Protecting the bed

iampadded said:
Real rubber sheet under the bed sheet. I have always had one so it feels normal.
I like the look and feel of a rubber sheet although right now I use a fitted vinyl mattress cover. I grew up with a rubber sheet on my bed so maybe its just nostalgic on my part? My mom always put a cotton absorbing pad on between the bed sheet and the rubber sheet and I still use an absorbing pad.

Reactions: chamberpot, Wetshisbed, Constantlydamp and 1 other person
Double terry lined plastic pants !!! If you look really hard you can get a romper made with terry cloth on the inside of it made!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Edgewater
I do use a full mattress protection first, then I put a bed mat on and under the sheet well placed, thus it won’t move. And then of course the nighttime diaper, which I prefer a good absorbency one rather than a cheap one with booster. But just preferences, it also works. And that’s it! Doing so it’s quite uncommon that the mattress protection finishes wet.

mikesecret said:
I like the look and feel of a rubber sheet although right now I use a fitted vinyl mattress cover. I grew up with a rubber sheet on my bed so maybe its just nostalgic on my part? My mom always put a cotton absorbing pad on between the bed sheet and the rubber sheet and I still use an absorbing pad.
Growing up, my mother also had a cotton absorbing pad between the bedsheet and the rubber sheet. That is because I went through a period as a teen where I stopped wearing diapers at night, but still continue to have a lot of accidents. Now I don’t have an absorbing pad Since I and rarely have a leak significant enough to require an absorbing pad.

Reactions: Deleted member 39574 and Edgewater
Tena slip ultima, plastic pants, then from top down, normal sheet, absorbent sheet, real rubber sheet and terry towelling waterproof mattress protector.

Reactions: Deleted member 39193, Constantlydamp and Edgewater
iampadded said:
Growing up, my mother also had a cotton absorbing pad between the bedsheet and the rubber sheet. That is because I went through a period as a teen where I stopped wearing diapers at night, but still continue to have a lot of accidents. Now I don’t have an absorbing pad Since I and rarely have a leak significant enough to require an absorbing pad.
I wasnt allowed to wear diapers after I turned 9 or 10 because my father thought it just prolonged bedwetting. So for me it meant waking up with wet pjs and sheets. By about 13 it decreased a lot but I had the rubber sheet on my bed until I was 17.

Reactions: ik02 and Edgewater
mikesecret said:
I wasnt allowed to wear diapers after I turned 9 or 10 because my father thought it just prolonged bedwetting. So for me it meant waking up with wet pjs and sheets. By about 13 it decreased a lot but I had the rubber sheet on my bed until I was 17.
Same here though at 15 I was back in nappies at night until I finally became dry at night in my early 20s. I am sure going back to nappies in my teens prolonged my bedwetting but as it never bothered me I didn't care.

Reactions: Andy86 and Edgewater
My newer, cheap mattress protector has performed flawlessly, but I wear goodnites.

I have a new all latex mattress and I'm super concerned that if I wet too much I'll totally fuck it up. So I have a folded bath towel beneath the mattress protector. So far, nothing has gotten to the bath towel. But I don't leak onto the sheets very often and when it happens, it's usually just a press-out.

Maybe plastic lined diapers and plastic pants might work. I guess it depends on how much quantity you produce.

Tena Slip Ultima Active, boxer briefs, plastic pants, top sheet, waterproof bed pad and a mattress protector. I find the combination of nappy, underpants and plastic pants always contains the wetness, but also I’m confident that if any leaks were to happen the mattress would be completely protected.

Reactions: BenNevis, Constantlydamp and ik02
MiddleJacob said:
My newer, cheap mattress protector has performed flawlessly, but I wear goodnites.

I have a new all latex mattress and I'm super concerned that if I wet too much I'll totally fuck it up. So I have a folded bath towel beneath the mattress protector. So far, nothing has gotten to the bath towel. But I don't leak onto the sheets very often and when it happens, it's usually just a press-out.
Where did you get your mattress protection, does it completely enclose the mattress ?

mikesecret said:
I never had a rubber sheet. My Dad got some thick polythene sheet and my mattress was wrapped in that. Later in my teens the continence nurse issued me with a "Sandra" fitted waterproof cover that completely covered the mattress.

Reactions: Constantlydamp
Just plastic Crinklz diapers and a towel under me

Constantlydamp said:
Where did you get your mattress protection, does it completely enclose the mattress ?
TLDR: The answer is Amazon an no it's not an encasement. I kind of want an encasement for the next good pillow I buy but I don't deem it necessary for a mattress. Let me explain.

SafeRest Mattress Protector - Twin Size Cotton Terry Waterproof Mattress Protector, Breathable Fitted Mattress Cover with Stretchable Pockets​

Rambling:

I did some research about mattress protection and was willing to spend quite a bit to protect my latex mattress.

All of my product research includes the now pay-walled website called Wirecutter.

Wirecutter had an extensive review of mattress protectors. I simply got the first one after reading through their interviews with textile scientists. Their in-house field testing also influenced my decision.

I use Wirecutter for almost anything as I just moved and decided to pay for a year subscription. Even for silly stuff like dish drying racks. But when I pay for a service, I try to get the most out of it. Plus, it satisfies some kind of shopping or maybe hunting urge. It's relaxing to me to over-research stuff.

Reactions: Edgewater and Constantlydamp
MiddleJacob said:
TLDR: The answer is Amazon an no it's not an encasement. I kind of want an encasement for the next good pillow I buy but I don't deem it necessary for a mattress. Let me explain.

SafeRest Mattress Protector - Twin Size Cotton Terry Waterproof Mattress Protector, Breathable Fitted Mattress Cover with Stretchable Pockets​

Rambling:

I did some research about mattress protection and was willing to spend quite a bit to protect my latex mattress.

All of my product research includes the now pay-walled website called Wirecutter.

Wirecutter had an extensive review of mattress protectors. I simply got the first one after reading through their interviews with textile scientists. Their in-house field testing also influenced my decision.

I use Wirecutter for almost anything as I just moved and decided to pay for a year subscription. Even for silly stuff like dish drying racks. But when I pay for a service, I try to get the most out of it. Plus, it satisfies some kind of shopping or maybe hunting urge. It's relaxing to me to over-research stuff.
Thank you for the information 👍

Back