit more capacity, 520ml–850ml S–XL. (Comparison: https://threadedarmor.com/pages/3-styles-adult-cloth-diapers) They have 5 total layers; a pocket insert (3 layers) + a step up insert (2 layers microfiber).

(In something approaching a “real world test,” the Protective Brief absorbed 468 ml before leaking (it's not clear what size they tested), FWIW; within spitting range of Depends with Tabs...)

I'm not a huge fan of the standing guards, I think they connect to the fleece leg openings and wick. But for a light, at home, day, they're good enough for me. I haven't tried massively boosting their capacity since I have the Ecoables (which work a lot better for me).
Thanks,
I just ordered some lounge briefs as well. As I mentioned, I'm looking for something that doesn't show "diaper" when undressing at the gym.
I found it takes a little bit of work to snap the liner in, to get the boost-ups situated to lay as flat as possible and provide the protection I need.
I'm normally wearing a full adult InControl diaper to manage my incontinence. But I'm very self-conscious of being spotted/heard in a gym locker room. But I will be involved with PT and the gym for the next few months rehabbing from my SI joint fusion and the weakness from being so inactive for five months, and then getting as strong as possible before a knee replacement.

babyscotty37 said:
Thanks,
I just ordered some lounge briefs as well. As I mentioned, I'm looking for something that doesn't show "diaper" when undressing at the gym.
I found it takes a little bit of work to snap the liner in, to get the boost-ups situated to lay as flat as possible and provide the protection I need.
I'm normally wearing a full adult InControl diaper to manage my incontinence. But I'm very self-conscious of being spotted/heard in a gym locker room. But I will be involved with PT and the gym for the next few months rehabbing from my SI joint fusion and the weakness from being so inactive for five months, and then getting as strong as possible before a knee replacement.
Good luck on your journey! I was deteriorating a year ago (couldn't get up easily if I sat down, found myself contemplating bathroom bars), put myself through "self directed" PT to regain strength and mobility. It's a slog but so worth it!

Reactions: Edgewater
Closet organizer found eBay.
Maybe this would be helpful.Screenshot_20240430-235849~2.png

well,

yes, organizg stuff is tough, and very specific to your asthetic, budget and location.

That said, i have a lot of the metal closet organizers in all my bedrooms, all built to need for each room, can get at most box stores. I used rubbermaid brand.

But i built full width (about 12') rack across in one piece, with hangar rail. with racking above to start.
then i have lots of shelves on each side, all about 18-24" high and about 2' wide, which work well for the cloth stuff, and still have plenty of space for regular hanging stuff, like pj's and alike.

I also have 2 large cubby holes (were fore shoe racks) but are now just for stacking disposable packs.

I also have 3 large dressers in my room as well, but only one large drawer is taken up with disper covers and body suits.

but yes the cloth stuff takes room for sure.

Also, IKEA is a great place for ideas isf you have one you can go to.

I'm jus5 not very organised there is in co stuff all over our house.

I use shelves in my walk-in closet for my cloth diapers & Threaded Armor. The vinyl/PUL pants go in a drawer, because that's easier to choose from the variety.

My diapers and booster pads are stored in a closet in our bathroom in our room. My plastic panties and other accessories are stored in the bottom drawer of my dresser. The baby powder and some spare diapers are stored under the bedside stand so they close at hand for my changing.

It seems that your collection of stuff falls between your Roles and that will become evermore problematic as Incontinence demands evermore requirements. You may want to define what you have based on how often you are and will be using specific items. Once you have defined what you have based on that reality. Separate into those groups and you will find you will be looking at long-term storage, occasional storage and active daily use items. What you store what in is a function of the space available and the funds you have available.

WildBlueCrinkle said:

• Etc.
Oh, I am the same. Two draws stuffed full of various makes and systems of washable ( 3 these armour etc). And it is annoying, specially because I mostly use disposables. I probably need to throw some away, or not just stuff them in randomly. Perhaps sorting them carefully.. hanging is a good idea/experiment, but I have nowhere private. Will follow your post.

Ended up getting Kallax cubes and Drona inserts from IKEA, to organize everything. So far so good!

Back