Single tape diapers and the perfect fit

Status
Not open for further replies.
SweetPrincess said:
well the sample deal only works if you buy two samples for $15 I found out which I did anyway cause I want to try them.

You are correct, sorry I misread it :(

SweetPrincess said:
I like the thickness of ABU space and I think they fit better from memory but I don't like the design. It feels too "boyish" I only really want diapers that are either babyish, feminine or neutral (plain white).

Understandable, I also think you gotta have the nappies that you love!

SweetPrincess said:
though recently I figured out the canal thing I think. It makes it less of a inwards crease at the back and more bearable though doubt I will be buying these again in this size.

Great to hear you will be able to use them and not waste them!

SweetPrincess said:
I am pretty small I guess I am usually borderline medium or small for shirts and things so I'd guess it shouldn't come as a surprise.

SDKs are one of my favorites cause of the white, single tape and cute design like I had as a child. I hope they get the smalls in larger quantities some time.

I am always wanting to drop a few KGs, funny to think everything has a trade off!

I do hope ABU goes to the case model for smalls sooner rather than later!

well just tried the smalls and the edges of the front panel barely come around enough to tape on the nappy. I still get the same kind of inner crease as before just slightly less obtrusive. I think it's because they're both on too tight lol. The mediums are slightly too big so I have to make it tighter by moving the tabs closer together and the smalls are slightly too small so it ends up being tight. I can't win!
They're not horrible and I'd consider buying a case but the padding at the back doesn't go very high either. However looking at the stock photos it appears more like that and maybe it doesn't feel right because I was used to the other bigger ones.
The tabs are 21.5 cm away and that's on about as tight as I would want it to be comfortable.
What distance are your tabs?

if you're attaching down the tapes parallel to each other you might consider angling them a bit. This can be a lot more important with two tape diapers than with four. Note the slight angling for a snug waist without pinching around the leg:

attachment.php

SweetPrincess said:
well just tried the smalls and the edges of the front panel barely come around enough to tape on the nappy. I still get the same kind of inner crease as before just slightly less obtrusive. I think it's because they're both on too tight lol. The mediums are slightly too big so I have to make it tighter by moving the tabs closer together and the smalls are slightly too small so it ends up being tight. I can't win!
They're not horrible and I'd consider buying a case but the padding at the back doesn't go very high either. However looking at the stock photos it appears more like that and maybe it doesn't feel right because I was used to the other bigger ones.
The tabs are 21.5 cm away and that's on about as tight as I would want it to be comfortable.
What distance are your tabs?

Oh bugger.

The medium have a generous fit for me, these tapes are generally 25cm apart with heaps of taping panel before but I guess everything will be smaller in a small size :(

I know they aren’t here in Oz (yet hopefully) but I wonder how the DC Amor small would fit you?

I was never a big fan of the single tape variety but decided to give it another go with the ABUKiddos (i just love the look.) And they fit spectacularly with a good snug downward angle on the tapes. So maybe try them? A lot comes down to your own personal shape, i recon.

I don’t have any issues with 2 or 4 tape diapers, they both fit great on me. I prefer 2 tape over 4 tapes for daytime use and 4 tape for night time use

Argent said:
Oh bugger.

The medium have a generous fit for me, these tapes are generally 25cm apart with heaps of taping panel before but I guess everything will be smaller in a small size :(

I know they aren’t here in Oz (yet hopefully) but I wonder how the DC Amor small would fit you?

25cm? Interesting. Maybe they are meant to fit that far apart but even still the padding awfully short at the back in comparison. I would love to try the DC armor so cute! Hope they do come to Australia.

bambinod said:
if you're attaching down the tapes parallel to each other you might consider angling them a bit. This can be a lot more important with two tape diapers than with four. Note the slight angling for a snug waist without pinching around the leg
Just tried it and same crease :( Pretty sure it has to do with tightness.

SweetPrincess said:
25cm? Interesting. Maybe they are meant to fit that far apart but even still the padding awfully short at the back in comparison. I would love to try the DC armor so cute! Hope they do come to Australia.

My top tapes generally fit between 6 and 10 inches apart, 23cm would be reasonable. I believe that's about the distance I have with MyDiaper. (which is one of the smallest "size large" out there)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back