Ps5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll wait until it's 3 or 4 generations outdated ... seriously I can not justify the future prices of the system or it;s games.

Noodle said:
Flaw with this logic is we have no real understanding of the game's real time performance meaning we don't need what it'll actually cost to make a PC equivalent as of now. When the PS4 came out with info you had Tim Sweeney claiming it was going to be the end of PC gaming and the equivalent of the then current High End PC rigs only to be proven wrong once more. Hell the process is repeating once more again with Tim Sweeney. Chances are the price range for a PC with a similar output to PS5 and the Xbox at this point will at best be $100-200 more than the console themselves which isn't that bad given the actual multitask function of a computer and the fact that just like Laptops the consoles will be throttled by it's cases design and never meet its full potential.

Either way I do hope to see what fun games they have as my only real condition to buying a console is if the console offers more than enough games to equal or surpass the cost of the console itself.
We do have somewhat of a benchmark to determine the relative performance. The unreal engine 5 demo was run on a ps5 and it was confirmed that a gtx 2070 super produced very similar performance to the ps5's. The performance on the demo makes the ps5's graphical performance look very promising.

Here's a link to an article

dynodoggo said:
We do have somewhat of a benchmark to determine the relative performance. The unreal engine 5 demo was run on a ps5 and it was confirmed that a gtx 2070 super produced very similar performance to the ps5's. The performance on the demo makes the ps5's graphical performance look very promising.

Here's a link to an article
Except like I mentioned Tim Sweeney, which unironically is the guy in charge of Epic and UE, has done the same before in the past generation. The demos are nice and all and do show what you can do with said consoles but they never really make it a point to make it known, at least to the average consumer, that most of it is running as is due to pre-renders and a safe environment free from any potential errors once shown off. At best we can expect anything close to the UE5 demo near the end of the Xbox Series X and PS5's lifespan if we are to repeat the current generation.

Once we have the console in consumer hands the actual performance will be quantifiable instead of the pure marketing from the company itself with most of the past generations generally proving that anything grand shown off like in the UE4 and UE5 demos generally being putting the console at its absolute limits and in a controlled environment unlike the actual day to day setting.

An actual example of one of the boasts going badly for them is the SSD creating seamless loads for textures and loading screens with the gif below. Notice how the lights still have pop-in like most modern consoles do, not to say it's bad per say as long as the game is good but once again it's just marketing at play at the moment and realistically unless parts for computers become highly affordable at the high end level for even the average player don't expect it to translate down to consoles.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: dynodoggo
BabyTyrant said:
I have brought up discussions about it before we knew what it looked like

As for the design, I am not a Fan of it

I have seen some much better Renders that would have made for better designs

But ultimately the design is my Last Concern

I have liked Sony consoles since the PS1, and I have had all Generations of PlayStation consoles; I'm not huge on Xbox simply because I prefer having more games to play and that's where PlayStation excels

I dont even care if Xbox will be "More Powerful" when I would have to miss out on many games I love if I went XsX

I usually wait to go from "Current to Next Gen" because when the Next-Gen is too expensive or doesn't allow you to use your current library o have no hurry

If its gonna be $600-700+ I will wait; towards $500 or less I would probably buy on Day 1 because I am excited at the idea of having the huge increase in performance along with being able to use my current games

I have been keeping up with the information that's been coming out for the most part and I'm eagerly awaiting a confirmed price to come along
Xbox has been bragging about have "the most powerful consoles" for a while and it failed to boost sales, even when the ps3 was the most powerful it didnt help. So you would think that its something not to boost about

mistysummers said:
Xbox has been bragging about have "the most powerful consoles" for a while and it failed to boost sales, even when the ps3 was the most powerful it didnt help. So you would think that its something not to boost about

The only reason the 360 Vs PS3 Generation was so close to equal sales wise for a while was the huge price difference

$600 vs $300, a lot of people rather buy the cheap one, but then there was RRoD; so some people would still go with the PS3 for known exclusive IPs and lower failure rate

