Situations where there simply isn’t a bathroom and diapers make sense

Diamond said:
There's rumours that Amazon drivers do their job padded, not sure how true it is. I did a thread earlier about, wouldn't it be great if nappys were just the norm, no having to do the desprete wee tap or physically holding yourself
I fit in that category. I'm an Amazon delivery driver. I deliver to post offices. It's not like we're on the road for hours and hours all the time, I mean sometimes I'll get an 80-90 mile route, but Amazon has restrooms available that we can use before our departure. I tend to drink a crap load of coffee, but it's not like I have to go every 2 hours. Post offices have restrooms I can use too, so there's no desperation having to pee, but #2, that may be a different story, and I happen to have one. One that I shared here I think it was under the title ' when do you wish your were diapered?'

I was waiting outside an Amazon, and the routes weren't sent yet, so I was screwed
because I couldn't go so I would've had to #1 go to security, and wait for a badge, #2 go through security with my truck, and find a spot to park where I wouldn't be blocking a door ( a door to back your truck into), and #3 run inside and find where the hell the bathrooms were! No time for any of that mess. All I had was a coffee cup, and as a trucker, we have those for #1's, but this time, it was a desperate #2. I don't ever wear diapers while driving because there's a chance somebody else will use the truck after me, and I don't want to, in any way, make the cab smell like somebody was wearing a diaper. Maybe baby diapers can help with a desperate #2 if need be, but that's rare. We truckers have our contingencies.

Jorelaxed said:
I totally agree with you Sofiainpampers
Women’s restrooms can be so disgusting!

Reactions: bedwetterdavid and Jorelaxed
Some of the places I have personally been and was very glad I was wearing a diaper:
*Professional baseball game
*Any Amusement park
*Any concert
*Every airplane I’ve flown on
*New York City (nobody lets you use it)
*Chicago (same reason)
*Disney world
*Every road trip I have been on
*My daughter’s dance recital
*Broadway shows
*Auto shows
*Golf shows
*Any public event where they only have port-a-potties
*Skiing in Vail and Breckinridge (actually any skiing)
*X-country skiing with my son
*snowmobiling in the UP of Michigan
*Fishing with my uncle
*Tram ride in Palm Springs
*Stuck in a 4-hour traffic jam
*SCUBA diving in Biscayne NP, Florida
*Hiking camelback mountain in Phoenix
*Hiking Angels landing in Zion NP, Utah

I used to be paranoid about leaks, but I recently discovered ProTec Briefs and those have solved that anxiety completely. Wish I had discovered them sooner. Not a single wet spot on my pants since.

Last edited:
Reactions: surprise35 and Babynie
SofiaInPampers said:
Women’s restrooms can be so disgusting!
Not to mention Porta Potties which are totally groce!!

I’ve always wondered about those tower cranes. You know the ones that are 200’ up. You have to climb all the way up there. Seems like it would just make sense to use a diaper.

Reactions: tunafish, grst, AJFan2020 and 2 others
Glider pilots wear diapers on cross country flights, which can easily last more than 8 hours without possibility of a bathroom break.

Especially female pilots, lacking other options due to anatomical reasons. But also some male pilots, even though in general they prefer other options like urinal condoms.

Reactions: tunafish, AJFan2020 and Deleted member 39193
I don't have easy access to a bathroom at my parents house.
I also completely soaked my peekabu diaper on my record breaking 14 hour 10 minute 1050 mile drive back to my parents house for our kitties "funeral"

• Sad
Reactions: Jorelaxed
MickeyM said:
I don't have easy access to a bathroom at my parents house.
I also completely soaked my peekabu diaper on my record breaking 14 hour 10 minute 1050 mile drive back to my parents house for our kitties "funeral"
1050 miles in just over 14 hours is DAMNED IMPRESSIVE!~ My best ever is Pittston, Pa to Jacksonville Fla in 12 hours and 1 minute.....wasn't under 90 the majority of the drive which included stopping for gas 3x, multiple coffee stops as I had less than 3 hours sleep the night before and eating dinner for roughly 45 minutes, making the total driving time under 11 hours.

