Staying at hotels

One thing I have found when travelling the states is cheap motels don't protect their beds. I stayed in Williams AZ in a cheap motel and the mattress was badly stained.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: PadPhilosopher
An adult diaper skirt is great for this situation.

I always pack two or three depending on length of stay!

I've noted the usefulness of shorts in catching a little seepage. It's the same idea.

Reactions: Millbay
Freddie07601 said:
Sounds like your protective mat did it's job well. I usually bring good quality disposable underpads with me when I travel, but I rarely travel anymore. I've also always been careful to place used diapers in a plastic disposal bag before putting them in the hotel trash.
I do the same. sometimes ill have time to relax in the room and like to get my kink on and wear disposables around till bed. I always put in a bag and tie up before putting in the hotel garbage. Guess I am not to the point of not being embarrassed about it yet.

I‘ve stayed several nights in hotels during business trips and never made a big deal of my IC. Knowing my body with IC since some time I simply know that what works at home also works during travel - means in the nighttime I wear my Seni Quatro and nothing else - no plastic pants, no additional bed pad, just like at home - I know that this diaper holds reliably all my nightly output. In the morning I change after showering in a daytime diaper and leave the used one in the bathroom bin. It‘s what a bathroom bin is for - used hygiene products, and a diaper is nothing different…
Nobody ever said anything, never found anytime an additional mattress protector, and of course my bed stayed always dry!

I traveled alot and stayed in several hotels over the years,I simply wear good quality disposible diapers with rubber pants, I carry my own rubber sheet to protect the bed.I wrap soiled diapers in plastic bags and wash my rubber pants and hang them up in the shower.

Reactions: BabyLouise and PadPhilosopher
A few decades ago I use to request a plastic mattress cover when making a reservation. No one ever questioned it and it was nice having one on the bed already when I checked in. Now today most tell me they do not have these covers so I no longer ask but bring my own. About ten years ago I woke up one morning and my trainers / plastic underpants leaked and soaked the sheet. Thankfully I had my plastic mattress cover on the bed. I took the sheets off the bed and the plastic mattress cover was obvious. So I wrote a note saying I was sorry about the sheets and that is why I had a plastic mattress cover on my bed. When I returned from the job site there was a nice note on the bed that said they wiped down my plastic mattress cover (probably with some mild cleaner) and it was no problem washing the sheets and putting fresh sheets on my bed daily if needed. It also said that I should leave my wet sheets on the bed and they would take care of them each morning; just to leave the covers pulled back so they could notice. Overall very kind of them.

• Love
Reactions: Seabear, Babybub and PadPhilosopher
Back