Sleeping with a pacifier

I find my paci helps me get to sleep quicker makes me more sleepy easily 😄

Reactions: KrankyPants
Uhm. I usually try to fall asleep with my paci. But over the years I got used to sleeping with my plushies way more and that’s what makes me feel uneasy when taken away.

For me paci alone won’t do the trick. I need a safe space. I don’t feel like using a paci helps me fall asleep faster or sleep better. That’s down to other factors.

I might simply need a new paci too. I remember latex NUK5 being more comforting than my current silicone nipple paci from Baby Pants. I don’t own a paci clip now either. I need that too. But 99% of the time my paci is just next to my pillow. I find that I never wake up sucking on a paci these days too. It always falls out.

Reactions: DavidNixon
I love to go to sleep with a adult size paci.
But i use it so well that i am sore in the mouth in the morning.
Anyone have the same issue?

Reactions: DavidNixon
AMATOR said:
I have the same issue, but not nightly.

I have three Rearz Paci's... I tried the LittleForBig Paci, but prefer the Rearz. I have one of their German XL Size 10 Latex Pacis, one of their Size 10 Butterfly Silicon Paci's, and a Size 6 silicon paci. I don't use the size 6 anymore as I'm now use to the size 10's. The two size 10's both feel so much different and fit much differently in my mouth. I've come to like the German XL Size 10 over the silicon size 10 as it goes a bit further in my mouth and it's flat on the bottom for my tongue to press on. I'm still trying to get it to stay in all night... there was a few nights when I first started using the size 10 that is was in my mouth when I woke up during the night, but now it seems to be a hit of miss.... Something else I observed is upon waking up, it almost felt like my lower jaw was jittering, almost like a reflex or suckling? Not sure lol, anyone else experience this? I'm really looking forward to going to sleep with it in and waking up with it still in!

I love my paci! It's pink and has a Hello Kitty sticker on it. I can't use it much or else it messes up my straightened teeth.

when I finally get my wisdom teeth out I may start using the one I have more often to relax more

AMATOR said:
Yes. It took me some time to get use to but I sleep better regardless. The soreness eventually went away.

I have slept with one almost every night for a while but this was the first time I caught myself subconsciously sucking on it while I fell asleep. Most of the time I have to tell myself to suck on it and it just never felt natural. Now it feels so relaxing to just watch cartoons and suck on a paci without thinking.

Every night I have my pacifier, I cant sleep with out it and bunny. I am totaly addicted to it now, it feels so natural. I even have cravings for it during the day, when nobody is around it just pops in my month. I guess little me is talking over, hehee.

Last edited:
I have a soother most nights and some times get distressed when i misplace what ever is my soother of the moment .I do not get a sore mouth because when i fall asleep it falls out .i also have a soother in day time.

I'm so excited, I just had to share!

I've been sleeping in diapers on my nights off, and I've been slowly training myself to keep sucking on my soother while I'm lying in bed. Obviously my final goal was to get myself to keep sucking in my sleep to help with regression.

Welp, last night, it finally happened! I had clipped my pacifier to my comfort pillow that I was hugging as I dozed off. When I woke up, my paci was still firmly in my mouth! I thought it would take way longer to get to this stage, but I guess certain natural reflexes just come easy.

• Love
Reactions: WillFord384 and BobbiSueEllen
Canadoodle said:
I'm so excited, I just had to share!

I've been sleeping in diapers on my nights off, and I've been slowly training myself to keep sucking on my soother while I'm lying in bed. Obviously my final goal was to get myself to keep sucking in my sleep to help with regression.

Welp, last night, it finally happened! I had clipped my pacifier to my comfort pillow that I was hugging as I dozed off. When I woke up, my paci was still firmly in my mouth! I thought it would take way longer to get to this stage, but I guess certain natural reflexes just come easy.
I know, right? Sleeping à la toddlér is the best feeling around! Waking up in a t-shirt and warm, super-squishy-wet diaper, still cuddling a big teddy bear, still sucking on a binky...then grabbing the bottle next to your bed and laying there, sucking it down while still squeezing your teddy tight. Being a toddler isn't just for toddlers anymore! 🧸🍼🥰🥳

Reactions: ARBBB2, ABdrew, Deleted member 41919 and 1 other person
G
I got 3 of them 2 years ago and have not slept with out since, only 3 times did I wake up without it in my mouth, I love to baby talk with it in also,googoogaagaa, makes me regress so fast!

Last edited:
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
ChrisKrinkle said:
I've been working on that. Always had issues trying to breath...getting better
I have the same issue, I don't know how long it'll take me to be able to sleep with one.

• Wow
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Been sleeping every night with a pacifier, some nights I sleep great, other nights too much drool, pacifier is cocked weird or the handle gets tipped up.
Some nights I will have the trifecta, fall asleep with my pacifier, a plush rattle in my in one hand, and one of my stuffed animals or security blankets in my other arm.

And I almost forgot, a diaper, so I guess it really isn't the trifecta.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and WillFord384
DavidNixon said:
Yeah, I got 3 from "little for big" and they are amazing. Stopped grinding my teeth. I love em
I grind my teeth every night. I have 5 pacifiers and just can't get into it. I should if its helped you stop the grinding. I'd love to suck it in my sleep. That must be comforting.

I have 3 pacifiers and I love them. It made me stop grinding my teeth. Plus it's comforting.

I cant sleep without my paci, Im a baby, its what we babies do, hehee

Back