Then like halfway through the PS4 vs Xbox Generation it became a race about "Most Powerful"

I think it's stupid and performance is meaningless if you miss out on tons of amazing games because of it

But some people fall for the "Power" gimmick anyways due to Bragging Rights (or something)

Whatever though, I know someone is gonna call me "Sony Fanboy" and GateKeep what is and isnt Legitimate Games, like people tend to do

mistysummers said:
The problem with Xbox One this time around was its initial presentation drama. First Impressions matter and Xbox dropped the fucking ball on X1 especially with the DRM/Always Online fiasco. PS4 didn't do anything too special in that regard but by comparison seemed like the better alternative compared to the initial X1 reveal.

Noodle said:
The problem with Xbox One this time around was its initial presentation drama. First Impressions matter and Xbox dropped the fucking ball on X1 especially with the DRM/Always Online fiasco. PS4 didn't do anything too special in that regard but by comparison seemed like the better alternative compared to the initial X1 reveal.
Lol yeah i remember that E3 sony really tore MS a new one that day

Noodle said:

Also XB1 started $100 more expensive, is less powerful than PS4, and PS4 has a much bigger game Library (there isnt much on Xb1 that PS4 doesnt also have, but a lot PS4 has that XB1 doesnt) so Xb1 got slaughtered by PS4

PS5 is coming out with a huge advantage in number of Players on Last Gen, so they don't have to stress as much and ultimately the only advantage XsX seems to have is "Most powerful Console"

but that ultimately didn't mean crap when they tried it with Xbox One X because they still didn't do much for exclusive Games so you still miss out on many Great ones because its Xbox.

BabyTyrant said:
Also XB1 started $100 more expensive, is less powerful than PS4, and PS4 has a much bigger game Library (there isnt much on Xb1 that PS4 doesnt also have, but a lot PS4 has that XB1 doesnt) so Xb1 got slaughtered by PS4

PS5 is coming out with a huge advantage in number of Players on Last Gen, so they don't have to stress as much and ultimately the only advantage XsX seems to have is "Most powerful Console"

but that ultimately didn't mean crap when they tried it with Xbox One X because they still didn't do much for exclusive Games so you still miss out on many Great ones because its Xbox.
Almost forgot about the price difference at launch. Still I wouldn't consider the Exclusive Games to be a valid argument in regards to X1 v PS5 solely due to most data behind the biggest sellers and active communities for both consoles always being solely dominated by Multiplats with the rare exclusive here or there. The biggest factor in my opinion is first impressions and buy in price. People will congregate where their friends are and in this gen 360 lost all momentum with the DRM and higher cost that the PS4 didn't have, we might get the reverse this time around aka PS3/360 era.

I never had some big Social thing going on on my PS4/3
I just played games with my friends that i knew before
i can't think of a single friend of me that i had met on PS4
Actually i don't know if any of the guys i ever put in my friendlist on PS4
beside my real buddys is still playing on PS4 because i use it that rarely for Onlinegames.

On the other Hand some of the People i met online on PC are among my best friends now,
and we have met in physical person at least twice per year for a few days.
Also we not just play games, we watch Videos, hear music, talk about stuff and share drawing.
We are not just some Gamers playing the same game, we are a Community of friends.
if you ask me that is as close as an Online social life could get to a real social life...

I don't believe the PS5 could change that, or surpass that.

Last edited:
Reactions: isabella
IMO, I don’t really like “consoles” in general. I once tried out the PS4 (rental), and I felt that playing on a TV was just too big. I can’t take in everything as I have to look all around the tv in order to see opponents and where they are hiding, which by then already kill me. Yep, the downfall of a 72”...

So I guess I will stick with the Nintendo switch, my PC, retro Mario and controllers, and... yeah.

isabella said:
IMO, I don’t really like “consoles” in general. I once tried out the PS4 (rental), and I felt that playing on a TV was just too big. I can’t take in everything as I have to look all around the tv in order to see opponents and where they are hiding, which by then already kill me. Yep, the downfall of a 72”...

