Solar eclipse

denimchicken

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Other
I'm thinking of taking some time off work and going to visit some place along the eclipse path in April. I want to do this because the next eclipse that will fly over north America won't be for a very long time.

Anyone else making plans to see the eclipse? Have any of you traveled to see something time sensitive like this before? I realize the eclipse will not last very long so going for that reason alone would be a bit of a waste. I can pretty much go anyplace along the path. Anyone have any recommendations for things to do outside of witnessing the eclipse?

I'm heading out to see it! Though I could probably see it half decently from my home, I'm going on a trip with some friends to one of the prime spots. Never really traveled for something like this but now that I'm able to I'm excited to go.

As for things to do that really depends on where you're planning on staying. For me, we're staying in an AirBNB and so we're planning things based off of that location. We have some plans for shopping, visiting this golden retriever farm at some point, eating out, visit some cool sites, and just overall hanging out.

Something I also recommend, check out AirBNB. They have a whole section for experiences where you can book different things with people, like farms, photoshoots, painting, food tasting, guided shopping, tours, and a bunch more stuff. We usually use it if we need fillers for our trips and have time and money to spare. :)

Reactions: denimchicken
I saw the last one - it was stunning. Can't make it this year.

The last one I was in the parking lot if my Starbucks. We where sharing our glasses with everyone. We where in a prime location in Montana. Just happened to be home for that one.

Back