QUESTION FOR PACIFIER USERS

The typical ribbon used for these tethers is called "grosgrain"...and you can find a gazillion different designs of 'em on eBay, if you wanna make your own. Happy design-hunting! 🥳

Oh...you can also find the plastic clips there under "kam plastic clips" and any ol' elastic hair bands work fine for the other end. 🤗

Reactions: Tappy, Seasonedcitizen, PuffPuffPaci and 1 other person
I almost forgot to mention.....the lovey! It's like a miniature blanket that you can attach to your pacifier. I actually prefer it over the clips. makes paci easy to find & nice to snuggle. I usually put the lovey over my shoulder like a rag and let the paci dangle. But of course I'm a blanket junkie so 😁

Reactions: Tappy, Seasonedcitizen, PaigeCherubiel and 2 others
PuffPuffPaci said:
I almost forgot to mention.....the lovey! It's like a miniature blanket that you can attach to your pacifier. I actually prefer it over the clips. makes paci easy to find & nice to snuggle. I usually put the lovey over my shoulder like a rag and let the paci dangle. But of course I'm a blanket junkie so 😁
That's a good idea. I clearly need a blankie.

Reactions: Tappy, Seasonedcitizen, PaigeCherubiel and 1 other person
Paci clip is a must for me but not to sleep with. I just put it next to my teddy at night

Reactions: Tappy, Seasonedcitizen, Angelapinks and 3 others
I went and looked at loveys at Amazon. I don't sleep with anything, so they're a little impractical for me. But there's lots af Gudetama stuff (plushies, squishies, and even potholders) I could easily make one from. Thank you all for the input and the lovey idea.

Reactions: Tappy, Seasonedcitizen, Angelapinks and 2 others
pacifierPaige said:
When I first got my adult pacifiers I put them on the kind of lanyards made for things like ID badges so I wouldn't lose them at night (Mine are Super Mario 64 themed). But I've also seen things called pacifier clips. I would have nowhere to clip it except the collar of my t-shirt, which I would think could be uncomfortable.
ho
Do you prefer pacifier clips, lanyards, or something else?
hi

I use a lanyard as it is easier to tuck my pacifier away.

This is Peter Bunny modelling it.

1684925153527.png

Reactions: Tappy, Seasonedcitizen, Angelapinks and 5 others
It has come to my attention that most baby clips are too small for me, and adult sized clips are too big for me. I’ve seen some on Etsy that are adjustable, but even at their smallest, they’re too big. Baby sized clips are usually 6 inches (15 cm) in length, while adult sized ones start at 1 foot (30 cm). My ideal length is 9 inches (22.5 cm or 225 mm). I hope that manufacturers can make some for this size.

Last edited:
  • Thinking
Reactions: Tappy, Seasonedcitizen, PaigeCherubiel and 1 other person
I prefer a clip when I use my binky but I also like to use a binky blanket as well

Reactions: Tappy, Seasonedcitizen, BobbiSueEllen and 1 other person
Oinker94 said:
It has come to my attention that most baby clips are too small for me, and adult sized clips are too big for me. I’ve seen some on Etsy that are adjustable, but even at their smallest, they’re too big. Baby sized clips are usually 6 inches (15 cm) in length, while adult sized ones start at 1 foot (30 cm). My ideal length is 9 inches (22.5 cm or 225 mm). I hope that manufacturers can make some for this size.
My Big told me it's not about the size; it's how I use it. hee, hee.

sorry but the button was just too big and shiny with Do Not Push. written all over it, so what is a Little Boy to do?

• Haha
Reactions: Tappy, Seasonedcitizen, Angelapinks and 4 others
I don’t like either, I want my pacifier to be free! I have loads of pacifiers so if I misplace the pacifier I was using I just grab another until it turns up again.

• Love
Reactions: Tappy, Seasonedcitizen, Angelapinks and 3 others
lilkayden said:
I usually use a paci clip when I use my paci. I used to get my clips from JayKayBaby but they kinda went MIA. My most recent clips are from onesiesdownunder, but there are many sellers on Etsy. If you're crafty, you can also just buy the clips and ribbon and make one yourself. The challenge is finding ribbon you like :)Commenting
lilkayden said:
I usually use a paci clip when I use my paci. I used to get my clips from JayKayBaby but they kinda went MIA. My most recent clips are from onesiesdownunder, but there are many sellers on Etsy. If you're crafty, you can also just buy the clips and ribbon and make one yourself. The challenge is finding ribbon you like :)
Commenting so i can get a bump if you ever do get a response. I really wanted that blues clues paci so if anyone knows where i cab get their designs second hand that works too

I agree with @Cottontail and @ShyGirl91, I usually use my paci at night and using a clip is uncomfortable. I think it is cute but just not for little me.

Reactions: Tappy and BobbiSueEllen
I actually attach mine to the detachable string thing that comes with this https://www.arktherapeutic.com/arks-chewel-chewable-pendant-necklace/ .

Because I only use my paci in public in places I feel safe at like a library or coffee shop, but if I choose to be more discrete I just suck on the pendant. (Highly recommend btw as a paci alternative for workplaces/school.)

Reactions: Tappy and Seasonedcitizen
I tried using a clip but if anything it got caught on things and likely pulled it out, they are really meant for finding it again after it comes out rather than holding it in, I found frequent use has meant it rarely fall out any more, which is nice because its such a nice way to wake up, as you slowly become conscious and play with the teat in your mouth, then realizing where you are and what your doing

Reactions: Tappy and Seasonedcitizen
I use some elastic from old masks to keep it in place.

I don’t really have any purchased paci clips. I really like to make my own from plastic paci clips and lanyards that I feel drawn to as of now I have twenty paci clips I made and two of them are paw patrol set I modified from Disney that skye is on one paci clip and Marshall is on the other. When it comes to clipping them on I just clip it to my shirt somewhere which is why I use only the plastic ones or I’ll clip it to my onesie where the shoulder snap is

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and Tappy
I don't use a clip or cord . I have 3 'LittleFor Big ' pacifiers that I bought from Amazon , however I find them just way too small.
I really get frustrated because my dentist tells me to try and stop grinding my teeth , I would love to !!

Sometimes anxiety has its way .
The larger ones , especially the latex teat versions are super pricey -- IMO !! -- even with the sale prices.

Later ,

T.

• Wow
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
This thread has inspired me to make my own paci clip, though I've never really needed one cause I'm basically sucking on it 24/7 lol but it seems like a cute idea, I never even really thought about it before ^^

• Love
Cords are so great for me.

I have several paci clips but I never use them as I don’t like how they feel and luckily I’ve gotten to the point where my paci stays in all night when I use it 🥰

Back