Question?

Unsureabdl

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
A question for the masses out there how did you find a partner that was comfortable with your ab/dl part of you?

Reactions: Diprs2, Seasonedcitizen, medfet878 and 2 others
I did not :cry:

I'd hazard a guess at the best bet being online dating and being upfront about it in the profile description.

• Sad
Reactions: gobphus, medfet878 and PadPhilosopher
Unsureabdl said:
A question for the masses out there how did you find a partner that was comfortable with your ab/dl part of you?
I told my now wife early on (having had a prior relationship breakdown as I wasn’t comfortable telling her, and two others have a quite complex relationship with it). My wife isn’t into it but doesn’t mind that I am.

Reactions: BenNevis, chamberpot, Diprs2 and 2 others
I told my wife very early in our relationship. I have only told 2 people and I’ve basically set them Adisc links both times after a brief explanation. My wife participates but only in a bedroom/intimate setting.

Reactions: JamisonFTM, BenNevis and Diprs2
I told my wife about my diaper desires shortly after we got married. I'm sure she was a bit shocked on the inside, but I tried to keep it not too visible over the years. She didn't totally approve, but accepted it, begrudgingly. We will hit 45 years this December and after developing oab/urge incontinence, diapers are now front and center and she has zero issues.

• Love
Reactions: Seasonedcitizen and chamberpot
part fate and random is what i think. we didn't connect on ABDL we connected in our lives on many levels meeting through a mutual friend. funny part is when we met neither one of us was looking for a relationship we just started hanging out everything developed on its own along with the ABDL part of our lives. we didn't think in term of ABDL we just as we got to know one another saw/discovered that i had a strong little side and my wife had a strong maternal side so we meshed. i think when you met someone you are thinking in terms of life partners you need to open up front with the person. allow the person to truly see who you are. meeting and dating is never an easy thing even in the best of situations. one just has t be willing to put him or her self out there. good luck

Reactions: mammalun, tempestcd, chamberpot and 1 other person
Joeysms said:
part fate and random is what i think. we didn't connect on ABDL we connected in our lives on many levels meeting through a mutual friend. funny part is when we met neither one of us was looking for a relationship we just started hanging out everything developed on its own along with the ABDL part of our lives. we didn't think in term of ABDL we just as we got to know one another saw/discovered that i had a strong little side and my wife had a strong maternal side so we meshed. i think when you met someone you are thinking in terms of life partners you need to open up front with the person. allow the person to truly see who you are. meeting and dating is never an easy thing even in the best of situations. one just has t be willing to put him or her self out there. good luck
Very well stated!

Reactions: Joeysms
in 1973 when i met my wife I told her that I usually wet the bed or my pants pretty often because it turned me on, I asked her to try out pee-play the first time we had sex, she didn't like it much.. it was my thing I didn't push it .. she hasn't left me yet...lol

Reactions: Diprs2 and tempestcd
I met my partner and yes she fully accepted, I lucked out.

Reactions: Diprs2 and chamberpot
munkey said:
I met my partner and yes she fully accepted, I lucked out.
I also am very very lucky, I can't say there has never been an issue with my wettings but after 50 years there have been few.

Last edited:
I have not. My wife knows I CD and does not participate or discuss. I suspect she knows I diaper, and has never questioned me. I am not volunteering that information to her without the question.

Reactions: Diprs2
See I should’ve told my wife during dating that I was an Abdl but honestly I wasn’t sure what I was yet at that time (this was 2016). I’ve only in the past year or so really come out proudly as an dl but not so much an ab if that makes sense. I use diapers if I’m wearing them for intended use but keep messing incidents to a minimum. So I finally spilled the beans in April 2019 about my wanting to wear and use diapers. Even though it’s been a process, she’s come to grips with it and she knows they bring me comfort and happiness but yeah I always regret not being more forthcoming about it right off the bat

Cutiedan83 said:
See I should’ve told my wife during dating that I was an Abdl but honestly I wasn’t sure what I was yet at that time (this was 2016). I’ve only in the past year or so really come out proudly as an dl but not so much an ab if that makes sense. I use diapers if I’m wearing them for intended use but keep messing incidents to a minimum. So I finally spilled the beans in April 2019 about my wanting to wear and use diapers. Even though it’s been a process, she’s come to grips with it and she knows they bring me comfort and happiness but yeah I always regret not being more forthcoming about it right off the bat
I did come out to my then girlfriend, now wife, about my panty wearing (way before I went full wardrobe). I felt she had a chance to run. She stayed, but has never wanted to see this side of me. That was 42 years ago.

Reactions: Diprs2 and chamberpot
I met my last 2 partners on diapernates and quite a few play partners on fetlife.

Luck. My Little found me and was very honest from the very first meeting about what they were looking for in general terms right from the first meeting. The ABDL thing was mentioned more specifically one month after we met and had connected as people. He told me because he had decided I was 1)someone he wanted to move forward with and most importantly 2) a person who even if I wasn't up for all he was asking and said I wasn't the person for him I wouldn't go blabbing it all over social media. Crucially we connected as people. Without that, none of this would have been possible.

It really depends on what you are after. If it's just a playmate then online dating type sites, including things like Fetlife, are probably easiest. If you are after an actual relationship, it's not that much different to finding a vanilla partner. Connect with the person first.

As a female (who is actually gender fluid but generally puts female as that's what my body is and most sites don't let me choose gender fluid) who isn't ABDL I can strongly recommend not looking specifically for a "mummy" if you are after a relationship. You are likely to get a lot of disappointment. Look for someone who connects with you and has a caring nature. Then the "mummy" thing will probably happen in time, at least to some extent.

Reactions: Soggy247
Mingus said:
I told my now wife early on (having had a prior relationship breakdown as I wasn’t comfortable telling her, and two others have a quite complex relationship with it). My wife isn’t into it but doesn’t mind that I am.
You are so lucky...

My wife initially considered my interest in diapers a "phase" I would eventually "grow out of"... Over the past 27 years, I have not "grown out of it", and her disdain has increased to an abject hatred of the concept... I can't even look near diapers in a store without her making snarky remarks. Heaven forbid she even THINKS I have a hidden supply anywhere...

Back