So, Palworld?

WilliamTheKid

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
Anyone tried it? Been playing it on XBox with GamePass, really enjoying it, and quite frankly hoping it lights a fire under GameFreak/Pokemon Company/Nintendo's butts and leads to some innovation in the Pokemon franchise...

How about you fine people, curious on your thoughts and opinions!

It looks interesting. I never got much into Pokémon so that part is a miss for me, leaving it at just another survival and crafting game. That said I do agree that I hope it does force Nintendo to get more innovative and polish their games more. Because looking at they're last few Pokémon releases.. oof does absolutely nothing for bringing in new potential fans of the franchise.

That and I hope they're able to dodge any lawsuits from Nintendo

Reactions: PadPhilosopher
PinkAndLittle said:
It looks interesting. I never got much into Pokémon so that part is a miss for me, leaving it at just another survival and crafting game. That said I do agree that I hope it does force Nintendo to get more innovative and polish their games more. Because looking at they're last few Pokémon releases.. oof does absolutely nothing for bringing in new potential fans of the franchise.

That and I hope they're able to dodge any lawsuits from Nintendo
I don't think Nintendo owns Pokemon, and they're not quite Pokemon; definitely "Pokemon inspired," but not outright copies. How would Nintendo have grounds to sue them?

Nintendo put out a statement telling Pokémon fans to stop sending them messages about how similar some of the pals are to Pokémon and that they're closely monitoring/investigating potential copywrite infringement. So... idk I'm not a lawyer. Nintendo did send a cease and desist to a modder who make Pokémon characters, though that's a cut and dry case. But because of that nexus has totally banned any actual Pokémon palworld mods to be hosted on their site.

@PinkAndLittle definitely worth playing, especially if you're a fan of the ARK/Minecraft style of game, and even if you're not, still worth giving a go, cause yeah, GameFreak have been fumbling the ball lately... And yeah, don't think they have much right to sue, Digimon got away with it, don't see why PalWorld won't...

@PadPhilosopher you're right, Nintendo don't own Pokemon, but they definitely have exclusivity locked down... If Pokemon ever comes to PS/XBox/PC, I'm gonna have to have a steady supply of diapers for real, cause I don't see myself interrupting play for potty breaks lol

WilliamTheKid said:
@PinkAndLittle definitely worth playing, especially if you're a fan of the ARK/Minecraft style of game, and even if you're not, still worth giving a go, cause yeah, GameFreak have been fumbling the ball lately... And yeah, don't think they have much right to sue, Digimon got away with it, don't see why PalWorld won't...

@PadPhilosopher you're right, Nintendo don't own Pokemon, but they definitely have exclusivity locked down... If Pokemon ever comes to PS/XBox/PC, I'm gonna have to have a steady supply of diapers for real, cause I don't see myself interrupting play for potty breaks lol
Gotta catch 'em all. 🤣

I've been playing this for the past week, I'm not big into the Pokemon scene either. This being said, I'm in to survival games and I'm really enjoying it. I've played ARK for years and it feels similar to that with a Pokemon theme. It does feel much easier than most survival games I've played though. Has quite a few bugs, but that was kinda expected, does not ruin the experience though.

WilliamTheKid said:
Anyone tried it? Been playing it on XBox with GamePass, really enjoying it, and quite frankly hoping it lights a fire under GameFreak/Pokemon Company/Nintendo's butts and leads to some innovation in the Pokemon franchise...

How about you fine people, curious on your thoughts and opinions!
Palworld is like a drug to me. I can barely stop playing it. I've been playing Ark Survival Evolved since the release of Scorched Earth on Xbox and since then I've logged almost 2000 hours, mostly in singleplayer or on small friend-hosted games.

I was quite late to trying Palworld, but since I've started I've been addicted. I wasn't sure it was for me when I heard it only being compared to Pokémon, but one day a friend told me it was basically just Ark with Pokémon, automation, and more exploration... Well it went something like this...

load computer open xbox app download palworld pace around for an hour log on play play play play play play play play play play play play play (you get the point)

I haven't got super far into it because I've only been playing it for a few days at time of writing, but I can easily see myself logging at least 500 hours this year. I've been playing on Hard too, that way my first playthrough will take even longer and I'll get even more future replay value.

I've been mostly using a Nitewing for mobility, a Dinossom with some amazing passives (+50% dmg) to just obliterate everything, a Mammorest that I caught at lvl 32 when I was only 24 (super proud of that one, mainly just a flex), a Daedream for the passive bonus with its unique item, and a Gobfin to deal with any fire types that my Dinossom can't get so easily.

What are your current favourite pals / who is in your team?

Back