Snap versus pull on plastic pants

DLPeakOut

Lifelong DL
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I tend to use pull on plastic pants and although i have snaps and very seldom use them. Do others have preference or situations where you prefer one style over the other?

Last edited:
I prefer pull-on as its whats my mum always used on my younger brothers and sisters at home.

Reactions: Brumas94 and DLPeakOut
Pull on so there is less chance of leaking.
Snap on would be beneficial for hot summer days for ventilation

Reactions: DLPeakOut
pull on plastic pants

Reactions: Brumas94
I find snap ons are brilliant if you want to put on or take them off without having to take off your jammies. Just pull em down, snap on or snap off.

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen, Tommy10 and DLPeakOut
Pull on although being changed with snap one is rather nice.

Reactions: Brumas94 and sissybaby34
well, pull ons are my go to, but i do know that when i was needing help a snap one would be handy, but at that time, i wasnt walking at all, or even able to sit up, and not much feeling, so there was a lot of changes, prob more than need be.

I actually dont have any snap sides, i figured that would really compromise the waterproofness so much that i wasnt ever going to give them a chance. Now some say for heat/breathing bit i've been sleeping in diapers forever, and as for daytime, been there on/off forever and last decade 24/7 is just the only real option. So i'm most likely just not going to be bothered with the heat as never really had anything different, like trying to sleep without a diaper just feels so weird that i cant do it, even if having a bad rash, and a pad down under me, just cant get comfortable, so havent even tried in like 15 years or better.

From the beginning, I've always had 50% pull-on and 50% snap-on plastic pants. When they became available, I added LeakMaster PUL pants, again 50% pull-on and 50% snap-on. The 50/50 balance was recently skewed when I added 7 NorthShore Trifecta pull-on covers. Whether I use pull-on or snap-on, plastic or PUL, is based on my requirements at the moment. Believe it or not, each type of cover provides its own benefits.

Reactions: Teddy02
Pull ons were the only ones I was ever put into as a child. So those are the types I love to wear now. I always loved pulling them on ever so slowly and adjusting them as they fit so snug over my diaper. I even would for fun just pull on one by itself occasionally ...yes sensory arousal overload pulling on a pair on by itself!.

Mostly I use pull-on plastic pants when I go to sleep. Rarely during the day though I do wear them occasionally. For sleeping, I tend to sleep on my side. That's the reason I wear the pull-on plastic pants. Keeps from leaking. Just in case I use 3' x 4' bed pads but hardly leak on them. To be honest, I've never purchased snap pp's.

I wear pull-on plastic pants exclusively. Snap-on pants are not truly waterproof. The gaps between the snaps allow for the passage of moisture, especially when laying on the side. Since I often wear cloth (cotton) diapers to bed, this creates a leakage problem and extra laundry. Pull-on plastic pants for me, thank you.

Snap ones always seem to come unbuttoned for me

When one is permanently disabled there can be times that it is impossible to "pull-on" a diaper cover, let alone dress. At those times I resort to a snap-on cover and disability clothing, making changes possible, including changing the cover if necessary.

A snap-on cover shouldn't leak anymore than a pull-on cover when used properly. When used with a cloth diaper, both types of covers will leak along the waist or leg bands when the diaper reaches over saturation. That is why double diapering is typical for bedtime, to avoid over saturation or a change during the night. As long as the diaper(s) are not over saturated, urine doesn't pool within the cover, which is why snap-on covers work.

If either type of cover is used with a disposable it simply provides a secondary barrier to catch a leak as it escapes the disposable; urine is pooling within the cover. Both types will fail if the diaper and cover are not changed quickly. Diaper covers are meant as moisture barriers. They can be only be temporarily effective as leak catchers. Let's not get started about lined diaper covers!

I prefer pull-ons and that is all I have at this time.

When I was wetting the bed when I was 9 to 12 years old, I wore plastic pants that snapped. Not opposed to using them again, just prefer the pull-ons.

I wear pull-ons for bedwetting and snap-ons for daytime protection.

Reactions: Teddy02 and jbond007
Well, I have a couple hundred pull-on plastic pants and two snap-on. That gives a good idea of my preference. One of those is a bikini-cut one that was given to me by Mike of Fetware as a trial when he was thinking of making that configuration an item on his website.

Reactions: DLPeakOut and jbond007
I believe I’d have only had pull-ons as a kid, which is probably why I purchased and used pull-ons as an adult. They definitely provide better leak control and can go over thicker nappies plus I love how they puff out more than snap-ons. But having said all that, I do own several pairs of snap-on plastic pants which I find exciting to use. I love their convenience during changes where you don’t want to remove your shoes and pants totally. They are great for wearing when leaks are low risk or when they can be dealt with quickly, such as just hanging around the house or when in the car.

Last edited:
I view snap-on plastic and PUL pants like snap-on and velcro underwear; a product for a niche market. They make a world of difference if/when you need them. A buddy of mine broke his leg playing football when we were in high school. He wore a cast halfway up his thigh. The hospital gave him boxers that snapped up the sides. Why wear snap-on or velcro underwear unless you need them?

CheshireCat said:
When one is permanently disabled there can be times that it is impossible to "pull-on" a diaper cover, let alone dress. At those times I resort to a snap-on cover and disability clothing, making changes possible, including changing the cover if necessary.

A snap-on cover shouldn't leak anymore than a pull-on cover when used properly.
I completely understand about disabled people, incontinent or not. Snap-on pp's could help for those disabled. But for me, I'm not disabled. I'm simply IC. As I noted, I wear pull-on pp's because when I sleep, I tend to sleep on my side. Pull-on pp's gave better secure and prevent possible leaks when sleeping. Snap-on's would certainly help those that have difficult pulling on pull-on's. As for the way I experience pull-on's (side sleeping), they help reduce leaking. That's the way I wear them.

Pull on all the way for me. Snap-on may well be easier to change when out and about though.

Back