Really concerned

lilshelly

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
  2. Incontinent
Ok so I am not able to make it to the bathroom sometimes due to my Cerebral Palsy. (the walking sometimes is the issue.) still had the choice I could wear if I felt I needed to. No issues with going in my sleep no issues of really having an accident. As a matter of fact I would go a few days without wearing at all.
Go to the doctor letting him know that I feel the urge to go most of the time hence using the diapers. He knows that I have been to a urologist. Knows that I can't afford the urodynamics test. Good doctor he has put me on medication to see if that will help. Also good. My issue is I am one I like to know why something is happening. I don't have much to go on at this point. I went from being able to wear when I needed to . Now I am pretty much afraid to go without a diaper.
I am okay with the diapers. It just makes me feel like I did something wrong and I can't go without them. I have looked at this every way I can't see what I could have done. I am physically and mentally okay so just can't figure out why and while wearing a diaper is not a big deal. I still feel guilty because I can't help it. 😪 I am kinda scared that it might turn into wetting in my sleep which is the worst thing that could happen for me. If it comes to that point I don't care what the test costs I will be getting it done.

While the advice here is free (you get what you pay for), I would recommend that you bring this up with your PCP and go forward based on their advice.

Reactions: ltaluv
I have an appointment with my PCP in June and I will be addressing a few things with him

I don't understand the US medical system that great. You have to pay out of pocket for necessary tests from your urologist?

Yeah we do. We pay so much a month for insurance prices can vary what is and isn't covered varies. The insurance you pay for will cover procedures bot you have to pay so much before insurance will begin to pay. Then even after that the insurance will pay a certain percentage and you are responsible for the remaining balance.
Ex. Urologist orders urodynamics test. Say the test costs 6,000 dollars. I would have to pay 4000 dollars the insurance would pay a percentage of the bill that was left leaving you to pay what was left. It sucks for the average person. If you can afford top tier insurance then you don't have to pay much for anything. That's the best way I can explain it.

@SparkyDog, Insurance inthe US is complex and can vary from plan to plan, and whether private or government based. Plans run the gamut from catastrophic only through full; less expensive to more respectively. For instance, some people are covered by an employer plan while others by a fed/state government plan. Plans across states can vary as well, depending upon individual state laws and acceptance of federal support. This is just a sample of the possibilities. There is also military active and retired as well.

Consider: Three people can see the same doctor and have tests performed. One pays just a copay, one pays full price until their deductible is reached, and another pays a percentage of the cost. Unfortunately, some have no insurance and don’t have any options but free clinics, assistance programs, or do without.

Furthermore, each insurance can be billed a different amount based upon their negotiated price.

Last edited:
wow that's extremely complex and frustrating especially if you're lower income
I've had so many urology and other tests
id be bankrupt if I had to pay thousands per test

Hopefully @lilshelly you eventually get some answers

Reactions: lilshelly
SparkyDog said:
I don't understand the US medical system that great.
Don't worry. Nobody does. The US healthcare system is like trying to understand quantum physics in a foreign language while blindfolded.

Reactions: ltaluv, RedStripeLvr and JunkyardDog1
longislandguy said:
Don't worry. Nobody does. The US healthcare system is like trying to understand quantum physics in a foreign language while blindfolded.
Amen to that!

Back