So I guess I will stick with the Nintendo switch, my PC, retro Mario and controllers, and... yeah.
I used to have a 70"+ tv and yes sometime a tv can be to big, now i have a 65" and its the best size for my gaming space

Noodle said:
Almost forgot about the price difference at launch. Still I wouldn't consider the Exclusive Games to be a valid argument in regards to X1 v PS5 solely due to most data behind the biggest sellers and active communities for both consoles always being solely dominated by Multiplats with the rare exclusive here or there. The biggest factor in my opinion is first impressions and buy in price. People will congregate where their friends are and in this gen 360 lost all momentum with the DRM and higher cost that the PS4 didn't have, we might get the reverse this time around aka PS3/360 era.

Exclusives may not be the biggest factor, but it does matter to some people as more games is always a big plus and Sony Exclusives tend to be very fun and very high quality

Yes, which system your friends have does highly matter, but that's becoming less of a deciding factor since Cross Play is becoming such a major thing

Performance does matter to a degree as well, but if I have the choice of 20% more power or 5x the exclusive game library, i will take the slightly lower performance with way more games i want to play as i still get amazing performance (2x last Generation) and get way more games i can play as well

And for some price is a huge factor, but I don't see it becoming as big of a difference price wise as the PS3 vs Xbox 360 Generation, if anything they will launch at the same price

Or 1 of them will be $100 more than the other, which might just be enough to make the choice for some Gamers (you could almost buy a brand new Game + 1st party controller with $100 Difference)

Reactions: dynodoggo
BabyTyrant said:
Exclusives may not be the biggest factor, but it does matter to some people as more games is always a big plus and Sony Exclusives tend to be very fun and very high quality

Yes, which system your friends have does highly matter, but that's becoming less of a deciding factor since Cross Play is becoming such a major thing

Performance does matter to a degree as well, but if I have the choice of 20% more power or 5x the exclusive game library, i will take the slightly lower performance with way more games i want to play as i still get amazing performance (2x last Generation) and get way more games i can play as well

And for some price is a huge factor, but I don't see it becoming as big of a difference price wise as the PS3 vs Xbox 360 Generation, if anything they will launch at the same price

Or 1 of them will be $100 more than the other, which might just be enough to make the choice for some Gamers (you could almost buy a brand new Game + 1st party controller with $100 Difference)
I totally agree. Personally, I got a PS4 because I wanted to play the playstation exclusives that all my friends have been raving about. So my case was a combination of both ps exclusives and friends already having ps4's.

It will be interesting to see where this goes. I love the design of the Xbox Series X and find the PS5 butt-ass ugly, though as pointed out by others, it's all about the games. So far, the games I enjoy are mostly in the Sony and Nintendo camps. I bought a PS3 and (mostly) loved it, despite that it, too, had a brain-dead design and had to be hidden behind my TV because it was so loud.

As for PC gaming and PCs being "better": Irrelevant--like the PS5 design. The staple genres of PC gaming simply have never appealed to me. Neither am I eager to seek entertainment from the same device I'm forced to stare at for eight hours every day. I'd rather crash on the couch, light up my console with the touch of a button, and play the latest Final Fantasy or other JRPG title months or years before it comes out on Windows--if it ever does. You can keep all your FPS and MMO stuff. Not my cup of tea at all.

isabella said:

Funnily enough? One of the biggest advantages I've found by playing games on my assorted consoles IS having a large screen TV! Put headphones on, turn off all the lights in the room, and I get so drawn into these modern, high-graphics-oriented games like nothing I've ever experienced before.

OldeHoss said:
Funnily enough? One of the biggest advantages I've found by playing games on my assorted consoles IS having a large screen TV! Put headphones on, turn off all the lights in the room, and I get so drawn into these modern, high-graphics-oriented games like nothing I've ever experienced before.
Meh, to each their own. I think it’s hard to look at the top right and then to the bottom left. Probably shot to death by then XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back