My most recent "land speed record" was Elizabethtown, Pa to Pittston Pa in 91 minutes, including a stop for gas, coffee and a quick "power dump" lol. I was exhausted and HURTING horribly as I overdid the hell out of it 3 days straight helping one of my best friends set up everything for their wedding (reception place was an old barn in a vineyard @ a winery in SC Pa) which included everything NEEDING to be removed immediately after the reception ended @ 9PM...... I could hardly stand, back was cooked & head was pounding. Got passed by 2 morons from NY (must have been running together but NEVER left the Left lane, which is illegal & annoying...gave them a 2/10 mile head start and matched their speed 95+). One did get nailed right before the I81/I80 split but I had plenty of warning as brake lights are better than a radar detector LOL....

I do take frequent trips to 30 miles east of Nashville.....803 miles from door to door of my best friend's house. Best time to date is 11 hours &17 minutes. Average with traffic is closer to 13, worst ever was 19 hours as 81 was physically closed for 16 hours which sent me on a 150 mile detour after sitting (sleeping) in traffic, engine off for almost 6 hours.......

I usually wear a Betterdry with a booster on my Nashville trips and rarely have to change until I arrive. I was wearing after the wedding but didn't feel like having to take a shower when I got home which is why i stopped for gas/bathroom break. I have urinary issues that are medical in nature but outside of functional incontinence when incapable of standing/walking (occasionally in the winter) I'm alright on the #2 end.

Access to bathrooms becomes even more difficult when you have a disability, especially one that requires a wheelchair, like mine does.
Not only are accessible bathrooms harder to find, very often they become storerooms; filling up the space so much that they become inaccessible for me.

Even though I can still walk short distances, I can't move fast. And I don't get much warning from my bladder at the best of times - I feel it, but I struggle to control it - and often can't run to a toilet in time - because I can't run. Period.

This is why I'm padded 24/7. I shouldn't be embarrassed about having to wear them, but it does get to me sometimes.
Still, it's better than being in denial about it and trying to go without them, and leak everywhere.

Breathe Deep, Seek Peace
Dinotopian2002

Reactions: Jorelaxed
Long lectures at uni. Especially when you sit in the middle of the row. I wore diapers for the first time today in uni during a lecture and it was awesome!

Reactions: antte91 and RachelOlivia
I often denied myself for years and now I wear on all travel just to be safe and so I can drink all the water I actually need. Plus I go to a lot of concerts, theatre shows (with no intermission), and dance performances where it is needed (for me) or just way better than being stressed out the whole time. While being a DL never seemed like an awesome thing, now I am grateful that I have A LOT of diapers for all situations. I can sometimes wear a thin diaper when I don't want anyone to know, like work or on travel I sometimes let myself wear a full plastic diaper so I don't have to stress about changing myself every few hours.
I wish more people embraced this as a way of not being stressed out by dirty public bathrooms, long trips, concerts, festivals, and other events where it is just smart. I am older (well 49), than maybe most of you but many friends my age complain about needing the bathroom more urgently and even some admit to incontinence but very few even consider diapers or pull-ups at all.

Reactions: RachelOlivia
surprise35 said:
I often denied myself for years and now I wear on all travel just to be safe and so I can drink all the water I actually need. Plus I go to a lot of concerts, theatre shows (with no intermission), and dance performances where it is needed (for me) or just way better than being stressed out the whole time. While being a DL never seemed like an awesome thing, now I am grateful that I have A LOT of diapers for all situations. I can sometimes wear a thin diaper when I don't want anyone to know, like work or on travel I sometimes let myself wear a full plastic diaper so I don't have to stress about changing myself every few hours.
I wish more people embraced this as a way of not being stressed out by dirty public bathrooms, long trips, concerts, festivals, and other events where it is just smart. I am older (well 49), than maybe most of you but many friends my age complain about needing the bathroom more urgently and even some admit to incontinence but very few even consider diapers or pull-ups at all.
It makes life so much easier. As you say, if only it was more accepted by society at large.

I often drive on long long trips always diapered, can't convince my wife that it is the best way to travel.

chamberpot said:
I often drive on long long trips always diapered, can't convince my wife that it is the best way to travel.
On the odd occasion I am on a trip alone I go nappied. Daren't tell my wife, she would freak out.

