sizing?

Finny

Autistic
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Came across a preferred brand and style. However, the small size fits a bit snug, so led to trying the medium which is a bit big. Not had leak issues in either, so is it better to go with the size small or medium? Tapes on the small fit right on the hip bone part in the front. On the medium, the tapes especially the top two nearly overlap. Overall, tend to prefer the size small because theyre more discreet under underpants and the size small is green while the mediums come in white. Outside of that, there's not really a functional way of picking between the two. Used to pull up styles where the tapes aren't an issue, and not familiar with proper fit here.

Which ones are they?
I'd prefer the larger size over being in too small of a diaper.

Probably best to find a different brand. Ive noticed the same thing with smalls. Some say they go up to 34/35 inches and fit small. And others up to 31" and are huge.

I personally prefer to go a little larger in that situation as long as it doesn't cause leaks. Mediums have better absorbency sometimes and I like the additional rise.

MickeyM said:
Which ones are they?
I'd prefer the larger size over being in too small of a diaper.
Tranquility Smartcore. I just can't really tell how it's supposed to properly fit, more snug or not at all.

Squirrely said:
I personally prefer to go a little larger in that situation as long as it doesn't cause leaks. Mediums have better absorbency sometimes and I like the additional rise.
So far, I've not had an issue with it holding a full void. Either size. The packaging on the small says it holds 22 fl oz (or 2.75 cups), and I change as soon as realizing it's wet. The medium packaging says 28 oz (or 3.5 cups). For me, the difference is negligible in terms of functional usage.

Back