SimplyMedical.com ???

iluvdps2

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Anyone ever order from SimplyMedical.com ? I ask because they have plastic backed Abena L4 cases for $43 with free shipping. Seems like a super good deal, almost too good.

I have not purchased Abena L4 diapers in a couple of years, but they were always one of my favorites. I avoided ABDL diapers for a long time out of denial of my ABDL desires, but have recently started using Northshore Supreme, Megamax, and the Crinklz. The Abenas at this price point are very attractive.

Thoughts?

I purchased some diapers and then got an additional discount for posting a review. They ship from Virginia. I got both shipment within 1-2 days.

Reactions: iluvdps2
I ordered 2 cases of Abena L4 plastic backed diapers on Tuesday morning...and they arrived Wednesday afternoon with free shipping. With a discount code on their homepage, it came out to $1.08 per diaper. That is amazing. They appear to be a direct to consumer arm of McKesson Medical, which I did not know until I looked at the address the package shipped from.
Anyway, highly recommend this place if you're in the market for Abena M4/L4 diapers.

One caveat....they don't do discreet shipping. My cases showed up in boxes with large green stripes that said "4168 L4" and on one side there was a descriptor "3x12 L4 briefs." Not a big deal for me since my wife knows and we're both working from home these days. However, the incredible price does come with that one drawback....

iluvdps2 said:
I ordered 2 cases of Abena L4 plastic backed diapers on Tuesday morning...and they arrived Wednesday afternoon with free shipping. With a discount code on their homepage, it came out to $1.08 per diaper. That is amazing. They appear to be a direct to consumer arm of McKesson Medical, which I did not know until I looked at the address the package shipped from.
Anyway, highly recommend this place if you're in the market for Abena M4/L4 diapers.
Let me top that... Just bought a case of some "McKesson Ultra Briefs, Heavy"

That's 96 diapers... For $33!

$0.34 per diaper isn't bad, even if they're low to mid-tier. Even if they're just in-between diapers or if I want to save a good diaper, like a megamax, that's still a pretty good price. The reviews I saw online seemed decent and they said they're thick. They seem to be pretty close to the top of the stack in terms of absorbency in McKesson's lineup, so this may turn out to be a really good deal.

Reactions: iluvdps2
ronnieM said:

$0.34 per diaper isn't bad, even if they're low to mid-tier. Even if they're just in-between diapers or if I want to save a good diaper, like a megamax, that's still a pretty good price. The reviews I saw online seemed decent and they said they're thick. They seem to be pretty close to the top of the stack in terms of absorbency in McKesson's lineup, so this may turn out to be a really good deal.
Please post a review when you get them so I know how they turn out. I'm not opposed to trying other brands, I'm just not sure what is good when we're not discussing top shelf stuff, if that makes any sense. I'm also diving back into this after a decade away where I've only worn when I can hide it. I remember Abena L4, so I wanted to relive that dream. I'm not disappointed right now either.

If this is right, this is insane...
Untitled.png

34 cents a diaper AND overnight shipping??? I'm starting to like this company...

I've ordered multiple times from SimplyMedical.com. Legit business. They carry a number of good brands (Abena, Molicare, Seni, Tena, etc.), but check pricing, as there are some brands that SimplyMedical.com crushes the competition, but others may be gotten elsewhere for a slightly better price.

Like RonnieM, I've also ordered the McKesson Ultra Briefs, Heavy. They are better than store branded diapers (CVS, Walgreens, Walmart, etc.), able to handle more than a single wetting, but they are not an Abena M4 or L4, or a Tena Super. They run small, so do not push the size limit or you may not be able to properly fasten the tapes. Though cloth backed, they do not seep or weep, keeping your clothes dry. They are so cheap I bought them for those times when I need to change immediately, but can't jump in the shower for 30-40 minutes. I found out they are good enough that I can use them at home, if I'm physically able to change on a regular schedule. Four diapers through the day for only $1.32... not bad. (I use MEGAMAX for days when I'm not physically up for constant changing, and always use MEGAMAX for bedtime)

If you heavily flood your diaper, the McKesson Ultra Briefs, Heavy will probably handle it well, if you are standing, but you may want to avoid sitting for a few minutes. For me, sitting with a diaper cover on a bed pad, I have had reasonable floods and constant dribbles and leaked into the diaper cover several times, but never onto the bedpan. And I have gone through several cases now.

SimplyMedical.com is in Virginia, but the McKesson Briefs ship from the McKesson warehouse in Illinois. I'm in North Carolina and it takes two days for me to get them.

I used to order tabbed briefs through Sams Club and the outer box was marked Mc Kesson and the packages inside were unmarked . I got some Mc Kesson tabbed diapers at a thrift store that was labeled “ super plus”. They both appear to be the same. My opinion is that they are for light use. A tabbed version of depends.

I have got my last 3 cases of Abena L4's from simplymedical.com and I also ordered the McKesson Ultra briefs as well just because the price was too good to beat and they turned out to be better than the Assurance stretch briefs I was using for an in between diaper. All in all I have had great luck and quick shipping. Though as it was said above, they do not have discreet shipping in the Abenas. For me it doesn't matter because most of the people that know me are aware I am incontinent. But I will say that a guest came over and brought the case in and had no idea I was incontinent or that they were diapers.

ronnieM said:

Well? How have those McKesson Ultra Briefs been treating you?

iluvdps2 said:
It was too good to last. In the last day, the price for a case of M4/L4 went up to $64 from $43 (before discounts). There are now a number of other online retailers that can beat that price.

iluvdps2 said:
It was too good to last. In the last day, the price for a case of M4/L4 went up to $64 from $43 (before discounts). There are now a number of other online retailers that can beat that price.
Well darn, I wonder if this post and others increased their sales enough to increase cost or if there is a supply issue going on?

At $64 dollars a case that puts the cost being pennies less than Better Dry. Guess I need to try those out now.

LLMEDICO has always been $54 with free shipping. I love the mat design and wicking function of Abena L4's. My only complaint is alot of loose grains of SAP in the rear left side waistline. these are sharp and irriate my skin. So, I have to comb/pick them out using my finger nails in advance of putting them on. Not hard, just a pain to do. Strange that these loose particles only show up on the left side.

ArchtopK said:
LLMEDICO has always been $54 with free shipping. I love the mat design and wicking function of Abena L4's. My only complaint is alot of loose grains of SAP in the rear left side waistline. these are sharp and irriate my skin. So, I have to comb/pick them out using my finger nails in advance of putting them on. Not hard, just a pain to do. Strange that these loose particles only show up on the left side.
I have never, ever noticed that. I will look for it next time but I hope this isn't a case of someone asking me about that ringing noise in my ears, and then noticing it for the first time and never being able to not hear it from that point forward. :)

Like other random issues with these, this could just be a production fluke which will vanish eventually. like the poorly shaped pad I mentioned last year, that cleared up later on.

ArchtopK said:
I'm not sure what you mean about the SAP having sharp grains. What I always get is little grains of plastic that were not uniformly melted into the plastic backing. That is pretty common with most cases I get.

Back