Long drives! Rest stops in my area always seem to be closed or incredibly busy. Once you master changing in drivers seat of your car, road trips are never the same.

Reactions: Jorelaxed, antte91 and Diamond
Nowdays there is a quite a lot of situations where diaper make sense.

First on my list is definitely a travel, exp. when going buy bus or plane. Simply to much people around, limited or no toilet.

Driving on highways/ motorways are always better when diapered. To get stucked in traffic jam and you need to go to toilet is recipe for disaster if you don’t have diaper.

Concerts/ festivals/ amusement park.
To much people, not enough or horrible toilet facilities. Long waiting times commands to be diapered. Definitely using for no.1 and saves you if you can’t reach toilet for no.2.
No2. aleays try to do in toilet because cleanning up if done diaper, clean up is horrible. But if you can’t get to toilet on time,then diaaper is a lifesaver

Skiing / Winter hiking
Getting to toilet on ski slopes is almost Mision Impossible. Long lines, cramped toilet boots, having a ski equipment with you, time until you remove clothing ( usually overal ) and layers under overal
Diaper saved me numerous times during skiing.
Always in highest capacity diaper with plastic/pvc pull up pants and short spandex snap-on onesie. Life saver!!!

City sightseeing
Cinema
When really tired/ill and in bed
Having cold and be outside your home

• Love
Reactions: lonnie, SofiaInPampers, Deleted member 39193 and 4 others
Deep in the woods hunting or just hiking and there's not a toilet around for miles.
Your choices are drop your pants and drop your load, or fill your diaper and change whenever you get the chance.

Reactions: Padded90sKid, MellowUrchin and Jorelaxed
wearforsafety said:
Nowdays there is a quite a lot of situations where diaper make sense.

First on my list is definitely a travel, exp. when going buy bus or plane. Simply to much people around, limited or no toilet.

Driving on highways/ motorways are always better when diapered. To get stucked in traffic jam and you need to go to toilet is recipe for disaster if you don’t have diaper.

Concerts/ festivals/ amusement park.
To much people, not enough or horrible toilet facilities. Long waiting times commands to be diapered. Definitely using for no.1 and saves you if you can’t reach toilet for no.2.
No2. aleays try to do in toilet because cleanning up if done diaper, clean up is horrible. But if you can’t get to toilet on time,then diaaper is a lifesaver

Skiing / Winter hiking
Getting to toilet on ski slopes is almost Mision Impossible. Long lines, cramped toilet boots, having a ski equipment with you, time until you remove clothing ( usually overal ) and layers under overal
Diaper saved me numerous times during skiing.
Always in highest capacity diaper with plastic/pvc pull up pants and short spandex snap-on onesie. Life saver!!!

City sightseeing
Cinema
When really tired/ill and in bed
Having cold and be outside your home
I used to ski regularly and wearing diapers would have been so much better than faffing-around battling with one-piece ski suits, layer and underwear.
These days I agree wearing in bed when really tired is perfect!

Reactions: antte91, RachelOlivia and Jorelaxed
Driving on longer trips (over an hour for me) requires a diaper just in case. Shopping downtown is another. Even the nicer stores downtown are notorious for not having avalable restrooms. And many times now, I’ve been thankful I wear diapers, when looking at the long lines at games, concerts and fairs.

Reactions: antte91, RachelOlivia and Jorelaxed
mantilla said:
Glider pilots wear diapers on cross country flights, which can easily last more than 8 hours without possibility of a bathroom break.

Especially female pilots, lacking other options due to anatomical reasons. But also some male pilots, even though in general they prefer other options like urinal condoms.
I think small plane pilots (and passengers) might as well too. After three hours from peeing, there's a good chance I gotta go if I drank water with a meal for example. Tough luck if you gotta go, even on a short flight...

Always wondered how many people have decided to land early because they couldn't hold it on a long flight and they didn't have anywhere to go (like a bottle or for females).

Plus, bottles suck. I've used regular sized bottles but they could never hold enough and most bottle openings are pretty small...

Back