Proposal: An ABDL symbol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Symbols can be created to be only recognized by a select privy few. The one I created here is the color combination of pink + blue, rendering a violet hue. The bands symbolize diversity and unity by using the white band between them.

ilostthesheriff said:
Symbols can be created to be only recognized by a select privy few. The one I created here is the color combination of pink + blue, rendering a violet hue. The bands symbolize diversity and unity by using the white band between them.
I see.

Budunker said:
I propose a symbol is chosen to represent the ABDL community. Something to wear as a badge. Though not everyone in the community would want to be involved in this venture I imagine, a symbol could be excellent as identification to other ABDLs. A symbol could also be used for the usual purposes. Flags, t-shirts, stickers, etc.
The safety pin was the logical symbol of choice. Unfortunately the safety pin is also a political symbol so it cannot be used. The ABDL symbol must be subtle and easy to apply. Something that could be worn on a shirt for example, that would not arouse suspicion from those that do not know the meaning of the emblem. My personal suggestion is the letter block. The letter block can be diversely used, and it is not particularly suspicious while still being connected to the ABDL community. I would love to hear your input on this idea so feel free to reply.
The letter block is brilliant. I almost said it's too babyish but then I realized the point. I feel like we need to say something about being adult babies and not just babies. Like a bathroom stick figure that keeps us out because we are diapered. Like a symbol of men and woman restroom with a ban symbol through it? Hmm....

I just now realized that the symbol shown kinda' looks like a diaper tape.

I actually agree with you. The ABDL diaper companies kind of have this covered. I don't want my abdl public either. That is why I secretly wet.
Budunker said:
You raise a good point. However, sitting back forever will constantly put us in a place of disdain in the public eye. Other fetish communities don’t hide for fear of having of their lives ruined. In my opinion it is inevitable that the ABDL community will gain more public attention as time goes on either way.

Beareaglecat1 said:
I actually agree with you. The ABDL diaper companies kind of have this covered. I don't want my abdl public either. That is why I secretly wet.
I at most want it accepted by the family I live with and Two of my closest friends so i don't have to have anxiety about my wearing lol

Reactions: Traveller
MrPurple said:
View attachment 57299

Any Symbol you pick will morph in to this in the eyes of the public once it hits Facebook. Remember that.

ABDL is a fetish, it’s not the same as being gay or having gender dysphoria. It doesn’t matter if it is sexual or not. It is a fetish.
So that means you keep it “in the bedroom” or an appropriate space. You do not go on an exhibition spree with it.

People on here need to wake up once in a while. We all enjoy it but there’s no excuse to be stupid about it. We need to behave ourselves or the level of persecution we will face from a few idiots because of a few idiots who don’t understand boundaries will be terrible.
I logged in after quite a few months to point this out... I really don't mean to necrobump. A thousand pardons.

I was googling ABDL symbols to find a discreet one to possibly have as a tattoo. My query was "ABDL symbol" and "ABDL symbol subtle" This image of the red target with the word "pedophile" was one of the first results. Upon clicking, it directed me to this site. In theory, I can't tell you what to do with your image macro, but it would really serve everyone's best interest if you took that down.

Last edited:
buridan said:
Take a deep breath, folks. Wearing a discreet ABDL badge or pin is not "forcing a fetish on the public." It is not going to result in people being sent to prisons or mental hospitals. It also isn't going to change society or promote tolerance in any significant way.

There is no point in debating whether there should be an ABDL symbol. That ship has sailed; there already are two ABDL symbols. If you don't like the designs, you're free to create and to promote another one. If you aren't interested in using a symbol, you don't have to.

If you want to promote social tolerance of ABDL, the most effective thing you can do is to speak up against all kinds of kink-shaming and prudery.

I agree with @boostergold that it's best not to draw analogies between LGBTQ identities and ABDL.
As buridan has said, a symbol weather it be pin on or such for t shirts in no way shape or form is forcing a fetish on our community. 🤔

The ABDL community is doing no harming to anyone vanilla or not, and an identifying symbol to wear so other abdls can easily recognize each other is a terrific idea. We need a symbol that is amazing and distinguish. One that screams Im proud to be a part of the ABDL community!

Some of us choose to live in a cave while others choose to explore nature.

You do YOU!! 😊

• Love
Reactions: longallsboy and ChrisK
PaddedLittleParadise said:
Buridan, you may be exactly on the money here about different social worlds. The divides between urban/rural and conservative/liberal are painfully real (esp. here in the US), and it's good for us to remember them. Harrison, Arkansas is a very different place from Key West, just to name one extreme contrast.

I've attempted to generate discussion about and support for a standard AB/DL flag (in the spirit of the leather and furry flags), but as you can see from that recent thread, there seems to be little support for it here.

Having watched this thread for some time, all I'll say in closing is pure personal opinion (so take it FWIW): It's going to be difficult for any community to successfully lobby for acceptance from others when a significant percentage aren't accepting of themselves.

That's very funny indeed, hilarious in a sad way, because as someone who has Classic Autism and likes children's long-alls (dressy overalls) / jon jons and T strap shoes, I am actually more accepted in Alabama or South Carolina than in Oregon or anywhere in the West Coast. Which is why I'm getting the heck out of the liberal West Coast and moving to the Deep South. I've never been called the R word or pedo more than anywhere but the West Coast. I hope to leave soon and good riddance. But I guess people are more understanding towards even adult babies than Autistics like me.

- longallsboy

Last edited:
buridan said:
I think I understand what you were saying better now. It sounds as if we are living in different social worlds.

