Restroom secrets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a bathroom per se but once at an oil change place I saw a mom drag a boy of about 6 into the single bathroom with a goodnite in her other hand. Got the vibe they were on a road trip and got some light car troubles. It was like 11 am.

Reactions: hanzertas
Palle said:
Anyone else that have been changed into a "just in case" diaper in a random restroom?
I was a bedwetter till late teens at 17 however when we traveled internationally i would always have to wear diapers just in case even though im potty trained and it sort of works because sometimes on the flight i would wake up in a wet diaper or when we traveled by car , buses or trains for long journey. I remember the times when i had to use it for practical reasons like long lines at the theme park , i wore diapers during the day because of the journey to the theme park was long and i was told to wear them just in case but i knew i had to wear them anyway. I was about 16 back then and when we arrived at the theme park in diapers we didn't want to waste any more time changing out as it is a hassle plus i didn't bring along my normal underwear when we left the hotel so its either change into a fresh diaper at the restroom after i used it or go commando. I was in diapers for most if not all trips overseas till i was about 17 when my wetting gradually stopped but even then i wore for about a year after my wetting completely stopped.

Reactions: Palle
The only thing that springs to mind for me was several years ago.

I was at a McDonalds at the time. In the UK as a standard, they always tend to have the male toilets, the female toilets and a disabled toilet that doubles as a baby change. The male toilets had a notice "out of order, use disabled". This particular one had a sliding door instead of a hinged type and it was pulled part the way closed but not all the way. While I was patiently waiting, I could hear a lady in there getting all flustered. Then I heard in a frustrated tone "why cant you just wear pants like other boys". Hearing that, I was curious of the age of the boy that was quite possibly having a nappy change? When they finally came out, the boy was fairly young and in my mind looked to be of a nappy wearing age and the lady was being quite harsh.

Palle said:
So the kids actually regressed while at home with their own parents during lockdown? To me it sees to have been the perfect time to do the opposite, as your friend thought. To start wearing diapers again, after being dry, just seems very contra productive. Or have we just found yet another side effect of Covid 19? - No I didn't really think so either...
If It's just an accident it one thing, but regressing, that a complete other ballgame. Did your friend conclude if it was forced in any way or did the children actually regress by themselves? It there were any difference between boys and girls compared to before? Everything just feels wrong. Is regression even possible without negative influence? The DL in me might think it would be ok if the parent(s) were too sick themselves to keep up with a newly trained child and jut put the child back into diapers, but would a child capable of keeping themselves clean actually accept that? I.e. start wearing and soiling a diaper again for no other reason than lazy parenting? That doesn't sound very probable to me. The whole picture just feels... ...wrong in some way...
I think it's generally accepted that we all regressed somewhat as a society, irrespective of continence levels. I have friends who are high school teachers who say that the seniors of 2023 are emotionally stunted compared to their cohort in 2020.

Reactions: TigerDL
JDCH said:
I think it's generally accepted that we all regressed somewhat as a society, irrespective of continence levels. I have friends who are high school teachers who say that the seniors of 2023 are emotionally stunted compared to their cohort in 2020.
Seems like a correct assessment, I am particularly thinking of the russian dic...
...tator. You will need to interact with other people and ages to mature in regards to, love, care and empathy. If not we are probably doomed as a society or enen as a species. I'm not sure that social media can help survive now or in the future. Knowing that, it is fairly easy to regress...

JDCH said:
It's a mess. I can only comment on the United States, but I've heard some horrifying examples. I wonder how other countries are doing. I'd love to hear from members in other OECD countries, especially those who didn't lose as much school time as we did (grade 12 was over 3/4 online for me in California)

Mehrabad98 said:
It's a mess. I can only comment on the United States, but I've heard some horrifying examples. I wonder how other countries are doing. I'd love to hear from members in other OECD countries, especially those who didn't lose as much school time as we did (grade 12 was over 3/4 online for me in California)
Canada here. Parts of the 2019-2020, 2020-2021, and 2021-2022 school year were either lost outright or online. For some, including those in my family, it effectively meant that the online portion was lost time.

