Special needs equipment

GO3SBOTHWAY5 said:
I have an atop-chest-o-drawers change space for myself but I'm pretty darn light ...where I call home isn't that big but I'd still love a disabled persons changing table ...the future can't be known and you never know who you'll end up calling a friend.
-
GISW
Do you have a link to that changing table? I put it into Google but nothing came up

icklespace said:
Do you have a link to that changing table? I put it into Google but nothing came up
Sorry to mislead (!!) but it's self made and not a brand, it's just a thick change mat on a chest of drawers and it only just takes my weight (my legs would hang off it so I can never be plank-lying on it) ...it is what a baby would have even though I'm barely an AB at all.
-
GISW

Reactions: icklespace
TillamookMMX said:
How do they work? Is it just a button that is on top of the clamp or is there a cover on top of the button that needs to be lifted? If that is the case, I could probably get out fairly easy as I have long arms and large “child” hands.
a picture is worth ... You squeeze the two side catches as in most of these catches but you also have to depress the rectangular button in the middle. And the covers wrap over the buckle and unlike the illustration you turn the flap toward the back.3 point buckle.jpgbucklecovers.jpg

TillamookMMX said:
What are the chair straps? Do you just wrap something around a leg of a chair?
Here is the chair strap and is used in conjunction with the leash going vertically. and for those who asked here are the crotch straps in use.chair.jpgcrotch strap.jpg

Chamed said:
Once you get us let us know what you think of it.
She is so so lovely and is absolutely amazing

I want a KayserBetten Hannah 135 crib or a custom build based off it. I also want a special needs swing (if I can’t fit in a normal baby/toddler swing) and a carseat and a gait trainer (They’re functionally like baby walkers.). But the price tag of all this... 😔

I haven't received it yet but when you order one she ask about the wearer I was honest about why I wanted one (it gose deeper than just being little so I didn't mention that) but her response was so powerful and I hold it dear to my heart (it means so much to me that I keep reading it over and over again).

Any others people know of, I want to check some out

icklespace said:
I haven't received it yet but when you order one she ask about the wearer I was honest about why I wanted one (it gose deeper than just being little so I didn't mention that) but her response was so powerful and I hold it dear to my heart (it means so much to me that I keep reading it over and over again).
What was her response

diapernh said:
What was her response
Quote from the email "

It's very nice to meet you, thank you so much for your well-written email, you did a fantastic job explaining your situation to me and I'm very grateful for your honesty.

I am hopeful that my harness will make a difference in the way you feel. I know it has worked well for others."

Cool. I’m glad that some people understand that people have needs

tobid03 said:
I want a KayserBetten Hannah 135 crib or a custom build based off it. I also want a special needs swing (if I can’t fit in a normal baby/toddler swing) and a carseat and a gait trainer (They’re functionally like baby walkers.). But the price tag of all this... 😔
You should look for a swing that can bear enough weight, and has ample space in it. While searching on google, I've found one that is perfectly suitable for you. Look at the 7th swing on these swing's list, it is squirrel bucket swing which can easily hold 150 lbs. I hope you weigh less than that. I hope you will easily fit in it, as there is ample space in this swing.

Thijsmc said:
You should look for a swing that can bear enough weight, and has ample space in it. While searching on google, I've found one that is perfectly suitable for you. Look at the 7th swing on these swing's list, it is squirrel bucket swing which can easily hold 150 lbs. I hope you weigh less than that. I hope you will easily fit in it, as there is ample space in this swing.
I’ll keep that in mind. Thanks!

diapernh said:
I’ve always wanted to get one of the special needs cribs, like the sleep safer bed
I have seen a few and the look awesome would be amazing just to experience it even for a night. Especially those hospital style mattresses

diapernh said:
I’ve always wanted to get one of the special needs cribs, like the sleep safer bed
Yeh they look amazing i have seen similar ones with bigger plastic panels

Back