Pull ups and nights out

abcdef

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I’m new to IC and wearing. I’m self conscious as I have a night out coming up. Any advice for a night out to bar for management, leaking, changing, and hiding my pull ups?

I’m guessing a higher capacity would be good any recommendations?

Reactions: newt, Edgewater and Incon97
abcdef said:
I’m new to IC and wearing. I’m self conscious as I have a night out coming up. Any advice for a night out to bar for management, leaking, changing, and hiding my pull ups?

Hey, for nights out I would recommend tape style Briefs 100% - not pull ups. I would stay far away from pull ups with drinking/alcohol personally anyway, they simply just won’t last sadly depending on your fluid intake.

I recommend maybe tena maxi/ultima definitely. Changing isn’t the easiest when on nights out so you’ll want maximum absorbency to be safe! 😊

Reactions: Diprs2, EcoIncon, Chrissie and 5 others
In relation what you wrote in the other post, look out for the Attends Pull-Ons with 8 drops or higher, same for the Tena variant, choose the "maxi" capacity. I think you can get along without "real" diaper slips at the moment, but you could choose to wear special "period pants" on top of the Pull-Ups, to prevent leaks. They come in different capacities and work well as second layer. I do use something similar for men.
Alternatively there are pants especially to cover up diapers with leak protection, like the adjustforyou(dot)nl, they work very well and cover mostly everything.

"Hiding", do you mean when to rid of them or the time wearing them?

When sleeping somewhere else i do use a one time "changing pad" under the sheets to protect the mattress for leaks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater, abcdef and 1 other person
Pino said:
In relation what you wrote in the other post, look out for the Attends Pull-Ons with 8 drops or higher, same for the Tena variant, choose the "maxi" capacity. I think you can get along without "real" diaper slips at the moment, but you could choose to wear special "period pants" on top of the Pull-Ups, to prevent leaks. They come in different capacities and work well as second layer. I do use something similar for men.
Alternatively there are pants especially to cover up diapers with leak protection, like the adjustforyou(dot)nl, they work very well and cover mostly everything.

"Hiding", do you mean when to rid of them or the time wearing them?

When sleeping somewhere else i do use a one time "changing pad" under the sheets to protect the mattress for leaks.
Sounds like a good plan and funny I just read this I’m trying today wearing a skirt for work and have just put period pants over just in case . I would agree as I am still able to hold most of pee in my bladder I want to still be able to easily do that and that would be hard in a wrap around especially since I wasn’t blessed with a hose lol

With pants feels very secure I thinks this may be the way to go I feel more confident with pants over my tights 😃

I mean hiding as in when wearing. It’s not so bad with female public toilets usually having sanitary bins anyway x

Reactions: Diprs2, Pino and Edgewater
Happy that you have received excellent advise.
It is always important to remember that what is highly noticeable to another incontinent individual is not even recognizable to the general public. Your biggest concern is yourself.

Reactions: Diprs2, Pino, greatlake5 and 3 others
Thank you 🙏

Just so you know you have really made me feel more at ease about things especially wearing around others and not so self conscious which itself is a flag to people that know me.

That would also make sense that others wouldn’t notice they 1) wouldn’t be looking for it and 2) probably too wrapped up in their own shit to notice . Work on the other hand as I work in Health and social care it may be noticeable more to colleagues 😅

• Thinking
Reactions: Diprs2, Pino and Edgewater
abcdef said:

Nobody will notice if your wearing a pullup. And if your going out to a bar or restaurant you can use a stall and urinate into a toilet. I do it all the time. Changing a pullup in a public bathroom is a bit of a hassle because you have to take your shoes and pants off. It can be done but with some difficulty. I only wet a pullup if Im out if cant find a bathroom. Accidents happen when you have IC. But you can be careful and manage it using pullups.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Edgewater
mikesecret said:
Nobody will notice if your wearing a pullup. And if your going out to a bar or restaurant you can use a stall and urinate into a toilet. I do it all the time. Changing a pullup in a public bathroom is a bit of a hassle because you have to take your shoes and pants off. It can be done but with some difficulty. I only wet a pullup if Im out if cant find a bathroom. Accidents happen when you have IC. But you can be careful and manage it using pullups.
I would definitely want pull up as I fully void there just smaller amounts leak at times with urge. What I’m not sure of is how I will be under the influence as I pee a lot then

It really depends on your clothes you have on too. I have worn about every type of diaper out in public and nobody noticed that I could tell. Only once when I was wearing a pocket diaper with a colorful print that a friend noticed when I bent over. But even then, he just thought it was just regular underwear and not a diaper.

abcdef said:
I would definitely want pull up as I fully void there just smaller amounts leak at times with urge. What I’m not sure of is how I will be under the influence as I pee a lot then
Again if your going to a bar or restaurant there's usually bathrooms with stalls where you can pull down the pullup to pee. If your not sure or arent comfortable doing that maybe you should wear a full sized diaper because pullups do leak. People do sometimes notice when you wear a full-sized diaper though. So its really a tradeoff based on how comfortable you are with either scenario. And if your under the influence maybe a full sized diaper is the best option. If your like me when I have to pee I really have to pee. If you dont think you can find a stall on time better to be safe than sorry.

Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater and abcdef
mikesecret said:
Again if your going to a bar or restaurant there's usually bathrooms with stalls where you can pull down the pullup to pee. If your not sure or arent comfortable doing that maybe you should wear a full sized diaper because pullups do leak. People do sometimes notice when you wear a full-sized diaper though. So its really a tradeoff based on how comfortable you are with either scenario. And if your under the influence maybe a full sized diaper is the best option. If your like me when I have to pee I really have to pee. If you dont think you can find a stall on time better to be safe than sorry.
I meant full void in toilet sorry lol and yeah I don’t drink often so haven’t drank while having issues with IC 😅 so pull ups probs best I meant I just re read that there.

And yeah I might need to double up incase x

I have used a journal for years and find that is an excellent tool to provide a guide regarding, which product works based on time being out and about and amount of liquid intake and my reaction (wetting) based on those things.

It also provides you with a foundation of information when you are talking to your Medical Team as it will provided you an indication as to the status of your IC with supportive information. Takes the guess-work out of play.

Reactions: Diprs2, AttilaThePun and abcdef
Edgewater said:
I have used a journal for years and find that is an excellent tool to provide a guide regarding, which product works based on time being out and about and amount of liquid intake and my reaction (wetting) based on those things.

It also provides you with a foundation of information when you are talking to your Medical Team as it will provided you an indication as to the status of your IC with supportive information. Takes the guess-work out of play.
This is a great idea 💡 thanks 😊

• Love
Reactions: Edgewater
abcdef said:
Thank you 🙏

Just so you know you have really made me feel more at ease about things especially wearing around others and not so self conscious which itself is a flag to people that know me.

That would also make sense that others wouldn’t notice they 1) wouldn’t be looking for it and 2) probably too wrapped up in their own shit to notice . Work on the other hand as I work in Health and social care it may be noticeable more to colleagues 😅
As for your colleagues, I wouldn't be surprised if some of them were wearing, too! 😁

abcdef said:
Consider booster pads! If you wet the booster first and your pullup stays dry, you only need to change the booster - and that doesn't require taking anything completely off.

Reactions: Diprs2, abcdef and Edgewater
Abena m4 pull ups

Very discreet, totally silent, as absorbent as a full diaper

Reactions: Diprs2 and abcdef
Back