Should I wear a nappy to my vaccination appointment

Lostboy123

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I've got my covid booster vaccine booked tomorrow and am wondering if it's a good idea to wear a nappy to my appointment I wouldn't be planning on actually using it just wearing it. I'll have to queue up and actually get injected but I don't think anyone will see that I'm wearing. I didn't wear one to get my first two doses and the thought of wearing one tomorrow only occurred to me today.

I don't think it matters one way or the other. the important thing is to get that booster, so that between us we can overcome this nightmare virus, and hopefully get the country back to normal. or as near to normal as we can be.

• Sad
Reactions: perlFerret, reliablealter, Pika123 and 6 others
Lostboy123 said:
I've got my covid booster vaccine booked tomorrow and am wondering if it's a good idea to wear a nappy to my appointment I wouldn't be planning on actually using it just wearing it. I'll have to queue up and actually get injected but I don't think anyone will see that I'm wearing. I didn't wear one to get my first two doses and the thought of wearing one tomorrow only occurred to me today.
I mean... if you want to, sure? Are you asking for permission? If you want to wear one, wear it. why does it matter if you did or didn't wear one at the last appointment?

Girlowl said:
I mean... if you want to, sure? Are you asking for permission? If you want to wear one, wear it. why does it matter if you did or didn't wear one at the last appointment?
Not asking for permission and know it doesn't matter that I didn't wear one to my last two vaccinations. Just wanted to see what people thought.

Reactions: TheGrimmRetails
I wore the thickest crinkliest diaper I had when I got my shots. Nobody said anything.

Lostboy123 said:
Not asking for permission and know it doesn't matter that I didn't wear one to my last two vaccinations. Just wanted to see what people thought.

I didn't wear to the first one but I wore to the second one because I had enough sense to drink a ton of water before the shot. They also asked me to stay there for an hour to make sure I didn't suffer any serious side effects.

I would say the obvious rule is not to mess in public and if you wet, just make sure you drink water so there's no major odor.

I have had all three and wore nappies every time, the first two were timed appointments so no long wait. The 3rd was at a walk in session and had to wait over an hour for the jab and 15 mins after to make sure all was ok. I was glad I had a nappy that day (a little wetting only).

Reactions: DiaperVapor, TheGrimmRetails and Diaperman0723
No one will care at all.

Of course, it is your decision; however, no one will notice, or if by a remote chance your diaper is detected, not a soul will care.

I've worn my cloth prefolds and rubber pants to all three of my covid jabs. Remember, they shot the arm not the butt. I'm sure on all three occasions my diapers were wet when I received my shots. They were all in the afternoon before my wife typically changes my diapers before we start preparing our dinner.

I wore diapers to all three vaccinations. The last one was amusing because the healthcare conglomerate here booked my "next available appointment" at a pediatric practice. There was a sign in the exam room asking me not to discard diapers in the room's trashcan. OK.

I gave blood today diapered (as I almost always do).

Reactions: perlFerret and Lyric
I’ve worn cloth diapers and plastic pants for the vaccination that I didn’t get and for all three of the boosters (so far) that I haven’t gotten and will continue to do so as long as they continue to propagate boosters that I won’t be getting. That said, I do believe diapers are that unique accessory that can be worn anywhere, for nearly anything, with the exception of skinny dipping of course.

Being Nappied 24/7 , I had all three jabs done whilst securely wrapped in a Nappy, no waiting on the first two jabs but on the booster jab I had to wait outside in 2 degrees C temperature and was very pleased I was wearing a Nappy as it got very wet in that cold weather waiting to get into the warm hall.

Reactions: Lyric and ChocChip
Lostboy123 said:
To quote Terry from one of my favorite movies FUBAR.

Giver Deaner!

To protect yourself from covid, you should always wear a diaper when out in public. Public washrooms are one of the worst places to catch covid.

Reactions: Diaperman0723
Definitely. Wear the thickest you have and put a booster in it. That's what I would do. No one will notice. And what if they do? And myself I would drink an excessive amount of water. I could only imagine what it would be like to use your diaper while actually receiving the shot.

Since the shot doesn’t go in your butt cheek, nobody is going to know either way.

Reactions: TheGrimmRetails, Lyric and leterrip
I wore a Tykables Unicorn, pink plastic pants and a pink patterned onesie under a roll neck jumper to my booster jab yesterday afternoon.

It hadn’t occurred to me that I need to expose my upper arm for the injection when I put the jumper on so I panicked a little when I realised when I was sitting and waiting for my turn.
Fortunately I was able to roll up the sleeve of my tight jumper rather than have to take it off and show everyone my babyish clothes.

Reactions: TheGrimmRetails
CPDude said:
No one will care at all.
I wear nappies all the time it's no big deal.

Back