side sleeping diaper what is it about crinkles?

binkyb

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
Hi I've been reading a lot of the post on here and you a lot of mention is the ability of crinkles brand not leaking when you are a side sleeper. I was just wondering what is it that they have that other very absorbant brands don't ie 24/7s, megamax, magnifico etc. I have experienced a little bit even when "pointing down" I still get flow down the side. Granted they may be a little full but not overly so. Any thoughts?

Side sleepers need tall leak guards, padding that spreads out wide in the front, fast absorption / wicking, good sap to prevent migration of liquid over time, and need to be able to get a snug fit around the legs with the tapes. Betterdry's models check all the boxes.

A diaper that doesn't have ALL of these features can still perform okay if they do well with most of them. Crinklz just happens to excel on pretty much every point, making it one of the most reliable.

Thanks I was wondering what the features were and you have filled me in, I guess the leak guards are significantly taller then than on other brands, good to know I will check them out when I can.

PVC pants solves the problem and keeps the bed dry.

fastchange said:
PVC pants solves the problem and keeps the bed dry.

Unfortunately, no diaper cover really will work good for that. The way a diaper cover normally works is to redirect urine back towards a cloth diaper so it can be reabsorbed. With disposables that can't happen. And with nowhere else to go, that urine will eventually leak past the diaper cover as well.

ANY diaper cover over a disposable will only contain a disposable diaper leak for a short time. The point of it is to help you notice the leak and change before it also leaks past the cover. With being unconscious while sleeping it isn't going to help you notice and change sooner.

As mentioned, you really just need a diaper that will perform well enough to not leak in the first place.

Ok makes a lot of sense My original wonder was the difference between a lot of diapers and the crinkles but I hadn't thought about a cloth diaper and the mechanics therein while using plastic pants, thanks for the heads up

binkyb said:
Ok makes a lot of sense My original wonder was the difference between a lot of diapers and the crinkles but I hadn't thought about a cloth diaper and the mechanics therein while using plastic pants, thanks for the heads up

No plroblem. For what it's worth, I wear crinklz and also the gary activewear pul pants during the day. The diaper cover really does help to initially contain any leaks while helping me to feel that leak faster too. Though with crinklz I haven't had a daytime leak in ages.

My crinklz will also have a minor or mid size, overnight leak on me about once a week too. I had tried various diaper covers before, but unless they were really tight (and cut into the skin) they would not contain an overnight leak without an absorbent layer right there too.

Back