Prostrate surgery

Pantyman

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I have an enlarged prostrate. I have been on several drugs trying to improve flow and also bedwetting. Because of the combination of night time prescriptions, my bed wetting will probably continue. On a recent trip my prostrate swelled and I was unable to urinate and was forced to go in and be cathetered. I am thinking that maybe I will just have my prostate removed and deal with the issues afterwards. Will I be permanently incontinent after that?

• Wow
Reactions: Diprs2 and Edgewater
I think the doctor would rather first deal with the issue. Removing the prostrate would be the least likely way to deal with it. Sorry you’re having so many issues

There are more common surgery prior to prostrate removal. Commonly, the surgery release some amount of restriction that the prostrate enlargement causes. That is far more common than removal, which is more common when the prostrate is effected by cancer.

As with any surgery, Incontinence is sadly always possible, but not common. Many are U-IC for several hours to several weeks after the surgery and I strongly recommend that you assure that you have a diaper on before coming home as it is not uncommon to have leakage after the catheter is removed. Note, there is commonly a couple of hours between when you are told you will be released prior to it physically happening. Do not put on your travel diaper until they arrive to wheel you out of your room!

Assure you have diapers available for at least 48+ hours after you arrive home!

Last edited:
Reactions: Gejoe, Diprs2 and Pino
I had my prostate removed due to cancer, after surgery I wore a catheter for a week then when it was removed I wore a light pad but it wasn't enough protection. We went out to eat and I ended up with wet pants. I used pull-ups from then on and retained some continents after about a month. It has been over 17 years and I still have stress incontinence but I don't try very hard to become continent. Have not been able to get an erection since the surgery, that is the big side effect. If you had a biopsy and are cancer free, get your prostate roto rotered.

Last edited:
Reactions: EcoIncon, Diprs2 and Edgewater
Gejoe said:
I had my prostate removed due to cancer, after surgery I wore a catheter for a week then when it was removed I wore a light pad but it wasn't enough protection. We went out to eat and I ended up with wet pants. I used pull-ups from then on and retained some continents after about a month. It has been over 17 years and I still have stress incontinence but I don't try very hard to become continent. Have not been able to get an erection since the surgery, that is the big side effect. If you had a biopsy and are cancer free, get your prostate roto rotered.
Me too, five years ago. BTW it really is a prostate, not a prostrate!! The loss of erection is a drag, but I am still here to enjoy life. I understand that there are new methods of treating prostate cancer with MRI guided radiotherapy, and as long as it is caught in time the results are very good. Even after a radical prostatectomy the incontinence should go away as long as you do the exercises. I was incontinent before the operation and the surgeon said I would probably remain incontinent for ever. He was very surprised when I told him that the incontinence did not worry me, I had learned to cope with it.

Reactions: Gejoe, Diprs2, Edgewater and 1 other person
For prostate enlargement affecting ability to urinate, the usual procedure is a TURP - which stands for TransUrethral Resection of the Prostate. My grandfather had it, and had urinary incontinence of decreasing severity for a month or so. He was able to pee when he needed to, and eventually able to not pee when he didn't want to, so that suited him fine.

• Love
Pantyman said:
I have an enlarged prostrate. I have been on several drugs trying to improve flow and also bedwetting. Because of the combination of night time prescriptions, my bed wetting will probably continue. On a recent trip my prostrate swelled and I was unable to urinate and was forced to go in and be cathetered. I am thinking that maybe I will just have my prostate removed and deal with the issues afterwards. Will I be permanently incontinent after that?
this is one to fully address with your doctor. i don't think they remove a prostate unless it is cancer. there are various surgical procedures a urologist can do that would allow for better flow. Again that is something your urologist would talk to you about. What a urologist will tell you is that with any procedure there is a risk and part of that risk is making your incontinence worse. too allow for better flow due to an enlarged prostate you will go more (pee more). none of these procedures are to be taken lightly and always get a second opinion.

Reactions: Teddy02, Diprs2, Edgewater and 1 other person
I had a similar issue with my prostate. They ended up scooping parts of it out (yes, they actually do that) using a procedure called TURP. They can do it with laser, or a heated wire. Mine used the wire. I was awake for the entire procedure which didn't last all that long (less than an hour), but I was giving a epidural, so I couldn't feel anything from the waist down, followed by an overnight stay to ensure the bleeding stops. During that time, they kept me cath'd in order to flush out the blood.

Reactions: AttilaThePun, Diprs2 and Edgewater
Pantyman said:
I don't know if this'll help in any way but if you're worrying about unable to pee yourself in diapers you could try using a texture aka a urethral toy or in simpler terms a plug for the dick it would go inside your penis, assuming that your issue of it being too big is making it harder to piss yourself it would be useful because it can train your Urethra to expand

Reactions: Diprs2
Back