Side sleeper

Littledragon87

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Hi all,
I have a question for you. First let me say somethings first I always make sure my diaper is snug like it's supposed to be and the leak barriers are where their supposed to be but I'm a restless sleeper sometimes (unless I sleep on my side then I sleep like a rock) I wake up on my side anyways. So hers the question is it possible to sleep on your side while being in a diaper if so how do you keep from leaking while sleeping on your side?

I tend to sleep on my back these days, but I used to go to sleep on my side.

I just never really leaked wetting on my side all that much. I've always worn abena m4's to bed most of the time and they've just always been good for how much I tend to wet on my side.

Reactions: BBBen and BigAl2
I sleep on my side and wear plastic pants over my diaper. I don't wet the bed but I will sometimes wake up and wet myself before going back to sleep. When I do that I lay on my back first but I've never leaked when I wet while laying on my side

Reactions: BBBen, BabyLouise and BigAl2
A good quality diaper with padding in the wings, worn nice and snug and covered by plastic pants prevents almost all night time leaks for me. Nothing is perfect, but I sleep mostly on my side and don't worry about leaks.

Reactions: DinoFrant, BBBen, greatlake5 and 1 other person
Freddie07601 said:
padding in the wings,
Sorry but this is what causes the leaks. The padding is not waterproof and the waterproof outer shell is held away from the skin creating a gap that fluids can freely flow out of. You want snug leg elastics holding the waterproof outer layer against your skin. This is why baby diapers don't leak at night unless your baby wets a whole lot and why wearing plastic pants over your diaper works so well. You also want a higher capacity diaper to be able to absorb more liquids faster. Here's more on the subject:

Yeah it's THAT link again. ;)

Reactions: MarshallfromPawPatrol, BBBen and DinoFrant
I´ve peed myself in my sleep pretty much every single night for the past 5 years and the only thing I´ve found useful against side leaks are high capacity diapers. Any diaper below an Abena M4 will most likely leak at the first wetting if you´re on your side. In my personal opinnion, Megamax and BetterDry10 (or Crinklz) are the best diapers you can wear for sleeping.

Plastic pants are a also a good idea, but I´m not a big fan of wearing them to bed because their tightness gets uncomfortable when tossing and turning, but if you wear a cotton boxer between your diaper and plastic pant it´s almost guaranteed that you´ll be 100% leak-free in the morning.

Hope it helps. Have fun!

Reactions: Deleted member 39193 and BBBen
I am a side sleeper. High capacity diaper, tight plastics and then rubber bloomers keep my bed reasonably dry but the pee has normally started to leak out of the diaper and plastics by the time I wake

Reactions: DinoFrant and BBBen
I can only sleep in bed on my side and Ive never found a stock diaper that won’t leak easily. Ive always wanted to try one with a lot of padding built into the sides, but they don’t exist. I mainly use Megamax right now. To prevent most leaks, I have found the best thing for me is to add two staggered boosters down the middle plus one on each wing, butted up against, but not overlapping, the leak guards. Many nights I could get away without the second one in the middle but the problem is that I don’t know. I might have anywhere between a small wetting or two or I might release a half a gallon. Over the diaper, I use PUL pants and on the outside boxer briefs a size or two bigger than I would wear. The boxer briefs need to be a poly type of fabric that will wick any leaks. It’s an annoying setup in many ways but it works very well.

I'm always leaking on my side...but also my front, my back, the other side, sitting up, and standing on my head...I just go alot and I'm kinda lazy

Last edited:
When I wear a nappy to bed, it will normally be a tykables overnight or str8ups. I usually sleep on my side. if I wake up needing a pee, which I nearly all ways do, I lay on my back, I lay on my back and do it. once I'm finished I just turn on my side and go back to sleep.and so far thats never been a problem and no leaks.

Reactions: abdl86
ben0510 said:
When I wear a nappy to bed, it will normally be a tykables overnight or str8ups. I usually sleep on my side. if I wake up needing a pee, which I nearly all ways do, I lay on my back, I lay on my back and do it. once I'm finished I just turn on my side and go back to sleep.and so far thats never been a problem and no leaks.
When I know I am going to pee in bed I try to roll on my back.

Bedwetter of 10+ years here and I have not found a good way to side sleep and not leak at least occasionally. I have a CPAP machine and I've grown used to sleeping on my back all through the night. If I do that, I have very few leaks. But if I wake up on my side, there's a pretty good chance I've leaked. I sleep on a bed pad for just this sort of circumstance. I don't find plastic pants to be helpful at all. Pee leaks out of my diaper, and then leaks out of the plastic pants.

I have also tried cloth diapers with rubber pants and had a terrible leak doing that.

So I don't have answers for you. I'm still looking for answers besides sleeping on my back all night.

Reactions: DinoFrant
Back