so im in pull ups full time now

RainbowDashie

🎀🖤Little Girl
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
  2. Incontinent
I recently went to my GYN, (gynecologist) and discussed the need for pull ups. I would prefer diapers but ill take what i can get for my insurance to cover them. I have a long history with urinary leakage and urgency and accidents, and recently had a poo accident due to prune juice. destroying my underwear.

Now i am requesting i guess a script for pull ups for my incontinence which i feel has gotten out of control.

We aren't sure how to proceed yet, but we believe its possible to get them prescribed so i dont have to go out and buy them myself spending 14 bucks a bag , ( on fixed income and cant afford to buy diapers monthly).

They asked ow many id need daily and i said 1-2 on average as most pull ups need changed atleast once a day, twice if you shower. And if i have a accident its a third pull up. honestly like i said, id prefer diapers tab briefs but i will take what they can give me.

Its better then struggling with my IC issues constantly. I like the protection the pull ups give, it makes me less afraid to rush to toilet constantly wetting myself as i run to toilet. Hopefully it will reduce accidents as well.

Reactions: Diprs2
Good luck with it

ABGirl93 said:
Now i am requesting i guess a script for pull ups for my incontinence which i feel has gotten out of control.

We aren't sure how to proceed yet, but we believe its possible to get them prescribed so i dont have to go out and buy them myself spending 14 bucks a bag , ( on fixed income and cant afford to buy diapers monthly).

They asked ow many id need daily and i said 1-2 on average as most pull ups need changed atleast once a day, twice if you shower. And if i have a accident its a third pull up. honestly like i said, id prefer diapers tab briefs but i will take what they can give me.

In Germany it is much easier to get "real" diapers on prescription than Pull-Ups. Pull-Ups are considered "luxury" and will have to be paid extra.
Usually you will get just simple "inlays", but for poop they do not work proper, so you would get the next best thing for it: Tape Diapers with lower absorbancy.

But the US system is a lot different, so, good luck!

Last edited:
From what I gather the protective briefs that are covered are usually subpar. I mean, I suppose given a choice between junky pull-ups and soaked clothes, the pull-ups are a better option. But not by much. That’s not meant to discourage you. Just know that you may have to advocate even more to get higher quality incontinence products covered.

I did this for a while then my OAB got better. For now I wear pads during the day and a pullup at night. I go between light-mdt incontinence. If I wasn't in a relationship I would just wear all the time. It's so much less stress just wearing one 24/7

Yeah I knew they wouldn’t cover premium products for Medicaid but it’s worth a try

you should be able to get them fairly easy and get to choose what you want i will tell you this there are companies out there that supply them on your insurance you have ask them for samples and they will help you get them when you sample them just pick what you like then the company will take the info from the ones you tried and go from there i will also say from what i have went threw on this they will not be very good what so ever i have had to change up a lot of things to be able to buy out of pocket what i need the ones they sent for me i was scared to even leave the house in

In the US my flex spending will cover pads and diapers without a script from the doctor. I don't make it a habit but I have used it to buy tab diapers and boosters more than once.

Back