During the COVID-19 pandemic in Sweden, school kids were given verbal restrictions such as "do not hang out," "keep distance," "use hand sanitizers," and later on "wear breathing masks." However, they were not always compliant with these guidelines. Some schools attempted distance teaching, but it was not very successful. As a result, some ignorant kids roamed around, got infected, and spread the disease to their siblings, parents, and grandparents. While not a large number, unfortunately, some individuals did pass away. The aftermath was that many vulnerable people perished. However, in regards to the more difficult-to-explain deaths in people who seemed otherwise healthy, the rate was about the same as the rest of Europe. On the work front, those who could work from home did so successfully. The maximum number of visitors allowed in stores was also limited. On the positive side, the seasonal flu did not become widespread, and the incidence of common colds also seemed to be lower than usual.

00Steve00 said:
While I was patiently waiting, I could hear a lady in there getting all flustered. Then I heard in a frustrated tone "why cant you just wear pants like other boys". Hearing that, I was curious of the age of the boy that was quite possibly having a nappy change? When they finally came out, the boy was fairly young and in my mind looked to be of a nappy wearing age and the lady was being quite harsh.
Could she have been talking about the pants over his diapers, not necessarily his diaper? Maybe once diapered he was resisting getting his pants put back on :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Blorgldorf21
TigerDL said:
Could she have been talking about the pants over his diapers, not necessarily his diaper? Maybe once diapered he was resisting getting his pants put back on :ROFLMAO:
Nope. The term "pants" here in the UK generally refers to underwear rather than your outer leg covers over the top of your underwear.

Reactions: TigerDL, Jamas and michaelmc
00Steve00 said:
Nope. The term "pants" here in the UK generally refers to underwear rather than your outer leg covers over the top of your underwear.
Yeah. Not going to be wearing a nappy and pants. Although some so separate boxers and like tight whiteys pants.. So you never know

Last edited:
JDCH said:
Canada here. Parts of the 2019-2020, 2020-2021, and 2021-2022 school year were either lost outright or online. For some, including those in my family, it effectively meant that the online portion was lost time.
I work with that age cohort, and we're dealing with basic behavioural issues that should've disappeared by early high school, if not late elementary school. I'm talking basic things, like interacting with peers in a respectful manner - Covid had a massive impact on every facet of society, and for me, given my line of work, it's the impact on youth mental health I worry about the most heading forward (not to take this conversation too off-topic!).

Reactions: Lethdale and JDCH
On one ocassion I stopped at the M4 motorway services and went to use a cubicle when someone in the adjacent one shuffled around and a yellowed Tena Maxi dropped on the floor flopping out on my side enough that it was readily identifiable, it was very quickly picked up and the owner must have changed rapidly as he soon left presumably to dump his used Tena.
That was one secret that was not kept !

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: abdl86, Palle, Andy86 and 1 other person
Napincolove said:
On one ocassion I stopped at the M4 motorway services and went to use a cubicle when someone in the adjacent one shuffled around and a yellowed Tena Maxi dropped on the floor flopping out on my side enough that it was readily identifiable, it was very quickly picked up and the owner must have changed rapidly as he soon left presumably to dump his used Tena.
There is a new saying: What happens in the restroom, stays in the forum 🤣,
I have overheard diaper changing conversations, but never seen real time evidens presented like that :eek:.

Napincolove said:
That could have been me 🤣

Is bedwetting more common now than earlier?
I dropped some friends at the airport and I noticed that both their children were diapered for the flight. It was in the evening, but the flight was not that long. I know that the youngest is a bedwetter, but the older child I think was not, but she did have accidents at Christmas eve and Christmas day and I know the she ended up in her little brothers diaper those two days...

Reactions: craigd1341
Palle said:
Is bedwetting more common now than earlier?
I dropped some friends at the airport and I noticed that both their children were diapered for the flight. It was in the evening, but the flight was not that long. I know that the youngest is a bedwetter, but the older child I think was not, but she did have accidents at Christmas eve and Christmas day and I know the she ended up in her little brothers diaper those two days...
I think bedwetting is pretty common. How old were the kids?

Reactions: Palle
Blorgldorf21 said:
I read somewhere that at age 8 or so in a typical class of kids four boys and two girls will be bed wetters. It's very common.

Blorgldorf21 said:
he was 5 and she was 7, soon to be 8. But I'm not sure she was a regular bedwetter. In this case it was the fact that not only the boy was diapered, she was also diapered just before we left our home. I did travel a lot before and I have seen this from time to time. But when I saw this, I begun thinking...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back