I'm a gay man, and I've spent my adult life in large, liberal cities. In my social world, there is a strong norm that kinks will be disclosed early in a romantic relationship. Disclosing a kink like ABDL comes with a risk of rejection, of course, and there is some risk of facing (I think misplaced) moral judgment from that person. (Judgmental gay people exist, though most of us know better.) But there isn't much risk of being "outed" as ABDL to the wider community, since there are strong norms of respecting privacy. There thus isn't much risk of being "demonized by society" (beyond the demonization all gay people experience).

I've been involved in the gay ABDL community for close to two decades. Relationships do break up because of incompatibility regarding ABDL. (It's happened to me.) Usually it happens early. I haven't heard many stories about a gay man disclosing a major kink several years into a relationship. I don't think I've ever heard about a gay ABDL man disclosing his ABDL-hood to his husband after getting married. If someone did that, I think the non-ABDL partner would be right to be angry. The justified complaint wouldn't be, "ABDL is wrong." (It isn't, obviously.) The justified complaint would be, "You kept a big secret," or "You didn't trust me," or "You tried to pull a bait and switch."

In my social world, ABDL is normally completely consensual. There is a strong norm of respecting limits. We do not form relationships with incompatible people and then spend years pressuring them to do things they consider hard limits. We do make compromises. All healthy relationships involve making compromises.

I'm sure that straight people and people living outside major urban areas face different pressures. I'm reluctant to give advice to people who live in very different social environments. But I do think there are two universally valid principles of sexual ethics. One is that it's wrong to pressure people to do sexual things they don't want to do. The other is that it's wrong to shame people for their sexual desires when those desires don't involve intrinsically harmful activities.

Hahaha. You aren't Autistic and straight. I hate to tell you, but I have been called the R word for being Autistic a zillion times, even in college. And much worse names and I am in the liberal Western USA. This was even when I was in college. I don't even wear diapers, although I have some childlike inclinations which are totally not my fault because they are due to my having Autism, and I probably don't even technically qualify to be an adult baby. All I know for sure is what I experienced - and I have to say that I've been to the South many times, in conservative areas in the Carolinas, and they were 100 times more understanding of my Autism and ADHD, and my childlike interests (like an interest in wearing long-alls, T strap shoes, or collecting them, or liking children's cartoons or kiddie rides at amusement parks), or the mere fact I was Autistic in itself. I have been well treated in children's clothing stores and in children's consignment stores that sell long-alls in the Deep South. I have no idea why I've been treated worse in the West, since supposedly people in the West are more understanding of differences and diversity and disability. Sure they are, my foot. I'm moving out of this place as soon as I can, and, good riddance. If you have Autism, don't expect anything and be prepared to be treated worse than the worst criminals on the mere fact you have Autism.

- longallsboy

Last edited:
Personally kind of tired of every little thing having a color or symbol or flag. How are we celebrating diversity and inclusion anyway if we are categorizing everybody with symbols and calling out differences explicitly with signs? Here's your star?

Also really hate every day ordinary things being co-opted and taken away from every day ordinary people and context. Example, you can't like rainbows or anything with rainbows now like Care Bears without the assumption that it *must* be because you are LGBT. 🙄

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Joediaper, MarshallfromPawPatrol and longallsboy
LittleAndAlone said:
Personally kind of tired of every little thing having a color or symbol or flag. How are we celebrating diversity and inclusion anyway if we are categorizing everybody with symbols and calling out differences explicitly with signs? Here's your star?

Also really hate every day ordinary things being co-opted and taken away from every day ordinary people and context. Example, you can't like rainbows or anything with rainbows now like Care Bears without the assumption that it *must* be because you are LGBT. 🙄

Or the newspaper obituaries using "they" and "them" as a pronoun for the person when they weren't even LGBT in the first place. I've seen obituaries of actual chronological babies and toddlers, more recently, in the last few years, where "they" was used to describe them. That's just wrong. I'm sorry, but I've never heard of a 1 year old baby that was LGBT. I'm gobsmacked. I hope when I do kick the bucket, my obituary doesn't say "they passed away on......". Hey, I never had any doubt as to what I was, and that I'm a male. This has gone too far. Acceptance of LGBT is one thing, forcing other people to become one is totally different. I don't know what this country is turning into....smh. In no way am I prejudiced against LGBT, I know people who are and some of them are friends, and I support that. But don't be brainwashing me into thinking I am LGBT when I really am not.

Same point you just made with Care Bears. I like Care Bears. That doesn't mean I'm transgender or gay or anything.

- longallsboy

Last edited:
Reactions: Joediaper and MarshallfromPawPatrol
longallsboy said:
Or the newspaper obituaries using "they" and "them" as a pronoun for the person when they weren't even LGBT in the first place. I've seen obituaries of actual chronological babies and toddlers, more recently, in the last few years, where "they" was used to describe them. That's just wrong. I'm gobsmacked. I hope when I do kick the bucket, my obituary doesn't say "they passed away on......". Hey, I never had any doubt as to what I was, and that I'm a male. This has gone too far. Acceptance of LGBT is one thing, forcing other people to become one is totally different. I don't know what this country is turning into....smh. In no way am I prejudiced against LGBT, I know people who are and some of them are friends, and I support that. But don't be brainwashing me into thinking I am LGBT when I really am not.

Same point you just made with Care Bears. I like Care Bears. That doesn't mean I'm transgender or gay or anything.

- longallsboy
Ironically I used to use "they/them" all the time in writing in school to refer to a singular or group of anonymous unknown 3rd persons in all inclusive shorthand. I was repeatedly told by multiple English professionals that this is incorrect grammer and that you should either write "he or she" or interchangeably use "he" and "she" in equal amounts when refering to individuals and "they/them" only applied in plural. None of this had anything to do with LGBT, this was before the preferred pronouns movement.

Now that I'm out of school and don't have to do writing assignments anymore it's ok to use "they/them".

😖

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Thinking
Reactions: Joediaper and longallsboy
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back