Guest viewing is limited
  • Guests can only view a limited number of pages. Please log in or register to remove this limit.
  • 0 guest views remaining

Standing Up or Laying Down

How do you change your diapers?

• Standing

Votes: 54 33.3%
  • Laying down

Votes: 66 40.7%
  • 50/50

Votes: 42 25.9%

• Total voters

princessarya

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
Personally I'm standing 90% of the time.

Reactions: Diprs2, KBoy, NorthwestDiaperDude and 1 other person
So long as I am able to stand and walk I change standing up. I've been incapacitated more times than I care to discuss and reliant upon others to "tend to my needs" and all I can say is FUCK THAT! It's BRUTAL!

Changing while lying down is far too much a hassle and takes entirely too long. At least that's been my experience.

CptKirk

Reactions: Diprs2, KBoy, theancientmariner and 2 others
Been changing laying down since I started wearing again in Late Middle School/Early High School. Have only had a few times where I changed standing up and I find it to be more of a hassle than laying down.

Reactions: Diprs2, KBoy, Diaperedlife13 and 1 other person
I started over 30 years ago lying down but then found standing against a wall was much better once I got the hang of it and allowed a better fit ensuring everything is in the right place. All down to personal preference though.

Reactions: Diprs2, KBoy, princessarya and 1 other person
For me as a DL, it's about feeling right, and laying down is part of it. It's nothing to reason about. Results are no worse than standing.

Reactions: Diprs2, KBoy, princessarya and 1 other person
Standing-up provides a faster, more accurate means of placing the diaper in place, with a better fit and quickly on my way. I addition, if one is out and about, I am really not into laying down to change my diaper, especially on a public restroom floor.

Reactions: Diprs2, Kellycares, Hell2DaNaw and 2 others
Honestly I like sitting as a guy. It's not easy but kinda makes it better where you are being "pinched" shut

Reactions: Diprs2, ianwee, princessarya and 1 other person
I prefer standing. While I think lying down would be the natural position because that's how a babies diaper would be changed, I find it easier to diaper myself while standing. If I was disappearing someone else I think I would prefer if they lied down.

Reactions: Diprs2, KBoy, Millbay and 2 others
For me I do lying down the majority of the time, it's just what I'm use to. If it's velcro tapes, I usually do the bottom tapes lying down then stand up and do the top tapes. If it's sticky adhesive tapes then I do all 4 lying down. Most of the time I'm changing it's at home, but the rare occasions I'm changing away from home then I'll usually do it standing unless I'm at a friends house or not in public.

Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater and princessarya
I always stand when I put or change my Nappy/Diaper

Reactions: Diprs2, denimchicken and Edgewater
I remove a wet diaper while standing, but mostly put on a fresh one while lying down. If I change in a public restroom, I do it while standing, as that's the only realistic way.

Reactions: Diprs2, Kellycares, KBoy and 2 others
Standing. Although when in hospital I have been changed lying down by the nurses.

Reactions: Diprs2, denimchicken and Edgewater
Tenaman said:
Standing. Although when in hospital I have been changed lying down by the nurses.
That best way is a nurse to change your diaper

Reactions: Diprs2, Hell2DaNaw and KBoy
Laying down all the time.

Reactions: Diprs2 and KBoy
Being changed, I vastly prefer laying down. I will sometimes change myself laying down, the fit is vastly superior in my opinion. But being you and about, you can't exactly go lay down in the mens room floor. and well even if you could... ummmm gross. So you make do with standing changes.

Reactions: Diprs2, Hell2DaNaw and KBoy
I put on disposables (most of my diaper-wearing) standing up. I have to lie down to get cloth ones positioned right, so I do that. I ordered some of those pin-free cloth diaper closures, want to see how that works.

Reactions: Diprs2
Yeah, ive done the standing thing many times, but found it much easier to lay down, i think that is cause i've always done it that way, and i'm fast at doing it that way, takes me like 20 seonds to get one on, not a big deal, takes longer to get out of the bag than putting it on for me. But i have 52 years of experiance so far.

Standing is not for me as easy even before i was in a wheelchair.

I cant stand for long times and standing to change is not a good idea for me, prob fall or even pass out these days.

I get the dislike of requiring other to care for you, its not fun at all, i had over a year where i was unable to walk and needed help with everything and TBH it was just easier and less mess to just use a diaper especially for #1 as i was very shaky and using a urinal wasnt too good and would even drop it, not a good idea. So needed someone to help and or hold the urinal, so diapers were change 3 times a day and be done with it, and i usually only poop like every 2-3 days as my normal. I've also had to help my mother lately with getting a diaper on, and/or on/off the toilet and such, she is getting better and goto the bathroomon her own now, but she was not wanting my PCA's or other helpers to help her out, and would ask me, and i'm not in good shape either, so sometimes it was others for her, i was able to do diaper on her for going out to store, but she can roll over so wasnt too much physical work, but she had a hard time getting thing in place and i do have some experiance with diapers and i did diaper my ex as well, but she was fully abled and just lifter up her but, so doing the roll on side method was new for me too, but it worked and was not that big a deal, she is very stubborn and independent so been tough time with it. Luckly i have my pca's and helpers here for things and she get PY/OT/Bathing/RN visits all week as well, but they are here for like 30-45mins eash only and just do the usual things.

But, myself right now standing is not an option.

I change myself mostly by lying down. I find it positions the diaper better on my body and I don't get as many issues with having to deal with the diaper not fitting correctly or having leaks or drooping. The only time I change standing up is if I am in a nasty bathroom, place where I can't maneuver or change very well (though I usually take my overnight diaper standing up because I am running into the shower

Always standing up!

Tricky one... I usually put on my diaper when somewhat reclined, i.e. between standing and lying. I prefer to lie down when putting it on initiallly, and fastening the first two tapes. Then I stand up, to make final adjustments and securing the last two tapes to ensure the best fit.

Back