So what do you folks do with all your used diaper boxes?

NinjaPizza

Needs more pizza.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
As in, those big cardboard boxes diapers come shipped in.

They're like, super-great boxes! Epic boxes! But now I have too many and they're taking up space inside my closet, but I don't want to throw them away because they're a really good box...

Reactions: NaughtyBoiNathan
NinjaPizza said:
As in, those big cardboard boxes diapers come shipped in.

They're like, super-great boxes! Epic boxes! But now I have too many and they're taking up space inside my closet, but I don't want to throw them away because they're a really good box...
♻️?

Reactions: blaincorrous and MaxxH
My wife tells me to recycle them.

I used to store my nappies in them under my bed, but now I have more dedicated storage I just chop them up with a bread knife (they're perfect for slicing through cardboard) and recycle them. You could also cut the tape on the bottom, fold the boxes flat for storage, then unfold and replace the tape when you want to use them again.

Reactions: Pantyman and antte91
They go down the recycling shoot like all of the other cardboard.

I break mine down flat and use them for storing stuff when needed, like holiday decorations. A box will always have some use somewhere down the line. Also depends on the rigidity of the box. If it's a really big one and was damaged during shipping then it'll get cut up and tossed.
Never toss a good box.

Reactions: antte91
I break them down
Fold them flat
Put them out as recycling every week
Makes me wonder some days what the collection guys think.

I burn mine after they have been collected up for awhile with all the other boxes and stuff

I'm surprised with all the ABs and Littles on here nobody has yet suggested constructing a box fort.

• Haha
Reactions: ade, Jorelaxed, chiaochai and 3 others
I save most of them and recycle others.

I recycle most of my diaper boxes.

• Love
If they're neutral i reuse them to put my paper trash in as per our countries recycling program for pickup.
When not neutral i cut them in pieces and put them in a neutral box so they too go to the recycle center

I post them on facebook marketplace when i've accumulated a large pile, as moving boxes. They are big enough to be annoying to put in the recycle bin, and i can easily keep a stack in the garage. and it makes some random internet stranger happy when they can get 20 good size boxes in one go for free.

Allow your cat(s) to play in them. Then recycle them when the cat gets a new box.

• Love
Reactions: PaddedRita and NaughtyBoiNathan
Since the ones i get are plain brown boxes i keep them for moving day especially since the boxes that i used in the past for moving deteriorate overtime.

Yeah, the boxes I get my diapers in are plain cardboard boxes, so I just wait until I've got enough for it to be sensible to put them out for the recycling truck that comes a few hours after the garbage truck.

Cut them down and put them in recycling bin

• Love
Simple. I don't buy diapers in boxes. I get mine in the store in the plastic packaging. I look for the most absorbent ones I can find, usually in a 20 pack, and hide them in a box I keep my old stuffed animals. I live with my mom and when I snuck diapers in the house when I was first interested, she found them, but now that a good amount of time has past, I rethought where to hide them and it's worked so far. It also helps that with covid still somewhat of an issue, I can keep a low profile when buying diapers. I can wear a mask and no one suspects anything.

I'm a work-from-home engineer who's constantly receiving and shipping parts and projects. Almost every box that comes in the door ends up going back out a few days later with something else in it. My coworkers have all received diaper boxes from me. 🤷 In fact, a box that used to contain PeekABUs will be headed out to door tomorrow. The only boxes I don't reuse are ones that arrive beat up, or ones I (usually accidentally) destroy when opening them.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: ade and NaughtyBoiNathan
Some are used for storage , some are recyclied.

Back