Spring is upon us in the US. Do we have any fisherman here?

And yes, I can bait my own hookšŸ¤£

• Haha
Reactions: Tomtomthedl
I remember one time about 14 years ago I landed 53 lbs white spring on the Vedder river in chilliwack I bc using a Barbie fishing rod I bought from walmart.
another time I landed a white sturgeon by accident( not allowed to fish for unless on guided trips with special.licence) for an are the a good fight but ugly as all hell. I returned it as fast as I could .
But my all time favourite fish to go for is rainbow or cutthroat trout to put in The smoker.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kittyinpink, Subtlerustle and chamberpot
Love to fish, I go deepsea fishing 4 to 5 times a year for snapper and tuna. I also do a few near shore trips for red drum and shark. I keep my freezer full of fish through winter and spring.

fleckothefennec said:
Well they don't call it "British"Columbia for nothing šŸ˜
my grandad used to live in kamloops in bc. i went there once but he wasnt well so i went down to the US

Tessa said:
Im in Wisconsin and grew up on lakes, of course I fish. One of my favorite past times. Trout especially. Both Brook and Browns. But walleye, perch, bass, bluegill norther pike, lake trout, salmon, and crappie as well. I even do a Musky Tournament every year in mid August.

I recently aquired an 18th century fishing kit. I have a bamboo pole and want to worm dunk trout holes for fun. Would be cool to film a few for YouTube. I'd even dress the part.

Wish I could post some photos of my catches but apperantly the files are too big.
That is really cool. My son and I want to get some smooth bore musket's and do an old school small game hunt. I like stuff like that. I would like to see the kit you have if you want to send me some pics, if not that's cool. Good luck with the bamboo pole.

Great thread. Iā€™m getting stoked to do some more fishing this spring. Iā€™m a block from Lake Ontario and we have lots of big fish but theyā€™re a little tricky to catch.

Big into fishing. Right now it's mostly brown trout and steelhead. I try to get out and fish every weekend as long as it's above freezing!

Last edited:
Reactions: chamberpot
Diaperman0723 said:
I remember one time about 14 years ago I landed 53 lbs white spring on the Vedder river in chilliwack I bc using a Barbie fishing rod I bought from walmart.
another time I landed a white sturgeon by accident( not allowed to fish for unless on guided trips with special.licence) for an are the a good fight but ugly as all hell. I returned it as fast as I could .
But my all time favourite fish to go for is rainbow or cutthroat trout to put in The smoker.
Somewhere, there is a photo of me with 40 fish on a pier ... myself and my friend dave were literally pulling two at a time! Different species, mainly whiting but some codling and pouting. Amazing day! About two hours fishing in early morning and 40 fish.. bbq on pier after (I can't resist!) Great day... long time ago...

Reactions: Diaperman0723 and chamberpot
any uk fisherfolk have advice on how to get into coastal fishing? iv been to fishing lakes with friends a couple of times a year for ages but its not something iv ever done 'in the wild'.
i live near woodbridge in suffolk and have use of a rib if i want but having no experience i literally wouldnt know where to start and what to go for.

Back