Question about threads

geka

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
i started the thread Save the manuals, but I noticed a few days ago the title changed to save the manual transmission cars.
How did that happen ? Do the mods sometimes change the titles?

geka said:
i started the thread Save the manuals, but I noticed a few days ago the title changed to save the manual transmission cars.
How did that happen ? Do the mods sometimes change the titles?
I noticed that also. Guessing one of the mods just decided to disambiguate the title. It does happen sometimes.

Cottontail said:
I noticed that also. Guessing one of the mods just decided to disambiguate the title. It does happen sometimes.
I’m not mad or anything just found it odd.

geka said:
I’m not mad or anything just found it odd.
Sometimes if a post title is a bit vague a mod / admin will clarify it a bit.

Maybe they changed it because the word Manuals was vague. The word has different meanings. Changing the end made it more obvious question instead of open to interpretation. Until I opened your thread I wasn't sure what I would find. I'm sure Mods just felt it needed to be more obvious. Looks like the replies went up after it was changed.

I wonder how many hoarders saw the original title and felt a surge of validation as they clicked it, eager for the opportunity to talk about the boxes and boxes of instruction manuals they've collected, LOL.

Well, you didn't start a topic called "What a day" or "That could've gone better" or "Oof," so you're ok in my book. It's the blatant click-bait titles that get my hackles up. Do bunnies have hackles? Well, it's rhetorical.

Last edited:
Kirisin said:
Maybe they changed it because the word Manuals was vague. The word has different meanings. Changing the end made it more obvious question instead of open to interpretation. Until I opened your thread I wasn't sure what I would find. I'm sure Mods just felt it needed to be more obvious. Looks like the replies went up after it was changed.
Ya they probably did it to make it more obvious.
But car and driver magazine been using #save the manuals hashtag for years. Car people knew what it is.oh well.

Reactions: Kirisin
Cottontail said:
I wonder how many hoarders saw the original title and felt a surge of validation as they clicked it, eager for the opportunity to talk about the boxes and boxes of instruction manuals they've collected, LOL.

Well, you didn't start a topic called "What a day" or "That could've gone better" or "Oof," so you're ok in my book. It's the blatant click-bait titles that get my hackles up. Do bunnies have hackles? Well, it's rhetorical.
I hate we’re on opposite sides of the country, I’m sure you’re a hoot at party’s .BTW my wife and I went on a Alaska cruise five years ago, we flew into Seattle two days earlier so we had time to check out the Seattle area . We loved the Pacific Northwest.

Reactions: Cottontail
geka said:
I hate we’re on opposite sides of the country, I’m sure you’re a hoot at party’s .BTW my wife and I went on a Alaska cruise five years ago, we flew into Seattle two days earlier so we had time to check out the Seattle area . We loved the Pacific Northwest.
Plan on a bite if you're ever back this way--preferably during the warmer months. Winters here aren't my favorite, but the rest of the year mostly makes up for them.

Cottontail said:
Plan on a bite if you're ever back this way--preferably during the warmer months. Winters here aren't my favorite, but the rest of the year mostly makes up for them.
I most certainly will thx.

Reactions: Cottontail
geka said:
car and driver magazine
Never heard of it 😝

Meanwhile, the police are still trying coax the notoriously paranoid prepper, José Manuel and his family, out of their nuclear bunker. The Pope's getting involved, apparently.
🤪

geka said:
Ya they probably did it to make it more obvious.
But car and driver magazine been using #save the manuals hashtag for years. Car people knew what it is.oh well.

I learned how to drive with 4 on the collom. Think that's spelled right. learned to float the gears soon after. I been shifting every since now it's 12 gears on the floor. There will always be manual for pulling and towing that will never go away. Although Semi trucks have gotten into automatic trany there are those of us who remain dead set against them.

Back