rearz omutsu cloth diaper

Dakota13

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So ive been thinking about trying a cloth diaper for a while now and found these regularly available. Whats everyones thoughts on them? Hows the quality, fit, absorbency ect?

Reactions: Angelapinks and BobbiSueEllen
I have two of 'em: they fit well and are super-comfy but take care of the velcros. I don't use them for their intended purpose so dunno about absorbency...but you must wear plastic pants with 'em if you will. Good luck! 🥳

Reactions: skylanderpamp, Dakota13 and Angelapinks
When you get it home, wash it, like 5 times. I'm not kidding. It activates the absorbency. Tide is fine. Just make sure not to even look at any fabric softener anywhere near your cloth.

Reactions: littledub1955, BobbiSueEllen and Dakota13
Ok got another question, im a 30-32 waist normally. But im 6" foot tall, technically i think the small/medium would be good, but should i go with the medium/large?

I have a 36-inch waist and wear the M/L diaper. Perhaps others here with your waist who have the diaper themselves might have some specific, useful input. 🤔

Dakota13 said:
Ok got another question, im a 30-32 waist normally. But im 6" foot tall, technically i think the small/medium would be good, but should i go with the medium/large?
I suggest going with your waist size so Small/Medium

I have a 33 inch waist and the small/medium fits fine. The diaper is easy to put on, fluffs up nicely, and absorbs everything I can put in it. I've got only good things to say about it.

Reactions: Dakota13 and BobbiSueEllen
I once bought a pair out of curiosity and am very happy to have in my stash. Not my usual go-to diaper but I will wear when I am running low on disposables or doing an extended play session.
I also have a washable pre-fold but find the velcros more convient then pins. They also are easier to re-adjust as they get heavier.
Definitively bulky but I can get away with wearing them outside with oversized pants and a long shirt.
Absorbency is a as good or better as any +5000 ml dip.
As a side sleeper, the Omatsu is the best at keeping things dry in the bed. I probably could not leak if I tried.
At 5'7" and a 36" waist, the M/L is a perfect fit.
Only down side it that washing them is a bit of a chore.

My recommendation: buy.

I have some of them, and like them. Be sure to get a waterproof cover for them if you intend to use them as they are not waterproof at all.
Just be sure to wash them before use and keep the fabric softener well away from them.
My only complaint has been drying them, but was able to solve that by also drying my towels at the same time.

What is everyone using for a diaper cover? I have a pair of plastic pants, but im not sure they would be that great for a cloth diaper.

• Love
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
I have a pair of the omutsu rubber pants and a pair of the leakmaster ones.
The Rearz ones seem to work better, but the the Leakmaster ones are a lower cut, so easier to cover up.

• Thinking
i have a few and i wont buy again , the first one the velcros dont even hold anymore, so i dint even bother trying to use the new /other one and i listed forsale

Reactions: skylanderpamp
SpAzpieSweeTot said:
When you get it home, wash it, like 5 times. I'm not kidding. It activates the absorbency. Tide is fine. Just make sure not to even look at any fabric softener anywhere near your cloth.
What I mean by wash it, is wash and dry it.

Wash and dry 1.
Wash and dry 2.
Wash and dry 3.
Wash and dry 4.
Wash and dry 5.

What you're trying to do is actually cause the absorbent fabric to shrink, so it fluffs.

Reactions: Cottontail and BobbiSueEllen
SpAzpieSweeTot said:
Yup. Still, I'll admit: It's damned hard to resist the urge to try on new cloth diapers right after that first wash/dry, or even right out of the package! But if you do it, then try not to judge them--unless they're already too small, in which case a top-of-the-lungs "FUUUUU------" is forgivable. :)

Reviving an old thread to say I just got my omutsu diaper literally an hour ago! I've never had an interest in cloth diapers (born in 2000 so I wasn't raised on em, and I think the clean-up would be too much for me) but I heard the idea of using one solely as a diapee cover and fell in love with the idea! With Rearz' customer appreciation sale going on I was able to justify finally getting one 😝😝
I was a lil worried about sizing (28" waist but 41" hips + the added bulk of a diaper) so I went with a M/L, and when I took it out of the packaging I was still a lil worried. I had on a fresh megamax air which isn't very thick, but I put the omutsu right on over it and wow!! It is just adorable! And one of the softest things I've ever felt! It is definitely big but in a very comfy and great way.
I love the added bulk between my legs and the super babyish print. It's definitely not an everyday-wear kinda clothing but it's a wonderful addition to my ABDL collection! I took it off for the time being but am looking forward to getting extra little tonight while wearing it and having what I imagine will be the coziest sleep ever!!

• Love
Reactions: Davvyboy, Dakota13, TigerDL and 2 others
lilbabyjooce said:
Reviving an old thread to say I just got my omutsu diaper literally an hour ago! I've never had an interest in cloth diapers (born in 2000 so I wasn't raised on em, and I think the clean-up would be too much for me) but I heard the idea of using one solely as a diapee cover and fell in love with the idea! With Rearz' customer appreciation sale going on I was able to justify finally getting one 😝😝
I was a lil worried about sizing (28" waist but 41" hips + the added bulk of a diaper) so I went with a M/L, and when I took it out of the packaging I was still a lil worried. I had on a fresh megamax air which isn't very thick, but I put the omutsu right on over it and wow!! It is just adorable! And one of the softest things I've ever felt! It is definitely big but in a very comfy and great way.
I love the added bulk between my legs and the super babyish print. It's definitely not an everyday-wear kinda clothing but it's a wonderful addition to my ABDL collection! I took it off for the time being but am looking forward to getting extra little tonight while wearing it and having what I imagine will be the coziest sleep ever!!
I've been Mia for a few weeks, but that's what I do tbh. Love the extra bulk, and the feeling it gives.

Reactions: lilbabyjooce and BobbiSueEllen
I have several of the m/l , but they shrink after several washings. Now I only buy the xl , it shrinks down to the perfect fit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back